Climate Activists

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Today's adventure, protesting against garden exhibits which are of course totally evil and after the snooker incident I'm wondering if we have misunderstood their message? It seems to me their end goal is that anything green must be turned orange.

Top marks to the lady who started hosing them down :)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Today's adventure, protesting against garden exhibits which are of course totally evil and after the snooker incident I'm wondering if we have misunderstood their message? It seems to me their end goal is that anything green must be turned orange.

Top marks to the lady who started hosing them down :)
Pity the hose wasent more cannon like - woulda give them the first they have had in ages

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Why are they targeting a green garden? I though plants = good and oil = bad but now potentially they’ve ruined the garden. Not very eco friendly is it? 🧐

Funny how they don't protest at football matches, Glastonbury or the travellers fayre at Appleby.

Reactions: 5
Funny how they don't protest at football matches, Glastonbury or the travellers fayre at Appleby.
They wouldn't make it out alive with the football fans, compared to the mild pensioners who make a large proportion of that flower show.
---
It would have been better if they timed it with a Royal family visit. More security to kick them out quicker.

Reactions: 2
They wouldn't make it out alive with the football fans, compared to the mild pensioners who make a large proportion of that flower show.
---
It would have been better if they timed it with a Royal family visit. More security to kick them out quicker.
Don't underestimate the might of "mild" pensioners...A force to be reckoned with!

• Haha
Don't underestimate the might of "mild" pensioners...A force to be reckoned with!
A crouching tiger hidden dragon moment.

1685045547112.png

---
From the designer:

'The RHS is massively - probably more than any other organisation of their kind - moving heaven and earth to push for sustainability. It just won't accept your design if it is not sustainable.

'You have to meet rigorous requirements, showing that you are using sustainable products and UK-sourced plants and materials wherever possible.

'At the end of the day, we are planting trees and plants, most of which will get re-homed at the end of the show. There is no petrol allowed on site.

'If they were doing this protest outside an oil refinery or a company that was using oil or polluting the atmosphere, or pouring oil into rivers, I am not saying I would understand it but I would have a little bit of sympathy.

He said: 'It is an act of vandalism and absolutely shameful what they have done. The paving is supposed to be going to a charity after the show.

'They poured that dye all over the plants. How are we now going to re-use those?'

The landscaper said that it is already 'extremely hard' for designers to attract sponsors like wealth management firm Brewin Dolphin prepared to fork out hundreds of thousands of pounds.

He said: 'Brewin Dolphin have poured a fortune into this garden, which cost around £300,000. We are all pulling together - sponsor, designer, landscaper - because they want sustainability as well.

'These sponsors need to be looked after to promote their companies and charities. They put a lot of faith in us and these morons are affecting what we are trying to do.'

"The youngest of the three arrested, Rosa Hicks works as a disability support worker.

She recently left the University of Manchester with a degree in psychology - after taking a year out to fly to Australia to study abroad.

She describes herself as passionate about social justice and was previously an activist for Extinction Rebellion.

"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
So what exactly did they achieve by this "essential" act of rebellion?

A hairwash?

• Haha
"Passionate about social justice" equals someone searching for a "cause" to bang on about. Endlessly. To fill the hours which would otherwise be empty.

"Passionate about social justice" equals someone searching for a "cause" to bang on about. Endlessly. To fill the hours which would otherwise be empty.
It's because British people have been made to feel ashamed of their own culture and the values of previous generations, so young people attach themselves to 'causes' to make them feel more worthy.

These are not true environmentalist. They're causing damage, and the only thing they're achieving is making eco-campaigners look terrible, spoiled, over-privileged hypocrites.

On a now deleted site, there was information that these "activists" are actually receiving a wage, which makes me think that big companies are paying them to destroy the reputations of actual environmentalists.

I've been waiting for this announcement. Good news. Hopefully other events will start to follow suit.

Screenshot_20230528_130959_Facebook.jpg

These are not true environmentalist. They're causing damage, and the only thing they're achieving is making eco-campaigners look terrible, spoiled, over-privileged hypocrites.

On a now deleted site, there was information that these "activists" are actually receiving a wage, which makes me think that big companies are paying them to destroy the reputations of actual environmentalists.

I read that the "German branch" of one of those activists sends out questionnaires when you join. They ask whether you're willing to go to jail for your "activism", and for how long, they've got what comes down to bail bonds and they pay some members a wage. That's not activism to me, that's a full-fledged industry of tit-stirring.

Don't get me wrong. I very much believe in climate change. I believe in needing to stop certain activities that further fuel climate changes and destroy our environment. But I do not believe in the way these people go about it. They're not only destroying things as part of their misguided activism, they are just annoying the broader population so much that they will stop caring. I bet you everyone would see much more actual innovation in this regard if companies were allowed to innovate on solutions instead of just being policed into things and these people declaring everything ni the world as bad. I bet we're not allowed to breathe soon. Did you know that it emits carbondioxide? Please stop breathing, activists.

Reactions: 2
I read that the "German branch" of one of those activists sends out questionnaires when you join. They ask whether you're willing to go to jail for your "activism", and for how long, they've got what comes down to bail bonds and they pay some members a wage. That's not activism to me, that's a full-fledged industry of tit-stirring.

Don't get me wrong. I very much believe in climate change. I believe in needing to stop certain activities that further fuel climate changes and destroy our environment. But I do not believe in the way these people go about it. They're not only destroying things as part of their misguided activism, they are just annoying the broader population so much that they will stop caring. I bet you everyone would see much more actual innovation in this regard if companies were allowed to innovate on solutions instead of just being policed into things and these people declaring everything ni the world as bad. I bet we're not allowed to breathe soon. Did you know that it emits carbondioxide? Please stop breathing, activists.
It seems like the majority of "activism" (not just for climate, for all kinds of things) these days is aggressive people screaming "THIS IS BAD" and "YOU'RE EVIL!!!!" on social media, and feeling self-righteous by turning up to "protests" but not actually doing anything helpful to create change. Because that would require hard work and intelligence, and you wouldn't get the virtue signalling points on social media for doing vital background work, nor the thrill of causing trouble.

Reactions: 6
It seems like the majority of "activism" (not just for climate, for all kinds of things) these days is aggressive people screaming "THIS IS BAD" and "YOU'RE EVIL!!!!" on social media, and feeling self-righteous by turning up to "protests" but not actually doing anything helpful to create change. Because that would require hard work and intelligence, and you wouldn't get the virtue signalling points on social media for doing vital background work, nor the thrill of causing trouble.
Well said. The desire to create anger appears to be the driving force with these career activists. Rather than give them attention maybe their actions should be played down, treated as predictable and not commented on any further? They are not helping their cause at all.All rather pathetic rather than "revolutionary". Instilling fear into vulnerable young people and revving up the climate anxiety "therapists/psychologists" who want to seize the moment and make big bucks.

Reactions: 1

Could you direct me to that German branch/webpage please. Thanks.