Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
When I was a child I remember news reports saying that oil and gas would run out early this century. Nobody was bothered about climate change then, just the fact that supplies would run out.

Being a naive child I thought that governments around the world would put money into developing a new fuel for the future. Its deeply disappointing that the only real alternative appears to be nuclear power which of course brings its own problems and could also badly damage the environment 😟

Reactions: 2

kev1974

VIP Member
Wonder if the nutjob shown in the video getting carried back into Harrods after he spraypainted their windows subsequently fell up a few concrete staircases or helped open the Harrods shoplifter detention cell doors with his face ;)

I'd imagine their patience has grown rather than with all the milk/meat wastage over the last couple of weeks as well.

• Haha
  • Angry

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Hope he stays there . My old friend was an eco nut and also a insulate britain protestor.. I bet he’s taken up this crusade too.

• Heart

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Well done to the drivers who tried to move the Insulate Britain idiots from the M25.

If the Police continue to be f***ing useless at dealing with these law breakers, then what do they expect? They really have no grounds for complaint when members of the public step in to do what they should be doing in the first place.

Moving them on ASAP.

In a statement, Insulate Britain said: ‘We demand credible action now.

‘Proper jobs for hundreds of thousands of people to start the first real step – to insulate all the homes of this country – which pound for pound gives us the biggest reduction in carbon emissions.

At least their not deleting the comments on their page.

Ffs emergency services need to get through.

"There has also been a serious road traffic collision on the anti-clockwise carriageway at Junction 9 involving 4 vehicles, which police, fire service and ambulances services attended."

Last edited:

neroli

VIP Member
Will it though? They will now want to be seen as "Martyrs"..sacrificing their freedom for the good of Mankind and the Planet.

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
What position would you be in if you were driving at 60/70mph and one of these idiots walked out in front of you, or didn't give you enough time to brake and you hit them?

Surely you wouldn't be liable if that was the case, as they were the ones at fault and took the risk being in a place they shouldn't have been.
To be honest I think If was still driving I too would stop like the other drivers all did. At 60/70mph I would be afraid of a counter law suit the most and of still being blamed. I can only imagine how traumatic hitting someone must be and all the PTSD it could cause.

neroli

VIP Member
I would suggest the next Millwall v Leeds game if Dale Vince can get them tickets courtesy of his connection with Forest Green Rovers.

Maybe a slow walk to the Arctic?

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Out of interest and not hating on either of you at all.
If you had been heading away with your family today and missed your flight because of this “peaceful protest” or you were mugged, and the scumbag got away because there was no police officer available in the area to assist you.
Would you be ok with that, saying both were for the greater good?
You’re the only two getting aggressive on this thread in replies.
I understand passionate but that’s very different to aggressive.
@I do not spark joy @NitrousOxide

Yel

Chatty Member
The spokespersons they have are just awful. And presumably they're the most articulate of them? The guy on nick Ferrari was rude and failed to get a single point across. And I'm someone who often supports more impactful protests.

I

I do not spark joy

I don't know much about it apart from the leaflet I had through my door about it last night but can't take any organisation or whatever they are seriously when they are leafletting about climate change
It's easy to criticize others out there trying to make a change while you're sat on your backside bitching and moaning about them on a website. Clearly not able to see the bigger picture and realise it's about doing what's necessary in the moment. It's estimated we have 12 years left. https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.theguardian.com/environment/2018/oct/08/global-warming-must-not-exceed-15c-warns-landmark-un-report?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE=#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/oct/08/global-warming-must-not-exceed-15c-warns-landmark-un-report
They will sort out all the single use plastic, it won't go to landfill.

The ignorance is shocking, if you want a planet for your child to grow up in you should be doing something about it to! We all should.

Sorry @Bubu this wasn't meant to quote you it was supposed to be Sherlock.

GladiatorReady

VIP Member
I do feel sorry for her son, 11 year olds are cruel at the best of times and now everyone at school will have seen the video.

IngressUK

VIP Member
Liam from Insulate Britain on GMB this morning.

The guy comes across as being as thick as pigshit.

Didn't like being asked why his own home wasn't insulated.

Flouncing off at the end, when the discussion wasn't going his way. What an utter muppet. 🤦‍♂️

To be honest I think If was still driving I too would stop like the other drivers all did. At 60/70mph I would be afraid of a counter law suit the most and of still being blamed. I can only imagine how traumatic hitting someone must be and all the PTSD it could cause.
What I was trying to say is what if you didn't have enough time and distance to stop and you hit one.

You surely wouldn't be at fault, or liable for any legal action.

Last edited:

neroli

VIP Member
Looks like a thug, commits criminal acts like a thug, called Lucinda and Tarquin, is a thug. Champagne quaffing, university indoctrinated thugs.
I agree. I think the thugs should be locked up with Suella for a week's intensive Braverman Conversion Therapy.

Cupoftae

One of the mens home address is being circulated on SM, this is so wrong
Just seen that, I don’t agree with that at all but I guess they are aware of these things when deciding to do an occupation, as they are aware the videos they are making to raise awareness will be seen by many- although actually looking someone up and then passing on their personal details is no way justified for that!