Clemmie Telford

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel awful for her. We all make mistakes and she’ll really be beating herself up about this. Genuinely feel for her over this.

Reactions: 3
There's no way I would admit to leaving the car unlocked until I had checked my insurance documents - it could invalidate the insurance.

That engagement ring must worth north of 5k - the stones are at least 1.5 carats.

Ben's family must be enraged with her - imagine if someone lost your family heirloom through leaving it in an unlocked car. I've done daft things, but bloody hell that's beyond. In Peckham ffs.

Reactions: 8
Wow. I’m genuinely flabbergasted by the stupidity on this one. Yes she’ll be kicking herself and I do feel for her but leaving an expensive pram in an unlocked car in London, you’re asking for it to be nicked! Then leaving your wallet in the pram as well FFS. The seem like the most unorganised pair ever.

Reactions: 1
It’s horrible but incredibly stupid.

She will be waiting for some gifted rings now to replace them. Maybe MOD could come up with a design?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Horrible thing to happen but I imagine she won’t get anything back on insurance. They’re so strict about how you have to keep valuables safe. If it’s not on you it has to be in a locked safe.

How angry would you be if you were in bens family?

I can’t even mention the dirty work underwear. Gross. No wonder she doesn’t get anyone decent who wants to work with her.

Reactions: 1
I imagine the desire to move out of London has ramped up a few notches.
Well if they're following MOD to Thanet, their valuables won't be any safer, it's a very deprived area financially & socially which is why the likes of MOD can buy and refurbish entire doctor's surgeries!

She's edited the post now to remove reference to the car having been unlocked... I presume she wasn't enjoying some of the comments on her post and would just prefer some sympathy! To be fair, I would never forgive myself for leaving that ring in an unlocked car, either.

She’s so sloppy. Why would you leave your expensive, family heirloom rings in your purse? And then put it inside an expensive buggy and leave it in the boot of your unlocked car in Peckham!?!?

I think it’s safe to say that Vauxhall won’t be loaning her any more cars any time soon

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I’m sure she means valuable rings and not value rings, wish she would just proof read before posting!!

• Haha
I have never in my life left my car unlocked. And I also have never left anything of value in my LOCKED car. Because people break in, even for the cheapest pair of sunglasses left carelessly behind on a seat (in fact, we were taught to always leave the glove compartment open so would be car burglars can see for themselves it is empty). So this is just careless times 1000. And yes, we have children as well and lots on our minds. But safety and protection always come first.

That said: I can imagine the devastation.

Reactions: 2
I don’t like to kick her when she’s down but I cannot fathom why you’d leave extremely expensive rings in your purse anyway and forget they aren’t on your fingers , assuming she wears them constantly , our hands are always in our faces.

Secondly , isn’t it habit to lock the car and listen for the alarm?

I cannot get over her stupidity and I agree that Ben’s relatives must be furious.

Reactions: 5
She's edited the post now to remove reference to the car having been unlocked... I presume she wasn't enjoying some of the comments on her post and would just prefer some sympathy! To be fair, I would never forgive myself for leaving that ring in an unlocked car, either.
I was just going to ask how everyone knew the car was unlocked because couldn’t see it in her post! How very irresponsible. ‘Testament to how chaotic our life is at the moment’ - who’s life isn’t chaotic?! Still wouldn’t be leaving my priceless family heirlooms in my unlocked car for a sleepover!!

Reactions: 7
Clemmie Telford #2: Crusty knickers and naked fingers

The rings she lost were beautiful. To have those stolen will hurt for a long time. Although I wouldn't bet against them being pawned locally and found. When I was mugged in London, the thief went to the local cash converters with my stuff and gave his real name.

I know my ring is only insured when it's on me or in a safe. My ring is worth a fortune, would NEVER EVER put it in a purse. i wear it when exercising as safer than leaving it in a purse in a gym locker, let alone a parked car. What an absolute twit.

How very stupid is she?! You flaunt your life on Instagram and you don’t know who is watching, especially as they have their house on the market, so you never know people might just be trying there luck. I always always double check I’ve locked the car, it’s just something I do religiously without thinking. To admit you didn’t lock the car of social media is so silly. I doubt the insurance will pay out as not ok her persons and you kind of invite thieves to steal your stuff if you are mad enough to leave your car unlocked, especially in London! No doubt she’ll get gifted replacement rings!

Reactions: 3
I didn’t know that huge rock was an heirloom from her husband’s family 😳 I would never forgive myself for being so stupid, honestly. She must feel sick as a dog. I don’t wear my rings every day, but when I’m not wearing them, they’re kept in a safe place. No way would I leave them in a car, locked or otherwise.

Gotta be some kinda stoopid to a) leave your rings in your boot, b) leave your boot unlocked c) broadcast to the world via social media you left your rings in the boot of an unlocked car 🙄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.