Clemmie Telford #4 But why Clemmie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I found once I had my 3 kids you might not drink as much or be able to go to the after work drinks. Or decide yay or nay for Xmas party if you have stuff to get on with on the weekend.
Or hangovers are just not worth it.

Reactions: 5
If alcohol affected me/my life/my relationships. I would not want my young children to be aware of it. They have no need to be exposed to her problems.

Reactions: 10
These influencers love to co-opt misery if it will help them sell themselves.

Like when Mother Pukka pretended she had post-partum psychosis and took a month off.

Reactions: 13
I think I’ve mentioned before on these threads, that I have a difficult relationship with alcohol. I find her “soberness” triggering and quite frankly, patronising.
This is exactly how I feel.

I’ve been thinking about it a lot over the last couple of days as to what it is about Clemmie’s story that doesn’t help me. I think it’s because she says she didn’t drink much in the years preceding her ‘soberness’ due to having young kids. Makes me feel rubbish because I have a complicated relationship with alcohol AND I have young kids, I drink more since becoming a mother if anything!

So I feel rubbish about that and also I feel well if you didn’t drink much then it can’t have been hard to give up. Try being a regular heavy drinker and trying to give that up, makes me feel like it will never be possible for me to cut down or quit because I’m ‘too far gone’...it feels too hard.

I know I shouldn’t lay my issues at Clemmies door and I don’t really but it does just make me feel rubbish.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
This is exactly how I feel.

I’ve been thinking about it a lot over the last couple of days as to what it is about Clemmie’s story that doesn’t help me. I think it’s because she says she didn’t drink much in the years preceding her ‘soberness’ due to having young kids. Makes me feel rubbish because I have a complicated relationship with alcohol AND I have young kids, I drink more since becoming a mother if anything!

So I feel rubbish about that and also I feel well if you didn’t drink much then it can’t have been hard to give up. Try being a regular heavy drinker and trying to give that up, makes me feel like it will never be possible for me to cut down or quit because I’m ‘too far gone’...it feels too hard.

I know I shouldn’t lay my issues at Clemmies door and I don’t really but it does just make me feel rubbish.
I don’t think you’re he only one. It’s the preachy virtue signalling approach to it all. When in reality, she’s a bloody mess and shouldn’t be advising anyone on anything!
(Possibly a bit harsh but I’m pissed off with these bandwagon jumping insta wannabes!).

Reactions: 6
Okay, but do we think she actually did have a drinking problem and that’s why she gave up drinking? I absolutely can’t see why her kids would give her cards for giving up drinking otherwise. I don’t drink. At all. It made me anxious and I didn’t like who I was. So I stopped. I don’t have an app, or a countdown or several blogs and/or a podcast I just got on with it. Quietly. (I see the irony here!) I also would never call myself sober.
Me too. I stopped drinking 4 years ago because it made me feel like tit, even a couple of glasses of wine made me feel gross. I don't tell people I'm sober and my family don't give me cards. I'm just a person who doesn't like drinking alcohol.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She’s looking for a unique selling point because, let’s be honest, being a white, middle class, mother of three, from London, raised in privilege, isn’t really distinct in anyway.

Reactions: 14
I think my situation with alcohol is pretty similar with Clemmie (comparison end there).
I used to be a big party girl, going for a few drinks never happened, it was go big or go home. I was already questioning if I had a problem before having kids and would get anxiety with the issue. Once I had kids the hungovers became impossible to cope with so I decided to be a teetotal for the foreseeable future. No big marching bands congratulating me, no cards and certainly not calling myself sober as I know what it takes to quit when you’re an alcoholic.

Reactions: 12
I find it really irritating when they say “competition for no reason”. Well you got paid to post about the competition so that’s the reason. And since you have no USP and you accept any partnership that comes your way it looks very random but the reason is money, please don’t pretend otherwise it’s insulting.

Attachments

Reactions: 10
I find it really irritating when they say “competition for no reason”. Well you got paid to post about the competition so that’s the reason. And since you have no USP and you accept any partnership that comes your way it looks very random but the reason is money, please don’t pretend otherwise it’s insulting.
To be fair she might not be paid to post the competition! If she was she’d have to declare it as an AD or a paid partnership.

It’s labeled as an ad ! So for no other reason then she got paid for this.

God I really dislike her bathroom. It looks like a grotty public loo from the 90s. I have nightmares about having to go to the toilet in places like that 😫

I don’t know. Perhaps I’m being slow on the uptake but I’m reading it as she shared a story of some scammer message, but one of her followers thought it was real and DM’d her and now she’s laughing at them for thinking it was real?

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I don’t know. Perhaps I’m being slow on the uptake but I’m reading it as she shared a story of some scammer message, but one of her followers thought it was real and DM’d her and now she’s laughing at them for thinking it was real?
Oh that’s really sad if it the case

Reactions: 2
That’s utterly horrible. The poor woman who messaged her is obviously struggling, how is she going to feel seeing that? She’s so thoughtless and unkind- this is as bad as the time she complained seeing a homeless person on the walk to school had killed her vibe, or something!

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.