Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I'm a true dinosaur so apologies for the stupid questions...

I think it's a good job my daughter has a smartphone....I don't lol!!!! Looks like I'm going to have to hang on to the old set as well which has good old Sky+....I knew this would be disastrous and this was certainly not my decision!
Wasn’t a stupid question at all, I didn’t know you couldn’t record on it either until I got it. They didn’t tell me that at the point of sale!

Reactions: 1
She’s iconic her clothes are amazing still looks good I think. She was on the Distinct Nostalgia Podcast and she is such a lovely lady. I won’t go into what she said as it would be spoiler and don’t know how to do the hide spoiler but so different to her character
Just downloaded it, thanks for the suggestion, looking forward to listening

Maid22

VIP Member
I'm glad Marlon paid the builders!
Didn't Emily look pretty in her wedding dress, pity Paddy didn't stay with her!
Tricia's mother is really awful.

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
I may be wrong but I think when the writers decided to make the new Robert gay they also decided to rewrite Jack as homophibic and said he'd hit Robert years ago because of that.

I may have misremembered the reason for Jack's alleged violence though.
Wasn’t it something like Jack caught Robert in bed with a male farmhand which was why he hit him (that was the story Robert told to someone a few years later from where we are in Classic when he became gay as it supposedly had happened years before)

kachoochoo

VIP Member
didn't know whether to laugh or cry at ghost tricia showing up at the pavilion to chat to marlon one last time, looking like hopkirk (deceased) in her white parka

but I was in bits by the end of the episode 😢

and the music was 👌🤌

Maid22

VIP Member
Nicola just uses her dad for money, but tbh, he has always spoilt her.
Oh Chris has headaches, I remember this!!

holly1727373!3

VIP Member
I stopped watching normal Emmerdale when Robert left.

I catch the odd episode every now and then and classic beats it by a mile.

C1O2

Chatty Member
There's loads of little good bits. Just fast forward anything with Katie in it.
Nothing of interest with her involved. Whiny little cheat.
Thanks I’ll leave it on in the background as I am pottering around. She is annoying I have to agree and a cheat which is worse

Maid22

VIP Member
The start of Zoe's schizophrenia :confused:
Rodney gave in too easily with Nicola, she turned into such a bitch!

Maid22

VIP Member
Good episodes, I don't remember the fire and Jimmy being stabbed and stitched up by the vet!
Those watching today's Emmerdale, gosh I feel old, Samson isn't born yet and we know he's leaving in the main one ( won't say anymore, I know some folks are watching Classic for first time!)

grace28

Chatty Member
I also didn't realise how long this story has left to run, it's got at least another 6 months.

What's with Laurel's accent? She's full blown Southerner now but back then had a (albeit bad) Yorkshire twang?
I noticed this with Donna Windsor, who lost her London accent and turned Yorkshire, but can kind of understand that.
Her voice was so whiney and high pitched, glad she didn’t keep it like that!

grace28

Chatty Member
Hour long episode today, can't really remember, but is it charity and Zoe storyline?
Yes it’s the start of their affair. I think this then leads into Zoe’s mental illness.

This party is so cringe, I don’t remember the 2002 feeling this dated.