Classic Coronation Street #3 Save the cobbles residents are whining, whilst Deirdre and Dev are 69ing!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Classic Corrie is bit of a Shameless fest at present.

We've just seen Annabelle Apsion as Richard's wife, Patricia. She was Monica Gallagher in Shameless.

One of the girls that Jason and Kirk went off with looked suspiciously like Rebecca Atkinson who played Karen Maguire.

Now we see Alice Barry in the Fortune Telling tent with Fiz. She would play Lillian.

Ironically Alice Barry would return to Corrie in 2013 as a Tarot Card reader, in episodes also set in Blackpool.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8

We've just seen Annabelle Apsion as Richard's wife, Patricia. She was Monica Gallagher in Shameless.

One of the girls that Jason and Kirk went off with looked suspiciously like Rebecca Atkinson who played Karen Maguire.

Now we see Alice Barry in the Fortune Telling tent with Fiz. She would play Lillian.

Ironically Alice Barry would return to Corrie in 2013 as a Tarot Card reader, in episodes also set in Blackpool.
Ahh yes Karen Maguire!! I was racking my brains wondering where i knew her from.

Was the guy at the end who owned the caravan the one with dreadlocks from shameless?

Todays two episodes have left me wishing Richard had smacked me in the dish with a shovel 🙄. Between the skirmish and Toyah only being a couple quivers away from reacting the same way to Kirk calling Goran a layabout as she did to being raped, I almost switched off.

It was only Karen’s Matrix coat that kept me watching.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The extras who work in the factory were making me irrationally giggle this afternoon. The facial expressions they were pulling when Karen was kicking off about Joe.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Gail's purple silk cardigan is from Jigsaw. I had it as well as her lavender Jigsaw one. I was very unimpressed as a chic 20 something to see my latest Jigsaw purchases worn by Gail.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I remember this Joe Carter has an affair with Karen. Also the two actors at the time had a brief romance in real life

Reactions: 3
Unpopular opinion: Literally nothing after Alan Bradley getting hit by the tram can truly be called 'Classic Corrie'.

Unpopular opinion: Literally nothing after Alan Bradley getting hit by the tram can truly be called 'Classic Corrie'.
I don’t think it would necessarily be an unpopular opinion, it was definitely one of the strongest storylines in the history of the show. But they’re calling it Classic Coronation Street rather than us so we have to roll with it, even though some stuff I’ve seen is bad

I don’t think it would necessarily be an unpopular opinion, it was definitely one of the strongest storylines in the history of the show. But they’re calling it Classic Coronation Street rather than us so we have to roll with it, even though some stuff I’ve seen is bad
I hear you. Tricky Dicky was a bona fide classic storyline. Unfortunately, the byproduct of everything after Hillman's demise was that, for years afterwards, the show devoted as much time as possible to Gail and her family; hardly ever in a positive way. I stopped watching in the late 00s, I wouldn't have a clue who's in it now. I reckon EastEnders went down the pan around the same time. Max Branning was my guy

Reactions: 4
I hear you. Tricky Dicky was a bona fide classic storyline. Unfortunately, the byproduct of everything after Hillman's demise was that, for years afterwards, the show devoted as much time as possible to Gail and her family; hardly ever in a positive way. I stopped watching in the late 00s, I wouldn't have a clue who's in it now. I reckon EastEnders went down the pan around the same time. Max Branning was my guy
I was thinking that I might stop watching after the Richard storyline finishes but I might stick it out until Bradley Walsh and his screen family come in. Yesterday’s episodes really annoyed me and once Sean and Kelly come into the factory and Becky appears, I think there will be more of the same

Reactions: 4
I was thinking that I might stop watching after the Richard storyline finishes but I might stick it out until Bradley Walsh and his screen family come in. Yesterday’s episodes really annoyed me and once Sean and Kelly come into the factory and Becky appears, I think there will be more of the same
I have a slight soft spot for late 04 to early 06 because of the styles/haircuts. I liked Bradley Walsh too

Unpopular opinion but Fizz don’t half make me laugh in her early years.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.