Clemmie Telford #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As far as I’m aware, this mother of 3, who’s been pregnant and breastfeeding for at least 4 of the last 6 years, cannot possibly have been a raging alcoholic. If she was she would not have been safe breastfeeding and health professionals would have picked up in it.
She’s simply stopped drinking alcohol. No biggy.

SHE IS NOT bleeping SOBER.

SHE IS A COMPLETE EMBARRASSMENT.

She did not have an addiction, she simply was a wine o clock twit. All she’s doing is parenting like most of us.
View attachment 44524
Posts like this just make me dislike her. I know actual alcoholics and she’s using terminology that is wrong.
She's given up her occasional social drinking/evening tipple. So have I, but I just say "I dont drink". "Sober" really suggests she had more of an issue.

Reactions: 8
She's given up her occasional social drinking/evening tipple. So have I, but I just say "I dont drink". "Sober" really suggests she had more of an issue.
This is the thing. I don’t drink. I just can’t mix it with parenting, that’s me. This whole ‘sober’ thing implies she had dependency, but that doesn’t tally with the recent pregnancies and breastfeeding for 12 months ish. As surely she gave up and was sober for these times? She never raved about it then.
She stated she breastfed for 33 months, so plus 30 months of pregnancy that’s 63 months. Which is 5 years and 2 months 😂
Greta was 1 in February and breastfed till the end of Feb. She’s been ‘sober’ 4.5 months. This means she gave up her addiction in early May 2019.
So she had a serious drink problem for a maximum of 2.5 months. duck me. How is she managing to not drink? She is inspirational.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
This is the thing. I don’t drink. I just can’t mix it with parenting, that’s me. This whole ‘sober’ thing implies she had dependency, but that doesn’t tally with the recent pregnancies and breastfeeding for 12 months ish. As surely she gave up and was sober for these times? She never raved about it then.
She stated she breastfed for 33 months, so plus 30 months of pregnancy that’s 63 months. Which is 5 years and 2 months 😂
Greta was 1 in February and breastfed till the end of Feb. She’s been ‘sober’ 4.5 months. This means she gave up her addiction in early May 2019.
So she had a serious drink problem for a maximum of 2.5 months. duck me. How is she managing to not drink? She is inspirational.
I have just really lost tolerance for it, so I stopped. What were her reasons for giving it up in the first place? I suspect that having not had a drink for the best part of 2 year with Greta pregnancy and subsequent breast feeding, plus not being 20something anymore, she suddenly found that more than the odd glass got her drunk and probably hungover far quicker than it used to

Reactions: 3
I have just really lost tolerance for it, so I stopped. What were her reasons for giving it up in the first place? I suspect that having not had a drink for the best part of 2 year with Greta pregnancy and subsequent breast feeding, plus not being 20something anymore, she suddenly found that more than the odd glass got her drunk and probably hungover far quicker than it used to
A really close friend of mine has really struggled with alcohol dependency and I have a massive issue with her jumping on the bandwagon and referring to it in this way. I think you are probably right and she tried to mix influencer events with parenthood and it just didn’t work. But that’s a world away from being actually alcohol dependant and celebrating being sober. She is basically trolling.

Reactions: 2
A really close friend of mine has really struggled with alcohol dependency and I have a massive issue with her jumping on the bandwagon and referring to it in this way. I think you are probably right and she tried to mix influencer events with parenthood and it just didn’t work. But that’s a world away from being actually alcohol dependant and celebrating being sober. She is basically trolling.
Yes, she's really acting like it's a struggle. She'd be better off just saying "I decided to give up booze, these are the benefits I'm seeing... and I'm really proud of myself for not caving at the first event I went to".

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yes, she's really acting like it's a struggle. She'd be better off just saying "I decided to give up booze, these are the benefits I'm seeing... and I'm really proud of myself for not having at the first event I went to".
I’d respect that.

Her choice of using the word sober is upsetting. I’ve seen people in my family struggling with sobriety and addiction and is nothing like her situation. I think it would probably be better is she said she was teetotal instead of sober.
Sober has connotations of addiction, teetotal is more of choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Perhaps she did have more of an issue and could elaborate :unsure: I doubt it, but it is the new "give up" like fat in 80's; carbs in the 90's; sugar in the 00's. Breathing will be next.

Reactions: 4
Her choice of using the word sober is upsetting. I’ve seen people in my family struggling with sobriety and addiction and is nothing like her situation. I think it would probably be better is she said she was teetotal instead of sober.
Sober has connotations of addiction, teetotal is more of choice.
I simply ‘don’t drink’.
I think I understand teetotal is used when people ‘cant’ drink. Her list (although it doesn’t need to be a list) is clear. She’s not an alcoholic, she disliked the way she drank. I was the same as a young adult, and choose to live life without alcohol as it doesn’t mix with parenting.
This whole sober thing is just weird. And all the countdown. Well done for changing something that made you feel unhappy but it’s making light of dependency and implying it’s an easy thing to do.

“Sober” is a very loaded term. It suggests nothing less than being in recovery from a serious and/or life threatening addiction. To give up booze because you felt your drinking habits were unhealthy is one thing, but to present yourself as a former addict, complete with app counting up your sobriety to the second is pretty nauseating. It just looks like attention seeking to me.

Alcoholism is no joke. I have a family member who’s been a functioning alcoholic for decades, and now their chickens are coming home to roost. Their health is massively declining but they can’t stop. Their (now adult) kids had tit childhoods. That’s the real face of alcohol addiction - not someone like Clemmie.

Reactions: 10
I’ve stopped drinking because it was sending my anxiety sky high. It was truly horrible but I would never class myself as sober because I haven’t had to fight the demons that come with alcoholism. I just stopped drinking pink gin on a Friday night and I tell people (when asked!) that I don’t drink, it hasn’t become my whole identity 🙄🙄

Reactions: 6
How I understand it, sober denotes that you are an alcoholic and that you abstain from alcohol for the medical reason of addiction. Teetotal is a a choice to not drink because you don’t like it it/it doesn’t agree with you/it’s having a negative impact on your mental heath etc.

Good on her for choosing to not drink. I’m in the same place of it ramping up my anxiety and have been exploring the idea of stopping altogether as I cut right back. But should I go down the no alcohol whatsoever route I won’t say that I’m ‘sober’ as I’m not an alcoholic.

I think that some people either don’t understand the difference between sobriety and teetotalism (did I just make that up? Is it even a word? 😆) or they use the term ‘sober’ incorrectly to generate a bit of drama.

So now Clemmie is talking all about Facebook - didn’t she work for them?

The fact that she never declares anything appropriately always makes me question her motives when sharing stuff. Not great for an influencer!

The thing is if this is her day job then she should just disclose that too.

Thoughts?

Reactions: 1
I’d respect that.
Exactly

“Sober” is a very loaded term. It suggests nothing less than being in recovery from a serious and/or life threatening addiction. To give up booze because you felt your drinking habits were unhealthy is one thing, but to present yourself as a former addict, complete with app counting up your sobriety to the second is pretty nauseating. It just looks like attention seeking to me.

Alcoholism is no joke. I have a family member who’s been a functioning alcoholic for decades, and now their chickens are coming home to roost. Their health is massively declining but they can’t stop. Their (now adult) kids had tit childhoods. That’s the real face of alcohol addiction - not someone like Clemmie.
It makes for bleeping uncomfortable reading to say the least. I'm surprised she's not been inundated with people saying exactly this

How I understand it, sober denotes that you are an alcoholic and that you abstain from alcohol for the medical reason of addiction. Teetotal is a a choice to not drink because you don’t like it it/it doesn’t agree with you/it’s having a negative impact on your mental heath etc.

Good on her for choosing to not drink. I’m in the same place of it ramping up my anxiety and have been exploring the idea of stopping altogether as I cut right back. But should I go down the no alcohol whatsoever route I won’t say that I’m ‘sober’ as I’m not an alcoholic.

I think that some people either don’t understand the difference between sobriety and teetotalism (did I just make that up? Is it even a word? 😆) or they use the term ‘sober’ incorrectly to generate a bit of drama.
As a chronic, accidental but self identifying millennial - I went to college & uni with swathes of people who were 'straight edge' & didn't (and still don't) drink as a lifestyle choice... I was teetotal for years just because I couldn't understand the allure & hated the idea of not being in control but then *shrugs* life 😂 and I cannot tell you how many times it was 'a thing'... Maybe twice in 8 years? It wasn't anyone's business but my own & I have enough other things about me to have not lead with that in any interaction... Her approach is very bizarre. She's got some serious issues (see: attention seeking) but... It ain't alcoholism.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I feel really sorry for Ben with their 9th anniversary wishes today. Hers is so passive aggressive yet his is so full of love.

I know she has previously said that he is punching above his weight (big headed much?) but I’ve always thought it’s the other way round.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I feel really sorry for Ben with their 9th anniversary wishes today. Hers is so passive aggressive yet his is so full of love.

I know she has previously said that he is punching above his weight (big headed much?) but I’ve always thought it’s the other way round.
Me too! I always thought he is fit why is he with someone like her who looks older and bit haggard.
Also her being “sober” is so wanky it’s pissing loads of people off. Saying she’s sober makes it sound more interesting, like she was an alcoholic but no she wasn’t she just had a few too many hangovers and hanxiety from those mums events. We all feel the worst hungovers now we’re older. She’s teetotal but that sounds a bit boring doesn’t it. Can’t really sell on that can she but being sober she can podcast about and sound cool

Me too! I always thought he is fit why is he with someone like her who looks older and bit haggard.
Also her being “sober” is so wanky it’s pissing loads of people off. Saying she’s sober makes it sound more interesting, like she was an alcoholic but no she wasn’t she just had a few too many hangovers and hanxiety from those mums events. We all feel the worst hungovers now we’re older. She’s teetotal but that sounds a bit boring doesn’t it. Can’t really sell on that can she but being sober she can podcast about and sound cool
The sober thing does my head in. It made me feel tit for how much I drink (a bottle of wine or two a week) but I don’t go out with my mates anymore because 1) it costs an absolute fortune and 2) because I can’t be arsed - I live in the middle of nowhere and I actually enjoy having a drink at home with my partner instead of going out.

But I really questioned if I had an issue because of all her “sober” bollocks.

I always though Ben was pretty fit too and CT looks a bit haggard. I’m no oil painting after having kids but I would never put my fiancé down and make out he was punching like she does. Delusional.

Reactions: 7
It looks like Clemmie didn’t get the freebie meal she was after in central London.