Climate Activists

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The whole theatre disruption thing is so dreadfully middle class.

I feared they didn't have the courage of their convictions in a prior post. Looks like I'm right.
The interviewed some (for want of a better word) youngsters about this on the news the other day, the thought it was cool 🙄 says it all

Reactions: 1
A woman who had taken her dying mother and as a treat took her and paid for a night in a posh hotel and spent a LOT of money on travel etc, all ruined.
No words.
These people are so pointless. Selfish self-entitled and gullible. Why do they think they are so relevant?

Reactions: 7
Just Stop Oil appear to have branched out into general protesting now? Here they are yesterday failing to stop a coach of migrants heading to the Bibby Stockholm

Reactions: 1
Just Stop Oil appear to have branched out into general protesting now? Here they are yesterday failing to stop a coach of migrants heading to the Bibby Stockholm

I don't understand why JSO are involved in this?
What has this got to do with oil?

Fair enough for people to protest if they don't agree with the barge, but as someone who works for a local authority I wonder if they realise that accommodation for asylum seekers and migrants is in extremely short supply. There simply isn't enough available housing stock to give everyone a flat or even a bed at a hostel. Local authorities can't magic up accommodation that doesn't exist.

Reactions: 4
They were getting quite petulant and foot stampy in a couple of interviews yesterday. Notably so above their norm.
They need a big brave gesture/someone with the courage of their convictions to step up now before it degenerates into pure unwitting comedy IMO.
I don't think covering a Dinosaur skeleton with paint etc is cutting it anymore or ever for that matter.

Reactions: 5
I don't think covering a Dinosaur skeleton with paint etc is cutting it anymore or ever for that matter.
You're right, it isn't! I wouldn't even have known they did that if you hadn't mentioned it, I don't think it made the TV news outside of local coverage.

That said, Just Stop Oil do seem to have diversified a bit, is it possible we assumed the wrong thing and this was actually a protest against dinosaurs?

Reactions: 2
Looks like a thug, commits criminal acts like a thug, called Lucinda and Tarquin, is a thug. Champagne quaffing, university indoctrinated thugs.

Looks like a thug, commits criminal acts like a thug, called Lucinda and Tarquin, is a thug. Champagne quaffing, university indoctrinated thugs.
I agree. I think the thugs should be locked up with Suella for a week's intensive Braverman Conversion Therapy.

They are still disrupting shows that people have paid hard earned money for. Twits.

Screenshot_20231205-131853~2.png

Screenshot_20231205-131752~2.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
It seems to be just as much about Free Palaestine but since it is also about climate... they are at it again. Targeted multipile Barclacy's banks across the country with their thuggery. If feel awful for the people who have to clean it up. This is not peaceful protest and I am sick of it. I don't think they even care about the causes they claim to, it is just a fun day out for anarchists. Lock them up for God's sake!!!

Reactions: 6
Heard a caller phone into the radio presenter on a discussion about the lack of prison cells in the UK.
She was typical of these activist thugs, posh, student age, living off the parents. Long story short when it came to the crunch and the presenter asked what could she have possibly have been jailed for as everything she had recounted about the protest she was involved in so far hadn't involved anything criminal. She then mentioned a police car on fire nearby to where she was standing and giggled 😞
But no! It really didn't have anything to do with her, officer!
She did a stretch for arson. I doubt she even cared if the car was occupied when she did it.
I doubt it would even affect her future career prospects as these people are seen as criminals with morals!! Figure that one out.

• Angry
Reactions: 5