Clemmie Telford #4 But why Clemmie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I work in the industry and can report that Clemmie has sold 97 copies in two weeks!
Ouch. Mother Pukka sold just under 2k and is in the bestseller list.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I work in the industry and can report that Clemmie has sold 97 copies in two weeks!
97 copies, no wonder she on the beg for everything for her new bedroom in the ‘Reno’. Is Stephen King on the bestsellers list, MP said he was trying to keep her off it

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh Clemson, T.

Ninety seven, pink But Whys
floating in the remainder pile
Set them free, pulp them to jelly
while one by one, mums buy Underbelly

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh my, that’s terrible isn’t it? Can you give us your insight on why it’s done so badly from an industry perspective? To me it’s seems that the book didn’t really have a clear identity, “but why would you want to buy it”?! In parallel Helen Thorn and MPs books are very clearly themed and with a defined audience in mind. How much do you think she’ll have been paid for the book? Is the fee linked to sales?

Reactions: 1
97 copies, no wonder she on the beg for everything for her new bedroom in the ‘Reno’. Is Stephen King on the bestsellers list, MP said he was trying to keep her off it
er yes he sold over 13k, I don't think Mother Pukka will be worrying him:LOL:

Oh my, that’s terrible isn’t it? Can you give us your insight on why it’s done so badly from an industry perspective? To me it’s seems that the book didn’t really have a clear identity, “but why would you want to buy it”?! In parallel Helen Thorn and MPs books are very clearly themed and with a defined audience in mind. How much do you think she’ll have been paid for the book? Is the fee linked to sales?
Influencer books don't = sales but lots of people in publishing think that because someone has this huge following on insta ect they will. And it HAS to have a good selling point which But Why def doesn't! Even Father of Daughters (shudder) didnt sell that many and his book was in the FOD and MOD heydey

And I think she would have a hefty advance - prob around 20k but she will never earn out which means tha'ts all she will ever get!
I don't work for her publisher btw (Don't get me sacked Clem!) but we have access to Nielson which you can look up sales on.

Why am I not surprised!! How many did MOD/FOD sell in the end then?

97 copies… and 2 of those were to her mum & husband “verified buyers” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I looked at the reviews for MOD’s book yesterday and there were some extremely critical ones.

Reactions: 4
The problem is that the mummy influencers I think have her their heyday- I also think quite a few of the followers they have are hate follows or people that forgot they were even following? I feel like mummy insta books are a bit like the reality star fitness dvds- straight to bargain bin!

Reactions: 13
Omg, I almost feel bad for her. Imagine writing a book and putting quite a lot of work in it and then only selling 97? Does she get paid per sold copy? Don't know how much you get per book but wow...

Reactions: 3
Won't she have got an advance to write itand not get any royalties per book sale until it has sold enough copies to cover the advance?

Reactions: 3
This is fascinating. I wonder if you could tell us how many sales FOD, MOD, Candice Brathwaite and Ellie Taylor had? Pretty please!

97! But how frustrating that she still get a £20k advance (as mentioned earlier). Roughly £200 a sale! When will these publishers take note? They must be out of pocket over this.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.