Clemmie Telford #4 But why Clemmie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Priviledge : failing over and over, going « bankrupt » but doing a £1Mil Reno project. Can I sign up too ? 😂
It’s a different world - very far from a lot of people’s reality, especially after this year.
I know lots of people who save for years to do a kitchen or bathroom or carpets. My daughter has a few school friends who are multiple children families living in 2 bedroom flats etc, or couples who both work and still can’t get on the property ladder.
It really is another world she is living in, especially as he isn’t working!

I agree that some of the smaller rooms will make amazing storage / wardrobe rooms or office. I can’t even imagine having such a big lounge / kitchen / pub 😂 to convert... it’s too big for me personally.

Reactions: 7
It’s another world to me her kitchen alone is bigger than the entire downstairs of my house!!

Reactions: 8
It’s another world to me her kitchen alone is bigger than the entire downstairs of my house!!
Same. I grew up in a terraced house and was so happy there. I’ve never got the obsession with huge, huge houses. I mean that scale huge (for three children). It’s a catering sized kitchen and a pub 🤯

Reactions: 4
Horses for courses but if I'd made that much money off a London house I'd be looking to go mortgage free somewhere so I could spend more time with kids whilst they were little. The costs (and stress) of a reno, heating, not to mention filling a house of that size with furniture and stuff... Ooof. Such a waste and personally find it really distasteful, a house of that size for a family of 5 (if it isn't going to be a business) is unnecessary. Such a status thing amongst their set, obviously. And on street parking, no thanks.
I think they struggled to sell their London house for 900k and had to reduce it?

Reactions: 21
Horses for courses but if I'd made that much money off a London house I'd be looking to go mortgage free somewhere so I could spend more time with kids whilst they were little. The costs (and stress) of a reno, heating, not to mention filling a house of that size with furniture and stuff... Ooof. Such a waste and personally find it really distasteful, a house of that size for a family of 5 (if it isn't going to be a business) is unnecessary. Such a status thing amongst their set, obviously. And on street parking, no thanks.
I think they struggled to sell their London house for 900k and had to reduce it?
All of this. I completely agree. Bigger doesn’t mean better... just more space to fill. Give me an easy life (mortgage free!) the dream.

Reactions: 12
Wouldn’t be that interesting for the ‘gram though would it?

Wonder if Ben is going to run a BnB as a side hustle

Reactions: 6

I mean, they could also possibly convert a flat to sell / rent. I know someone that did that, sold a one bed and it paid for all the renovations.

Reactions: 3
Good location for an Air B&B? Demand would be high during summer months. Maybe three en suite bedrooms could be used that way? I’ll console my bedroom envy with thoughts of them cleaning all of those rooms. 😄

Reactions: 5

Haha, true, sorry wasn't thinking! Of course the 'gram comes first. And of course they'll be able to kit it out with gifted tit. *As if* she's debating whether to share reno stuff or not.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Also, why is Bobby Burke commenting? 😂 I had no idea. Is he following her for home inspo? Can you imagine if queer eye came and helped!

Clemmie did comment about continuing the property’s ‘hospitality’, but I’m not sure whether that means running it as a guest house in the future or inviting all the London crowd to stay.

I don’t like the street level windows either, but lots of influencers seem to have them, including the Hoopers, The Frugality and even the lovely My Tiny Estate.

The guest house is so frumpy and dated in a Fawlty Towers sort way as someone else said - it’s making me snort to think of it compared to the very posh accommodation Clemmie prefers to stay in.

Mauritius, Cornwall, St Anton...

I love the style of house but it seems so big for their family.

Also, the thought of cleaning such a large house is enough to put me off!

Reactions: 1
Also find it hilarious that she’s all about « won’t say where it is because you could be able to find the address on google » when she was bragging about it last year and we all found it with a quick look online. The internet doesn’t forget! And Tattle doesn’t forget for sure 😂

Also find it hilarious that she’s all about « won’t say where it is because you could be able to find the address on google » when she was bragging about it last year and we all found it with a quick look online. The internet doesn’t forget! And Tattle doesn’t forget for sure 😂
Stop bragging, some of us haven’t been able to find it on RM! ☺

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don’t like the street level windows either, but lots of influencers seem to have them, including the Hoopers, The Frugality and even the lovely My Tiny Estate
the ODs have a tiny front yard around the house and steps up to the front door so at least won’t have people stood at their windows/walking past their door

I recall a uni friend who lived in a terraced opening directly onto the pavement and the amount of people who would bump into her door or randomly lean on her window sill chatting to friends was unbelievable. I would hate it.

I thought frugality has a front garden too - she doesn’t show much but I recall a photo of trenches dug in it when they were renovating a bathroom (or maybe ensuite)

I was shocked at the location of my tiny estate - literally opens onto the street.

Crikey, it’s impressive but they must be absolutely barmy moving to such a fixer upper with 3 young children. Firstly, how do they keep an eye on them when the house is THAT big 🤣 The thought fills me with dread and that place isn’t even one to get excited about, it doesn’t even look like you can really live in it as is (the kitchen for starters 🤢) and the fact it opens up onto quite a busy road? No thaaaaaanks. All for total show, I’d love to see how they afford to fix this one up when they had to be bailed out of bankruptcy a few years back.

Crikey, it’s impressive but they must be absolutely barmy moving to such a fixer upper with 3 young children. Firstly, how do they keep an eye on them when the house is THAT big 🤣 The thought fills me with dread and that place isn’t even one to get excited about, it doesn’t even look like you can really live in it as is (the kitchen for starters 🤢) and the fact it opens up onto quite a busy road? No thaaaaaanks. All for total show, I’d love to see how they afford to fix this one up when they had to be bailed out of bankruptcy a few years back.
Clemmie s family are well off and seem to bail her out of any financial crisis that she finds herself in, hence why she never learns!

There is no way they are affording all this on Clemmies wage alone, I think she’s likely had her inheritance early - my friend did the same but her husband managed to spunk it all up the wall with one terrible business idea after another.

I wonder
Crikey, it’s impressive but they must be absolutely barmy moving to such a fixer upper with 3 young children. Firstly, how do they keep an eye on them when the house is THAT big 🤣 The thought fills me with dread and that place isn’t even one to get excited about, it doesn’t even look like you can really live in it as is (the kitchen for starters 🤢) and the fact it opens up onto quite a busy road? No thaaaaaanks.
the supervision element is a genuine point - my house is large (not as big as clemmie‘a hotel though) and once my kids got to the stage of opening stair gates it’s a nightmare as they will dash off and could be anywhere. You follow them a few seconds later and it’s like an unwitting game of hide and seek. We don’t open onto the street but have installed extra door latches and put alarm sensors on the external doors as we wouldn’t hear them being opened from much of the house so the kids could in theory get out without us hearing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.