Clemmie Telford #4 But why Clemmie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I for one am very much looking forward to further reno content like “there’s a lot of dust” or “wow should I just keep these granny curtains?”. Budget Clem really is dim.

Talking of selfish mother, have to admit I still have a soft spot for Molly herself. She never was a big one for the sponcon or love-ins, she has a brain and she actually can write. The tops were a great marketing idea at first but I think she got delusions of grandeur. Still seems to be living a fairly happy life and doesn’t seem fake. I think she is far more good than bad though obv very protected and privileged.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
🙋‍♀️ I also was loopy on birth hormones and bought a Tiba & Marl changing mat (couldn’t afford the bag) and a mother tshirt. AND I went to a Mothers Meeting- which was crap! All of which I now really cringe about.

But at the time I had no idea that they would have all got this stuff for free as the ads weren’t declared. You do lose your sense of identity for a while when you have a baby. This all very cleverly fed into that insecurity.
They appeared to be a ‘community’ 🤢 of friends who had it all.

Obviously it was a load of 💩
I feel so much better reading this 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 17
These posts are healing. I was a new mum peak “insta mummy”. Gosh it was so cringe in retrospect.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I feel very fortunate that my eldest kid is 11. Even my youngest was born before we hit peak Instamum (which I think of as 2017-18).

I almost feel like I missed out on following Ms Pukka and her ilk. The Mothers Meeting stuff is all pretty new to me!

Talking of selfish mother, have to admit I still have a soft spot for Molly herself. She never was a big one for the sponcon or love-ins, she has a brain and she actually can write. The tops were a great marketing idea at first but I think she got delusions of grandeur. Still seems to be living a fairly happy life and doesn’t seem fake. I think she is far more good than bad though obv very protected and privileged.
I dunno, they really hit the financial skids and had to sell the family home and move into the SM offices instead (don't ask me about the specifics because I don't understand how you can move a family into - what I thought was - office space) and her marriage has been on the rocks for ages. I don't say this gleefully, I genuinely find it sad. They made an absolute ton of terrible decisions based on Selfish Mother continuing to be a roaring success indefinitely. Her husband even quit his job to work for her.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I feel very fortunate that my eldest kid is 11. Even my youngest was born before we hit peak Instamum (which I think of as 2017-18).

I almost feel like I missed out on following Ms Pukka and her ilk. The Mothers Meeting stuff is all pretty new to me!

I dunno, they really hit the financial skids and had to sell the family home and move into the SM offices instead (don't ask me about the specifics because I don't understand how you can move a family into - what I thought was - office space) and her marriage has been on the rocks for ages. I don't say this gleefully, I genuinely find it sad. They made an absolute ton of terrible decisions based on Selfish Mother continuing to be a roaring success indefinitely. Her husband even quit his job to work for her.
Yeah, I don’t envy her one bit. It all turned to tit.

Reactions: 1
There’s a thread on selfish mother on here - I find her incredibly privileged and tone dead, like when Russia invited Ukraine and she used that to flog some peace related SM jumpers. She did really well with her business initially but again it was all for privileged middle class folks and as soon as the new fad died, so did her business. Stopping donating to charity was a big mistake, it was her USP.

The other Instanum “trend” I noticed at the time was having the third child - I bet some of them did think about remaining relevant as the eldest were growing. I don’t think it’s total coincidence that DLAM, SM, Budget Clemmie, Steph Dont Buy Her Flowers had a third baby at the height of their IG success. It certainly helped with the brand.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Yes! It did seem like they all had third babies to keep themselves in the pregnancy and baby world for longer. Unmumsy did it too.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
They all had third babies and then created endless
content of them feeling ‘the overwhelm’ like a third child had just happened to them rather than something they made happen.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yes totally agree about the third baby syndrome. It didn’t stop them becoming largely irrelevant though. The don’t buy her flowers boxes were wildly overpriced for what was in them. Are they still going? She (Steph) used to love having a cry on camera.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Maybe they all saw the success of the MOD and FOD empire thanks to them exploiting their twins, and wanted a piece of the pie…

Which in Budget Clemmie’s world came in the form of her posting a photo sitting naked and pregnant on the toilet haha

• Haha
Reactions: 10
That pregnant on the toilet photo is so, so awful. Why would she want that taken in the first place, let alone share it on the gram?

• Haha
That pregnant on the toilet photo is so, so awful. Why would she want that taken in the first place, let alone share it on the gram?
I think the worst part is not that she had a photo taken on the bog while naked and heavily pregnant, but that she looks so grubby in it. Though she always looks grubby, she never really looks clean.

I think the worst part is not that she had a photo taken on the bog while naked and heavily pregnant, but that she looks so grubby in it. Though she always looks grubby, she never really looks clean.
She’s one of those people who always looks like she needs a good scrub. I always have the urge to stick her under a hot shower with some dettol.
Yes totally agree about the third baby syndrome. It didn’t stop them becoming largely irrelevant though. The don’t buy her flowers boxes were wildly overpriced for what was in them. Are they still going? She (Steph) used to love having a cry on camera.
She has a thread on here but it’s tumbleweed. I don’t know who can afford those boxes she sells. I priced one up for a laugh once and I only got to 4 items and it was about £35 for a few bits that would have cost less than half of that to buy in tesco. She’s always very pleased with herself and her pod casts where she interviews her mates as well.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What happened to Mother Pukka? Apart from MOD, she was the most irritating of the lot I thought, with as someone said upthread, her 'serious journalist' glasses and righteous air.

Is she still going?

Loved this trip down memory lane. It was MOD's grifting that led me here, so I am forever grateful to her.

• Haha
What happened to Mother Pukka? Apart from MOD, she was the most irritating of the lot I thought, with as someone said upthread, her 'serious journalist' glasses and righteous air.

Is she still going?

Loved this trip down memory lane. It was MOD's grifting that led me here, so I am forever grateful to her.
Same! All the mod tit kicked off about 1 week into my maternity leave and I spent many happy hours with a newborn on the sofa endlessly scrolling 😅 memories

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Is she still going?

MP is on the radio and telly now.

I caught her on the radio accidentally once, she does that irritating thing with her voice that Amanda Holden does on the radio, talking like you are about to burst out laughing.

I’ve always found MP really smug and irritating. She always came across as so superior.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Mother Pukka has a thread here! I just incredulously posted on that she has an ad going in her stories for THE ARMY. As in the army with guns and tanks and tit. She’s suggesting mums join the army (because they are paying her to).

• Haha
  • Wow
Mother Pukka has a thread here! I just incredulously posted on that she has an ad going in her stories for THE ARMY. As in the army with guns and tanks and tit. She’s suggesting mums join the army (because they are paying her to).
Oh, bleeping hell.

As someone with close family members in the Military, she has no idea what she’s talking about. Yet again. It’s very difficult (in some areas and jobs) for mothers especially.

I might have to go and have a look. As if my work hasn't suffered enough this week with all the time I've spent (NB not wasted) on here, mainly on Jack Monroe

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.