Climate Activists

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The planet will be fine regardless of what we do to it. It might not support human life eventually but it will still be the Earth, and will probably appreciate a break from the humans scurrying all over it.

Climate protestors are really worried about themselves, not the Earth. Just admit it!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The planet will be fine regardless of what we do to it. It might not support human life eventually but it will still be the Earth, and will probably appreciate a break from the humans scurrying all over it.

Climate protestors are really worried about themselves, not the Earth. Just admit it!
You do realise of course that It's not just humans that the planet supports. I have nothing but contempt for these climate activists but clearly they aren't the only selfish fuckers.

I agree the earth and its inhabitants are constantly evolving. When we are gone another life form will take our place. It would only take a few thousand years for all traces of mankind to be eradicated.

Of course I don't think we should be polluting the earth and we should be doing better with our waste. Its sad when any species of animal becomes extinct, however I don't understand the arrogance of people who believe that anything I do in my tiny insignificant life makes an iota of difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It's always put me in mind of these in some ways TBH. There's a very odd psychological feel to their fervour which is based in "magical thinking". Their behavious has an odd internal logic not based in rationality. They didn't go round spraying stuff though except in their own blood:-

As I said prior they are an end of the world cult which have been going on since ealry Christian times but they fail to see the inherent irony in this fact.

They have the funding so why not go and take action where it counts? India/China etc? (I mentioned one of their wealthy US backers a while back-he says he will fund indefinately,

It's because they lack the courage of their convictions. Greenpeace confronted trawlers at sea and put their bodies in the way (Maritime law is a bit scary) as did the tunneling Eco protestors of the 80's/00/s (swampy et al) That takes some real courage/commitment. I can respect that (Security back then were well up for a scrap and had batons) This Ersatz lot lack the minerals and that's partly why I struggle with them.

Maybe they need to do a hunger strike now? It's unlikely though I feel.
They'll just chuck some orange dye on a rare manuscript or something and have a bit of a cry.
That heroism will definately make us fossil fuel free by 2030!

Last edited:
It's always put me in mind of these in some ways TBH. There's a very odd psychological feel to their fervour which is based in "magical thinking". Their behavious has an odd internal logic not based in rationality. They didn't go round spraying stuff though except in their own blood:-

As I said prior they are an end of the world cult which have been going on since ealry Christian times but they fail to see the inherent irony in this fact.

They have the funding so why not go and take action where it counts? India/China etc? (I mentioned one of their wealthy US backers a while back-he says he will fund indefinately,

It's because they lack the courage of their convictions. Greenpeace confronted trawlers at sea and put their bodies in the way (Maritime law is a bit scary) as did the tunneling Eco protestors of the 80's/00/s (swampy et al) That takes some real courage/commitment. I can respect that (Security back then were well up for a scrap and had batons) This Ersatz lot lack the minerals and that's partly why I struggle with them.

Maybe they need to do a hunger strike now? It's unlikely though I feel.
They'll just chuck some orange dye on a rare manuscript or something and have a bit of a cry.
That heroism will definately make us fossil fuel free by 2030!
Yes they're like the people who used to wear hair shirts in the middle ages. Religious zealots have now been replaced with doomsday end of the world zealots.

Reactions: 4
Wonder how they got to Stonehenge?
Through an ecologically sound interdimensional portal of self righteousness probably.
I wouldn't fancy being the target of a Druidic curse from the Druid King though despite him looking like a Hawkwind roadie. I'd be a bit scared now if I were the sprayers.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
👏👏 in Germany

UK (n)(n)

• Angry
The Stonehenge attack has made me think very uncharacteristic violent thoughts towards these people. They don't care about the climate, they are just scumbags. They don't care about anything. This is all about their hatred for humanity and probably themselves.

I'd say lock them up but it won't happen so at this point I'd quite like to see them do a stunt when the "wrong person" is around who might not be afraid of the consequences of their actions.

And I am someone who very much believes that climate change is a real threat, that more should be happening to tackle it, that would support non thuggery protests with all my heart... but this is a whole weird thing all on its own and I even wonder if they've been infiltrated by Nazi types because how can they not see their actions are never going to work ever?

• Heart
I'm irritated that the Magna Carta two were supposed to be in Westminster Magistrate's Court the other day but there's absolutely no news about whether they were or not, or what stage their trial is at since. All news stories relate either to their arrest at the British Museum, or their numerous previous arrests and court appearances when they should have been locked up.

Reactions: 6
I'm irritated that the Magna Carta two were supposed to be in Westminster Magistrate's Court the other day but there's absolutely no news about whether they were or not, or what stage their trial is at since. All news stories relate either to their arrest at the British Museum, or their numerous previous arrests and court appearances when they should have been locked up.
This is at least the second or third attack on the Magna Carta in recent years.

Then there was that guy who threw himself at the Queen's coffin when her Majesty was lying in state. He got let off free too.

What the hell has happned to people? This sort of behaviour started before Covid so lockdown can't be blamed. It just feels like there has been a mass "nervous breakdown" of humans in the western world but at random???

Reactions: 8

Then there was that guy who threw himself at the Queen's coffin when her Majesty was lying in state. He got let off free too.

What the hell has happned to people? This sort of behaviour started before Covid so lockdown can't be blamed. It just feels like there has been a mass "nervous breakdown" of humans in the western world but at random???
I do wonder if there are similar groups\behaviours in non western cultures - does China have a problem with climate activists, or Russia or Nigeria etc

Reactions: 1
It's become a gap year activity for a small minority of the well heeled thats the truth of the matter.

RE the older protestors a chance to relive their youth and a guilt thing because they've done all their world travelling. That and the perennial "nice but dim" religious types which has always gone on.

I've said this before and it needs saying again-why not protest where it counts? Why the puerile hit and run stuff at sites policed by older folk who are volunteers or on minimum wage?

The funding is there but that would be a bit too dangerous/intense for them.

To effect meaningful change you have to get everyone on board including "white van man" but they are cowardy, cowardy custards lets be honest here.

The judiciary will do the bare minimum because they often come from a similar well to do background and the protesters remind them of their well to do grand kids and it gives them a chance to do a bit of virtue signalling themselves.

Protest better plz.

Reactions: 6

Something has gone wrong with society this century particularly in the last 10 years and the covid lockdown exacerbated it.
We have a very polarised society now and people seem to have no tolerance for the opinions of others. Very few are satisfied with their lot in life.

Apparently this is part of cyclical history:
From New Scientist
"It starts with a fairly equal society, then, as the population grows, the supply of labour begins to outstrip demand and so becomes cheap. Wealthy elites form, while the living standards of the workers fall. As the society becomes more unequal, the cycle enters a more destructive phase, in which the misery of the lowest strata and infighting between elites contribute to social turbulence and, eventually, collapse."

Our already extremely unequal society has billionaires travelling the world in private jets at one end while lecturing ordinary people to stop going on holiday and will impoverish them further by enforcing net zero. This is what I have a problem with.

I'm all for positive initiatives to clean up the plastic in the sea etc but the reason why ordinary people are not always on board with the activists is because the sacrifices to their lifestyle makes life even more difficult while not affecting the elites. There are pensioners and families in this country having to choose between eating and heating their homes in winter.

The elites need to start making sacrifices themselves instead of thinking that the poor people will be happy about being made even poorer.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
You do realise of course that It's not just humans that the planet supports. I have nothing but contempt for these climate activists but clearly they aren't the only selfish fuckers.
Doesn’t mean climate change will affect all life the same way. Likely to be bugs and rodents who survive. And Keith Richards.

• Haha