Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Maid22

VIP Member
I've been watching some of the older classic episodes they put on the hub. I really enjoy some of the more gentle pace of life and it's nice to see the gradual build-up of drama etc. I remember listening to a podcast a while ago where one of the actresses (Dolly I think) was talking about how they got to learn a lot about farming as they really got hands on with the sheering, milking et. I don't think there is anywhere near enough of the farm aspect of the show on modern Emmerdale. They need to bring Andy back to continue the Sugden legacy.
I've been watching them too! I always thought it was a shame when they dropped the farm! Like in the main thread, there's not even a dog now!!

kachoochoo

VIP Member
we're definitely in an era i didn't watch first time round

i never knew maureen holdsworth/joyce temple-savage was simon's mam!

rivermonster

VIP Member
Such a random storyline, a Bollywood film, I still find it strange second time around!!!!
I didn't find it strange as Emmerdale is only a stones throw away from Bradford that had a large Asian population then - maybe a bit random as there were no Asian characters at the time. All I was thinking was how on earth did they get the Visa that quick, it used to take us ages. :)

Beth1980

VIP Member
I only remember the older son and some of his storyline, trying not to give any spoilers, maybe as I watch my memory will 'kick in'.

Beth1980

VIP Member
He is very annoying, but did chuckle when he was smashing Rodney's wine, think it was because he wanted to get inside Rodney's car.

rivermonster

VIP Member
Watching the King family's scenes, I am reminded of how good Tom, Carl and Matthew King's characters were.
I still can't understand why Jimmy was the one they kept in the show.

He was nasty when he first arrived. Now he's changed to mister Blunders and is nothing like he was in the classic episodes.
And I think he was the least likeable of the Kings.
I hear that Tom Lister (Carl) is running a window cleaning company because his acting work dried up.
No idea how the Matthew actor is earning a crust these days.

And yet there's Jimmy the crappest of them all, still in the show.

Wish they'd not killed off the others. Would love to have them back.
I always wondered why they left Jimmy it as he became Nicose wimp. The last I heard of Carl (Tom Lister) he was doing stage shows. Will have a look later and see where they are.

rivermonster

VIP Member
I'm really old and watched Emmerdale religiously until 2001. Now maybe wrong but I'm sure Eric Pollard committed a murder in the eighties. Something to do with Henry Wilkes daughter? I may have dreamt it but I'm sure I didn't.
Yes he did but nothing to do with her. It's in the Emmerdale fan thing on the net but I can't do spoilers. 🙂

neroli

VIP Member
Thanks both, I’ll have a look! I’m currently having to search for classic Emmerdale on sky, find the episode there and then I can watch it! I used to record it but I switched from sky q to sky glass and you can’t record on that 🙄
I have been landed with a Sky Glass set from next week...Can't you record from it at all?

neroli

VIP Member
I can't believe that baby Jean will not suffer complications from the fall....She has to. Probably on Monday's episode? I predict delayed concussion/ brain bleed. Zoe going frantic in hospital dash. Chloe tearfully admits all and is sacked. Have no idea so please don't give any spoilers away! :D