Classic Coronation Street #3 Save the cobbles residents are whining, whilst Deirdre and Dev are 69ing!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah right, I've given up on coronation street, never thought I would, was always my fave soap, but it went so boring with awful characters!
Me too. I only watch this one now as I didn’t watch it at the time.

Reactions: 3
Is anyone else pissed off with Les feeling sorry for himself since Janice left him 😂

Reactions: 4
Les just mentioned Leanne's Mum - Babs.

I thought she was called Stella in 2011 and looked a lot like Cindy Beale from EastEnders. 😆

Is that Ciaran Griffiths? Didn't recognise him!
It is Ciaran.
I didn’t recognise him either from that picture. He looks different but not just age

Albert Tatlock returned from beyond the grave today. Last seen in January 1984 and briefly seen and heard during the 40th Anniversary in 2000.

From Corriepedia:

Ken Barlow's talk at Roy's Rolls features a tape recording of Albert Tatlock reminiscing about the First World War. The source of the recording is taken from a scene in Episode 1126 (1st November 1971), where Albert was interviewed by Alex Palmer of BBC Radio Manchester

So that really was Jack Howarth as Albert we were hearing - just over 30 years later.

Reactions: 1
We are only six months off Bet Lynch briefly returning - for that ill fated comeback that was supposed to be permanent and would have seen her return as Landlady of The Rovers.

She'll be back for eight episodes on 10th June 2002.

We should see this return early next year.

Returning again for another seven episodes from 21st November 2003.

Maureen Lipman will also be seen as Lillian Spencer in the early part of next year.

Refered to by Mike Baldwin as 'Diamond Lil'. 😆

• Heart
It’s hilarious for me watching Deidre cause back in the day my mum was the spit of her with the glasses and hair style. So much so her nickname that me and my best friend still call her is Rachide 😂
My daughter found an old photo of me in some big specs & wrote on the back - "Mum, The Deirdre Barlow years" :LOL:

Because of the racing, there is only one episode of CC today & that's not until 5.30pm. :(

• Haha
We are only six months off Bet Lynch briefly returning - for that ill fated comeback that was supposed to be permanent and would have seen her return as Landlady of The Rovers.

She'll be back for eight episodes on 10th June 2002.

We should see this return early next year.

Returning again for another seven episodes from 21st November 2003.

Maureen Lipman will also be seen as Lillian Spencer in the early part of next year.

Refered to by Mike Baldwin as 'Diamond Lil'. 😆
Wow I didn’t realise Maureen lipman was in Corrie back then!

Reactions: 2
Some recent episodes of Classic Corrie were directed by Chris Jury.

Better known as Mr Knowles in Grange Hill and Eric Catchpole in Lovejoy.

BMjE4Mzk3OTUyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTg1NTcyNTE@._V1_.jpg

Reactions: 2
It’s so weird I can vividly remember so much from this time like the Janice/Dennis story

Yet have absolutely no recollection of Molly

Reactions: 5
Oh no…first Audrey makes me imagine Richard Hillman in woman’s underwear and then they come downstairs after clearly indulging in some afternoon delight…

• Haha
Les just mentioned Leanne's Mum - Babs.

I thought she was called Stella in 2011 and looked a lot like Cindy Beale from EastEnders. 😆

Is that Ciaran Griffiths? Didn't recognise him!
Another continuity error, Corrie is famous for them!
I’ve been watching old Corries on YouTube and at Gail & Brian Tilsley’s wedding reception in 1979 Hilda Ogden was telling Bet Lynch how her and Stan had had a sort of wedding reception in a pub that was right next door to the church!
Fast forward to 1983 and while preparing for lodger Eddie Yeats wedding she was lamenting that she didn’t get a church wedding!!
Do Corrie not keep a log of names and places mentioned?

Bloody hell!!

Could see Roy's Rolls menu board behind Toyah.

A Full English Breakfast, comprising of Bacon, Egg, Sausage, Beans, Tomato, Black Pudding, Fried Bread, Toast and a pot of Tea, is only £2.95 😵

I Know times were cheaper back in 2001, but not that cheap!

Another continuity error, Corrie is famous for them!
I’ve been watching old Corries on YouTube and at Gail & Brian Tilsley’s wedding reception in 1979 Hilda Ogden was telling Bet Lynch how her and Stan had had a sort of wedding reception in a pub that was right next door to the church!
Fast forward to 1983 and while preparing for lodger Eddie Yeats wedding she was lamenting that she didn’t get a church wedding!!
Do Corrie not keep a log of names and places mentioned?
Ivy's surename was originally Tydlesley, later changed to Tilsley.

Her husband back in the early/mid 70's was Jack Tilsley (appearing in two 1975 episodes played by another actor). His name was changed to Bert, after Jack Duckworth started appearing in 1979.

Ivy and Jack were also childless. So Brian appearing in 1978 was a huge retcon.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Bloody hell!!

Could see Roy's Rolls menu board behind Toyah.

A Full English Breakfast, comprising of Bacon, Egg, Sausage, Beans, Tomato, Black Pudding, Fried Bread, Toast and a pot of Tea, is only £2.95 😵

I Know times were cheaper back in 2001, but not that cheap!

Ivy's surename was originally Tydlesley, later changed to Tilsley.

Her husband back in the early/mid 70's was Jack Tilsley (appearing in two 1975 episodes played by another actor). His name was changed to Bert, after Jack Duckworth started appearing in 1979.

Ivy and Jack were also childless. So Brian appearing in 1978 was a huge retcon.
Indeed,I remember when Fred Gee’s wife Edna died in a fire at the warehouse that used to be in Coronation Street Ivy saying to someone that she and Fred had no children “only each other just like me and my Jack”!!
🤷🏻‍♀️

Oh no…first Audrey makes me imagine Richard Hillman in woman’s underwear and then they come downstairs after clearly indulging in some afternoon delight…
Ironically Audrey becomes involved with a man who dressed in Women's clothes, many years later

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.