Clemmie Telford #4 But why Clemmie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What possessed her to have that pregnancy photo on the toilet?!

Did the photographer dislike her?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I nearly bought one at peak instaMum time too then I read the bag was made from some tit faux leather and for all that money I was shocked. Dodged a bullet
I am ashamed now to say I bought not one but two Selfish Mother "Mother" jumpers 🙈. In my defence its because Sarah Turner (the unmumsy mum) had one and I still think she's quite cool.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I miss the insane clemmie days! For the laughs obviously, not for their horrendous shilling and shady ways.

Budget clemmie was obsessed with MOD it’s really quite alarming how much she tried to be her. How sad at her big age.

I found them when I was pregnant and bought a Tiba and Marl bag and returned it when it arrived as I’d obviously come to my senses. I’m pretty savvy and sensible but it’s crazy how much influence they had over pregnant/post partum women.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Just watched a bit of the video. Can't believe the Clemmies were only mates for about 4 years! The went in like they were proper besties, but really only briefly in each other's Iives. As if Budget Clemmie had MOD an internet friend come for the birth.
But didn’t you see the bit where they just immediately bonded like besties forever due to the unique specialness of them both being called Clemmie, because what is the chance in a large group of over privileged, privately educated, middle class white women of TWO of them being called ‘Clemmie’? It’s literally a mind blowing coincidence. Also they both had a fringe! Ker-RAAAZY stuff!

I nearly bought one at peak instaMum time too then I read the bag was made from some tit faux leather and for all that money I was shocked. Dodged a bullet
Ahem. I think you’ll find that’s ‘vegan leather’ not ‘tit faux leather’ so the price is totally justified 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I have the bag 🙈 I still use it as my work rucksack. I was sucked in hook line and sinker to the instamums when I had my son 🥴

Reactions: 1
Sucked in too a few years ago, Mother sweater (I did get mine at JL in clearance) and one of those really expensive pregnancy pillows. The pillow was a good buy tbf but the bloody sweater…torn.

Reactions: 2
I too had a couple of Selfish Mother sweatshirts 🤦‍♀️ Sent to the charity shop because even wearing them around the house made me cringe!

It’s little wonder that business has been in dire straits for the last couple of years, it was SUCH an overpriced, Instagram-driven flash in the pan.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think this has been mentioned before,,possibly even by me, but anyone else remember Budget Clemmie’s finest hour, complaining that seeing a rough sleeper drinking cider in the park had ‘ruined her vibe’ on the school run? I mean, how do you even long board your arduous commute when your vibe has been brought down, man?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
It’s the gram photos with the smelly knickers on the floor for me 👌

you know she has a cleaner as well 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
I think this has been mentioned before,,possibly even by me, but anyone else remember Budget Clemmie’s finest hour, complaining that seeing a rough sleeper drinking cider in the park had ‘ruined her vibe’ on the school run? I mean, how do you even long board your arduous commute when your vibe has been brought down, man?
i think that was the equally vapid and idiotic ‘dress like a mum’ who said that.

i think that was the equally vapid and idiotic ‘dress like a mum’ who said that.
It was definitely Clemmie T. She even posted a video of the poor lady on the park. Nasty, thoughtless creature. She was quite rightly ripped a new one and had to apologise. Had to do save face - no doubt she still thought she had done nothing wrong by violating someone’s privacy like that.

I too had a couple of Selfish Mother sweatshirts 🤦‍♀️ Sent to the charity shop because even wearing them around the house made me cringe!

It’s little wonder that business has been in dire straits for the last couple of years, it was SUCH an overpriced, Instagram-driven flash in the pan.
I used to think of the Selfish Mother shop as the Church of the Instamum.

They would all descend on that little cotswold village from time to time, so sit in the oh-so-cool shop for events where they would talk about themselves, to themselves yet again while being gifted over priced pullovers and looking smug for photos. Worshiping themselves and how great they were.

No wonder that business wasn’t sustainable, the shop was probably deserted once they had all fucked off back to Peckaham.

Why don’t more people see though this complete bollocks?

Last edited:
  • Heart
I think Selfish Mother lost it when they stoped donating a percentage of every top to charity. That was their USP and they dropped it!

Reactions: 14
Why don’t more people see though this complete bollocks?
For me personally I had just had a baby I was sleep deprived, suffering PND & I was basically in awe of them!

I wanted the Tiba & Mark backpack & the Scamp & Dude Jumpers I didn’t go to any baby classes because I thought everyone would be like “them” and I wouldn’t fit in unless I was living that type of life.

Anyway i think what I’m trying to say is yes 5 years on I can now see it was all utter Shi!
But at the time I was I guess you can say a vulnerable new mom.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
I always find the 'mother' or 'mama' tops so funny. As if you can't tell from the gaggle of kids following me about screaming mummy at me every two seconds 😅🧐

• Haha
Bit like when she wimped out of doing that homeless charity sleep out - she’s just a pampered middle class princess

Reactions: 9
duck me, she lived in Peckham but still managed to remain in such a privileged little bubble, the worst thing she ever saw was a homeless alcoholic?

I know it’s gentrified these days, but wow.

I used to think of the Selfish Mother shop as the Church of the Instamum.

They would all descend on that little cotswold village from time to time, so sit in the oh-so-cool shop for events where they would talk about themselves, to themselves yet again while being gifted over priced pullovers and looking smug for photos. Worshiping themselves and how great they were.

No wonder that business wasn’t sustainable, the shop was probably deserted once they had all fucked off back to Peckaham.
Perfection 🤣 It was exactly that. I’ve said it before in the SM thread, but even I, someone with zero business acumen, could see it was a recipe for disaster/potential bankruptcy, to take an extremely successful online business and think you could translate that success into a physical shop.

It might have worked in Clapham, but in Bruton? She was nuts. She must really have thought that the Instamum gravy train was never going to end. That there was an endless appetite to buy tickets to watch Instamums talk about themselves and how wonderful they are. That people would make a pilgrimage to Somerset just to bask in the vibes and buy a MOTHER jumper that you could just as easily buy online.

I think the biggest act of hubris was commissioning a couple of artists to paint a huge mural for the shop. Must have cost an absolute fortune. It all went belly up not long afterwards.

Anyway, sorry for going off topic, but SM really is a modern parable for how an Instamum can get it so very wrong. Buying a hotel in a deprived seaside town and trying to renovate it without a tidal wave of freebies and PR discounts may come in a close second though 😬

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
“Buying a hotel in a deprived seaside town and trying to renovate it without a tidal wave of freebies and PR discounts…”

You forgot to add: “in the biggest cost of living crisis since the 1930s and on the brink of a recession.”
Relatable content! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
“Buying a hotel in a deprived seaside town and trying to renovate it without a tidal wave of freebies and PR discounts…”

You forgot to add: “in the biggest cost of living crisis since the 1930s and on the brink of a recession.”
Relatable content! :ROFLMAO:
It has car crash written all over it.

They must be bleeping insane, who in their right minds would take that on as a family home? From looking at the state of it, the survey must have read like a Stephen King novel, it would have had most people running for the hills.

The are either incredibly stupid or much wealthier than any of us think.

• Haha
Ah well. If it bankrupts them they can always ask their family to bail them out again and then I’m sure they’ll need a fortnight in Thailand to get over the stress.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.