Club football #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The relegation plot thickens...though probably nothing more will come of this:

Perhaps Leeds and Burnley will get an apology from the PL like Everton did over the Man City pen incident...
Leeds got a -15pt penalty for financial misdemeanours. So an apology would probably be just in this curious league.

Let’s talk about how Leeds spending £53m since last summer and falling from 9th to 18th and potential relegation instead 🤷🏼‍♀️
Love to. What do you think has gone wrong and why?

Leeds got a -15pt penalty for financial misdemeanours. So an apology would probably be just in this curious league.

Love to. What do you think has gone wrong and why?
From an outsiders point of view, I think you’ve had a lot of the similar problems to us this year with injuries - but Bielsa having such a small squad didn’t help whatsoever when them injuries hit. I don’t know enough to say whether the players stopped believing in him or not? The change from the Leeds that you were in your first season was just huge. I know fans didn’t want him to go and one I know would rather be going down feeling connected to Leeds and Bielsa than with Marsch. What do you reckon?

For what it’s worth, I’m desperate for Leeds to stay up and praying for yous on Sunday x

Reactions: 1
I'm really excited that the Wolves Women's team's playoff against Southampton, for promotion into the Championship, is being shown on iPlayer tomorrow (first time Wolves have been on the BBC for ages!). Our manager, who's also an RAF engineer, will be watching from a 'top-secret RAF' posting (he's devastated to be missing the match). I still think it's ridiculous that you can win your division (as Wolves and Southampton both did in the North and South National Leagues, respectively) and still potentially miss out on promotion. If I were Saints, I'd also be a little annoyed about the 'neutral' venue of Stockport being selected — apparently the closest ground they could secure! Wolves Women have had a great season whatever happens, and given our men's team's goal dearth, it's nice to be able to get behind the ladies knocking up big scores.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
From an outsiders point of view, I think you’ve had a lot of the similar problems to us this year with injuries - but Bielsa having such a small squad didn’t help whatsoever when them injuries hit. I don’t know enough to say whether the players stopped believing in him or not? The change from the Leeds that you were in your first season was just huge. I know fans didn’t want him to go and one I know would rather be going down feeling connected to Leeds and Bielsa than with Marsch. What do you reckon?

For what it’s worth, I’m desperate for Leeds to stay up and praying for yous on Sunday x
I think it comes down to one thing, in May 21 Angus Kinnear (our director) told our official radio/media that the club has identified a striker, midfielder and a left back, and had the budget available to purchase them. For whatever reason by 1/Sept Leeds had made no signings. Whatever happened that summer - a board rift is thought most likely is what cost us. You cannot sustain playing in the Premier League with at best a Championship level squad.

That said, being in a competitive league again, where the away days are fun and the football is genuine appeals.

Reactions: 2
Ah so it wasnt meant to be for my beloved Luton Town, so very proud of the seasons achievements. Roll on next season and we get our rivalry back with Watford lol
To those whose teams still have matches to play, good luck
Now what do I do on a Saturday for the next couple of months 😃🧡
Gutted but also not gutted at the same time. So proud of this season and I’m not sure my liver could have taken the day out at Wembley 🤣

• Haha
My local team (Guiseley) was relegated from the National League North this season. I have a soft spot for York City as a neighbour (although I don’t actively support them) so I was happy that they got promotion to the National League this afternoon.

London was full of mackems this weekend and I loved it. Well done to you all, good natured and humoured my very drunk boyfriend on the tube 🥴

My local team (Guiseley) was relegated from the National League North this season. I have a soft spot for York City as a neighbour (although I don’t actively support them) so I was happy that they got promotion to the National League this afternoon.
Really glad York got promoted, I have a soft spot for them too.

• Heart
I think it comes down to one thing, in May 21 Angus Kinnear (our director) told our official radio/media that the club has identified a striker, midfielder and a left back, and had the budget available to purchase them. For whatever reason by 1/Sept Leeds had made no signings. Whatever happened that summer - a board rift is thought most likely is what cost us. You cannot sustain playing in the Premier League with at best a Championship level squad.

That said, being in a competitive league again, where the away days are fun and the football is genuine appeals.
How strange. It’s weird cos similarly - Ancelotti came out and had spoken about being told we could spend last summer and had a budget etc and then our summer signings were Townsend on a free and Gray for £1.7m and Begovic was a free I think too… Not strengthening in January was particularly a bad thing for Leeds it seems. What do you think of Marsch?

This is what is tit about football is that fans suffer as a result of tit owners/management at that level.

As i’ve said, I’m really praying that Leeds stay up over Burnley. That and the City score are the ones I care about most tomorrow.

Also Burnley are only trying to do this thing with Everton because they’re fucked if they go down in terms of having to repay loans or something I read the other week?

How strange. It’s weird cos similarly - Ancelotti came out and had spoken about being told we could spend last summer and had a budget etc and then our summer signings were Townsend on a free and Gray for £1.7m and Begovic was a free I think too… Not strengthening in January was particularly a bad thing for Leeds it seems. What do you think of Marsch?

This is what is tit about football is that fans suffer as a result of tit owners/management at that level.

As i’ve said, I’m really praying that Leeds stay up over Burnley. That and the City score are the ones I care about most tomorrow.

Also Burnley are only trying to do this thing with Everton because they’re fucked if they go down in terms of having to repay loans or something I read the other week?
I am not so fond of Marsch. I think he is tactically inept and ready to settle for draws. We can say a lot about Bielsa but he never settled for a draw and had them running and running for the full 90 minutes trying for the win. I keep thinking I need to give Marsch a chance and then he makes some stupid decisions and I remember how cruelly the board treated Bielsa. The Brighton game was a sign of things to come with regards the board and the fans relationship with the board. They sacked Bielsa and if Marsch takes us down it is time for them both to go.

I think it is good for football though when the last game of the season comes and there is still something to play for at both ends of the table.

Big day today! I love it when it goes to the final day. I’m saying city to win the league, Leeds to go down!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
My husband and children have gone to Brentford today. I just hope the Leeds fans can behave.

I have said it many times, being a Leeds Utd fan is not fit the faint hearted. I feel sick. Keep seeing my husband and children on tv. Eeeek.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.