Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bromance

Chatty Member
Does anyone remember how many died after she released them last year? I know they had mum (was Peggy the mum?) Once she threw them out.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone remember how many died after she released them last year? I know they had mum (was Peggy the mum?) Once she threw them out.
Looked through her highlight, looks like Peggy had 6, one died so she took them in, I think another died the one with a gammy foot, then 4 were released back (this isn't shown but it left 4 and we know 4 remained).

Reactions: 1
I’ve done some research too, except like I keep saying they are wild ducks 🤦🏼‍♀️ I don’t know where she’s got it from that they’re not. Then again I even had to tell that wildlife place that it includes mallards!
The original 4 on the beach are not full mallards though. They are either dumped/ escaped domestic breeds or decendents of some. Whilst Peggy and one of the boys show almost true mallard patterning they are still too large to be full mallards, non of the boys hatched last year are full mallard.
There is a lot more to it, as all domestic breeds of duck were descended from Mallard (except the Muscovy which isn’t technically a duck) much in the same way all dog breeds are from a wolf.
This is the technical clause that’s probably preventing the wildlife trust intervening.