Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
I missed the GMB interview but I did catch the live part where they interviewed one of the protesters at the roadside. These people are utterly delusional. When asked about the waste of police resources her answer was that crops will start failing and that will incite murders so it’s actually a good thing that they are doing it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I've seen suggestions that people should start carrying 2l bottles of cold water (OK I've also seen suggestions of worse contents like slurry or urine but don't think that necessary!) to pour over these protestors should you find them in the way of your car, and thus annoy them back without doing anything terribly illegal, like driving over them would be.

Also to have a bag of large cable ties in the boot, which could be used to secure them to nearby railings or lampposts (for their own safety, obvs) if they insist on running back into the road each time the public move them off to the side.

The fight back is coming, if the police continue to do nothing but offer them nice cups of tea, I think inconvenienced members of the public will soon start to take things into their own hands, but hopefully with harmless measures as above before someone is actually run over and squashed.
They seem like good ideas, it is so easy to get squished on a road, all it takes is a high vehicle (lorry ect) going fast and it cannot stop in time. While I do not condone running them over, they take that risk by being on the road.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
The whole theatre disruption thing is so dreadfully middle class.

I feared they didn't have the courage of their convictions in a prior post. Looks like I'm right.
The interviewed some (for want of a better word) youngsters about this on the news the other day, the thought it was cool 🙄 says it all

RaveChampion

Chatty Member
Do you think JSO want a Martyr?

Daisy Goodwin suggested this a while ago but I didn't really see it myself tbh.

It would absolutely fit in with cultist "magical thinking" though.

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
I've come to the conclusion that the government is tolerating these loons (and has instructed the police to basically do very little about them) to distract us from something. It's inconceivable that there aren't already numerous legal approaches that can tacklle people disrupting major roads and motorways, or endangering themselves and others.

I think it's deliberate that they're being allowed to continue and it's to distract us from the governments disastrous handling of immigration, and covid/healthcare.
Are you sure about that? They get about two minutes, and usually only on the local news so from what I've seen not really taking much away from anything that's normally in the national news.

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
I just dont understand why the police arent acting more forcefully - not to hurt them but to remove them and kettle them somewhere like they do on loads of other protests?

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member
I think because for the most part it’s technically peaceful protest (I’m aware there’s some within these groups who are causing criminal damage by smashing windows are major corps) there’s not a lot the police can do other than move them on/ask them to disperse.

I mean they’re completely stupid and incredibly selfish. But what they’re doing is on a technicality not illegal (as in the right to peaceful protest). If the police went in heavy handed with them it would end up the police in the wrong and probably sued by the protesters. So I don’t think it’s anything underhanded or some great distraction conspiracy. They’re barely given coverage anyway. Think they got at most a two minute piece on the 6pm news the other day.

Bubbles Tizzy

Bet they willl not have the balls to protest in Glasgow when the COP26 is taking place. Bloody idiots, they need locking up.

Cooksie

VIP Member
Will they actually distrupt the marathon though? Or like Aintree will the locals help out and stop any protestors??

kev1974

VIP Member
Are you sure about that? They get about two minutes, and usually only on the local news so from what I've seen not really taking much away from anything that's normally in the national news.
I dunno, I just can't think of any other explanation for why they're not just being dealt with promptly and efficiently back on day one.

NonDairyQueen

VIP Member
I've come to the conclusion that the government is tolerating these loons (and has instructed the police to basically do very little about them) to distract us from something. It's inconceivable that there aren't already numerous legal approaches that can tacklle people disrupting major roads and motorways, or endangering themselves and others.

I think it's deliberate that they're being allowed to continue and it's to distract us from the governments disastrous handling of immigration, and covid/healthcare.
I thinkif anything they are being counterproductive. Its a good idea to 'insulate Britain' (not insulating the second homes of these bored middle class protesters who could easily afford to insulate their own homes) but at least all the Social Housing in the UK. It is a better and easier environmental 'win' that the Hydrogen boiler grants, but I think they government didnt want to be seen to be pandering to them by putting more money into insulation.

ColaMonster

ah, what we all wish for our kids when they’re growing up 😂
Don’t worry about the environment, let the local scank have his way with you behind the community football grounds 😐

I think she might be autistic right? So it could be why she’s seems so distant and sternly when speaking.
But that aside she’s just such a judgmental, condescending snarky child. 😂

I’m like “you’re 8 and you wanted a few days off school to protest shut up and sit down ffs” 😂
She came across as very serious and robotic to my Mate when he met her in 2019.

SunshineDreamer

Chatty Member
It’s not peaceful by any stretch of the imagination. They are not too far from me and I needed to pop out to grab a few bit for Easter for the kids and it was hell. I did not feel comfortable in the slightest. I was just so pleased I didn’t have the kids with me but this week I have not felt comfortable taking them out.

31 October. So are these idiots done now?

What was actually achieved, other than making the Met Police look utterly incompetent and ineffectual?

Well we’re here talking about it so shit tons of earned media worth its weight in gold & increasing public sympathy as they’ve largely moved away from stunts that inconvenience the working person (appreciate there’s still traffic blocking going on). More power to them ✊🏻

GladiatorReady

VIP Member
I just saw this on twitter, 10mph could do lots of damage still. What pillocks.

National Highways should reduce motorway speed limits to as low as 10mph when Insulate Britain protests on a carriageway, a member of the campaign group told the High Court.
She's an interesting woman

Yel

Chatty Member
Anyone else think they're going on about shutting down Heathrow tomorrow as a decoy, and they'll turn up set up camp at on Gatwick's runway

Ceelea

Chatty Member
Every time I see an interview with one of them, when asked, the spokesperson is never vegan. Latching on to veganism when you can bet most are “flexitari-ahhhn” at best. It really pisses me off to see any food wasted, I deplore the dairy industry but it feels like a double whammy to waste the milk. Same with eggs on mischief night, all that suffering for what. These ‘protests’ are never what meets the eye.
It's the " New World Order " agenda they've been pushing for from when their momma got knocked up in some festy hippy commune.