Clemmie Telford #4 But why Clemmie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did she even have a book launch?

maybe the publisher realised it was a load of crap and just let it fly under the radar 😂

Reactions: 2
Riveting biscuit content…. Scraping the bottom of the (biscuit) barrel there.

Reactions: 4
er yes he sold over 13k, I don't think Mother Pukka will be worrying him:LOL:

Influencer books don't = sales but lots of people in publishing think that because someone has this huge following on insta ect they will. And it HAS to have a good selling point which But Why def doesn't! Even Father of Daughters (shudder) didnt sell that many and his book was in the FOD and MOD heydey

And I think she would have a hefty advance - prob around 20k but she will never earn out which means tha'ts all she will ever get!
I don't work for her publisher btw (Don't get me sacked Clem!) but we have access to Nielson which you can look up sales on.
Ohhh I would love to find out how well toby&roos book has done

Reactions: 4
Please @Bob I see you’re on the FOD thread, share this pic over there it’s gonna be a hit 😂
Talking of Fod, and his camping shenanigans, does anyone remember Clemmie Telford’s whole camping storage unit? She had so much camping gear it didn’t all fit in her £900,000 house so they had to pay for it to live elsewhere?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Clemmie seems overwhelmed with the house Reno - and looks like they are only have just gotten started. See FoD has offered the details of local plasterers 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Renovation nightmare! Have they relocated yet? New school year incoming....

Reactions: 3
The new house looks really weird. Like it has a spooky/unpleasant atmosphere, do you know what I mean? The opposite of homely and welcoming. Hopefully (lol) they can make it look good but seems almost menacing.

Reactions: 7
The new house looks really weird. Like it has a spooky/unpleasant atmosphere, do you know what I mean? The opposite of homely and welcoming. Hopefully (lol) they can make it look good but seems almost menacing.
I agree!

You’ve articulated something that was niggling at me. Clemmie has taken the curtains down but it looks absolutely no better or more inviting.

It doesn’t feel like a loved property. It has all the energy of past Bed and Breakfast guests, maybe even boarding house residents, and I bet a lot of them were miserable. I suspect it took a long time to sell too, so the previous owners were fed up.

This renovation is going to take much more than fresh paint and polished floorboards to rid it of The Shining vibes! 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She’s so bleeping dense. Who told her or why did she think that the stuff that would need doing was ‘mainly cosmetic’? It’s always a risk and almost guaranteed in an old house that once you start stripping old wallpaper, 90% of the wall is going to come with it (it’s why I’ve put up with woodchip wallpaper in my bedroom for the last ten years because I cba with all the faff of sorting it out). It’s going to cost an absolute fortune to get that house to the standard she’s accustomed to. Surely she didn’t view it and think ‘yeah, all this needs is a coat of paint’ 🙄 I think she’s bitten off more than she can chew.

Reactions: 8
Absolutely and it’s just sat for months whilst she’s swanned off camping etc and stayed in their current house, they could have done as much as possible before they get planning permission and the builders move in.

Given it took over a year to but it I’m confused why she didn’t get listed building consent months ago tbh. Pretty dense to think that would happen over night and not get any advice

Reactions: 7
It looks like it needs a full rewire based on some of those stories - the wiring appears to be surface mounted? Surely they got a full survey?? I feel like she’s bought it because it’s big and cheap. There’s normally a reason for that.

Her mood boards that she’s shown seem…..aspirational. Good content though at least for a few years, or maybe decades 😆

Reactions: 5
Compare and contrast this with lovely Kelly from cult of youth’s Reno. duck all money but working so hard at sorting out that flat in between working and single mumming.

Reactions: 5
Anyone up for an interview with her? 😂
Lol. I was thinking about what I would say if I was interviewed. I think I’d have to start with: But Clemmie, why do you think it’s trolling if some people in a corner of the internet are having a conversation among themselves and you go looking for it? Also, why do you think the two options are that either everyone should like you or no one should say anything bad ever?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.