Classic Coronation Street #3 Save the cobbles residents are whining, whilst Deirdre and Dev are 69ing!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I too didn’t remember Edna going like that, well not until Duggy was making his way to bed then I remembered 😂
Shame reallly she was a good character who I didn’t appreciate at the time as I was young I remember my mum howling laughing at her though.

Reactions: 4
There’s so many characters that I’ve misremembered as ones I liked, Martin, Karen, Eileen, only to forget how great a character Edna was. Shame the killed her off, she brought some humour, albeit dark

Reactions: 5
Talk about turning up for your own Funeral. :ROFLMAO:

Edna's sister Iris was played by Edna actress Joan Kempson.

I love Deidre's glasses - iconic!
Someone in the wardrobe department must of gotten them out of storage. Appear to be her original 70's ones.

d.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
First time posting on this thread but started watching classic corrie as I remember watching the Richard Hillman era the first time around with my mum as a teen.
I remember at the time Karen was one of my favourite characters whereas this time I can’t stand watching her! Always did have a weird crush on Peter though🤣

Reactions: 4
Karen is a horror! She didn’t bother me first time round and I couldn’t stand Janice but I love her now!

Toyah - Sam would only need to ask me once to go to Ibiza - he’s adorable 🥰

I’m sad Edna has gone, she was so funny.

I definitely won’t be able to cope with Fiz and Cilla.

Excited for Dick Hillman working his magic (I can’t remember everyone he kills butis it any wonder he bludgeoned Maxime? He was probably sick hearing her whinge

Reactions: 3
Steve McDonald has married some characters to say the least but Karen has to be right up there as the craziest. She’s as mad as a box of frogs.

• Haha
In real life she was 35 at that time!
Only a couple of years earlier she was on Dinnerladies playing quite a childlike nice but dim character who was also meant to be, by the way she acted, quite young, I would also say early 20s

I would say she carries it off and I don’t think she looks her real age at this point in time

Old school Dev is kinda hot. Charisma just oozes out of his pores.
Tbf, he’s not as bad as I remembered him to be (acting wise). But yeah I get what you mean, it makes sense that Deirdre would have a crush on him.

I’ve never smoked so someone needs to let me in on why Peter Barlow’s smokes are so long (not a euphemism). They’re about a cigar length!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Dev didn’t drag out his words back then. Now he takes forever to finish his lines

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Dev didn’t drag out his words back then. Now he takes forever to finish his lines
I vaguely remember the storyline somewhere in the future with the Solicitor (?) who isn’t very well mentally but a similar story (albeit on a smaller scale) was his introductory storyline. It’s like Jack being left things in wills - at the time there was probably a sufficient gap for people to forget but when there’s 10 episodes a week now, it’s a lot easier to spot the similarities

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.