Climate Activists

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No sign of Just Stop Oil in front of Joe Biden's 27 vehicle motorcade that took him to his Net Zero talks with King Charles today then? Not very committed, are they.

1689008308987.png

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Old but rules for thee not me:

"He spent some time enjoying the luxuries of the the 315ft, £110 million Vava II superyacht - which produces as much carbon from sailing seven miles as the average car produces in a year - during his latest jaunt abroad".
---

1689099531486.png

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Old but rules for thee not me:

"He spent some time enjoying the luxuries of the the 315ft, £110 million Vava II superyacht - which produces as much carbon from sailing seven miles as the average car produces in a year - during his latest jaunt abroad".
---

View attachment 2301315

Really disgraceful. What utterly repellent behaviour from that woman. Jesus, as an aside, the dye from the cra**py confetti could have stained the brides dress.:eek:

One of these days someone is going to sustain a serious or fatal injury. Nothing would surprise me with the beaviour of these freaks with their contentious stunts.:mad:

Reactions: 6
They're just going to end up bringing stronger protest laws for the rest of us, after the way this lot carry on.

Reactions: 8
"How dare you try to run me over when I chose to sit on a road?"

I'm pretty sure my mum taught me at a young age that I should never, never sit on the road, because - surprise! - nobody expect people sitting on the road and you might not even be noticed in time.

Dimwits.

I'm going to hell for laughing.

Do they not think how they're going to get unstuck?

---
1689494458223.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Maybe but I can see how you got there, I'm still at the WTF stage...

Why do they think the reaction to them will be anything other than 'FFS' and shovelling them out of the way?

I guess they hadn't thought that far ahead, quite the achievement for a group concerned for the future!
Though they got their wish, they were not simply removed with a few dabs of solvent...

And like any of these, no toilet breaks :eek:
Perhaps we have misunderstood and in fact that this is the true purpose of the protests, to highlight a problem that blights the entire western world, the shocking lack of proper public facilities? It's certainly a problem that would often be described as having a sense of severe immediacy.

Reactions: 3

---
View attachment 2311462
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes…
---
A lot of them are hypocrites… the George Osborne protester recently went on a long haul flight to Thailand, a trip many of us could never afford or contribute to that much fuel being used…

Reactions: 4
Obviously, I'm reading again about more protests stopping traffic. Is it not possible for everyone in the giant queue that they've caused to just rev the tit out of their engines until these people choke and duck off?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Laughed at anti JSO pranksters who wore similar tee shirts but with 'just stop pissing people off' then formed a ring round them, kettling them in!

• Haha
They seem quieter during the winter. Perhaps they hibernate? Sorry for stereotyping the following, but I would to see them protest at the next Millwall game, the next Slipknot concert and anywhere in China or India. I appreciate that walking to the latter two may take a while.

I would suggest the next Millwall v Leeds game if Dale Vince can get them tickets courtesy of his connection with Forest Green Rovers.

Maybe a slow walk to the Arctic?

Reactions: 2
They seem quieter during the winter. Perhaps they hibernate? Sorry for stereotyping the following, but I would to see them protest at the next Millwall game, the next Slipknot concert and anywhere in China or India. I appreciate that walking to the latter two may take a while.
Or protest the environmental impact military operations have or the arms industry.

UK oil is pretty much the least environmentally impactful in the world due to the regulations already in place. Cambo had one of the best environmental impact studies ever done.

Stopping oil in the UK would actually be an environmental disaster.

The protesters are fuckwits.

Why are so many people unaware of what will happen if 'just stop oil' and the net zero supporters get their way?

The world is still very reliant on fossil fuels for a huge number of things and to replace them we would have to build vast numbers of nuclear power stations, which doesn't appear to be happening.

Modern healthcare uses a lot of plastic for sterile equipment. What will this be replaced with? Do we want to go back to the days when people will die unnecessarily due to equipment not being sterile.

Modern agriculture uses synthetic fertilisers (made from petroleum) and without them half of the global population will not have enough food.

So if all these people get their way we'll be too poor to heat our homes, won't be able to travel very far, health care will be a lottery and there won't be enough food for everyone.

Net Zero will result in the population being greatly reduced. Maybe this is the true aim 🤔

Reactions: 7
What with Net Zero and AI I'm glad that I'm old and have nearly done my time...I wouldn't want to be around for what is to come. Horrible self-centred people no common sense or kindness and a computer-driven world. No thanks.