Classic Coronation Street #3 Save the cobbles residents are whining, whilst Deirdre and Dev are 69ing!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find Bobbie very dull and wooden. She even looks awkward walking down the street and always hooks her fingers in her pockets.
I do remember Bobbie but I agree, she’s got no personality. She’s not believable with the whole ‘treat em mean keep em keen’ storyline

Reactions: 4
Audrey is superb in these recent episodes. Shows how versatile she is. She can play ditzy and serious equally well

Reactions: 8
Still as devastating second time around 😢
I was just thinking that first time round i was 14/15 and it didn’t mean much. I know that sounds awful and I remember thinking it was sad but i think this time its more real. Not that cancer has affected me personally but as an adult these are real life things that affect people we know.

Reactions: 6
I was just thinking that first time round i was 14/15 and it didn’t mean much. I know that sounds awful and I remember thinking it was sad but i think this time its more real. Not that cancer has affected me personally but as an adult these are real life things that affect people we know.
I’m about a week behind but I do remember the storyline. My mum died of cancer in 1999 and we only had 8 months from diagnosis to her passing so I’ve got mixed feelings about seeing this again.

Fast forward 21 years from Alma’s storyline and far far too many people are dying too young and too quickly from cancer ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My gran has just been diagnosed with breast cancer so this storyline is hitting me hard. The acting is fantastic, Mike and Audrey especially.

Richard Hillman will be coming soon though and I can't wait to watch it all again as an adult

• Heart
Reactions: 9
That was a heartbreaking watch. Raw, emotional.

Audrey, Mike, Alma all played a blinder. Even Linda, take a bow Jacqueline Pirie.

So much better than that award chasing Sinead cancer storyline a few years back. No heart went into that.

I wonder what the woman who played Lynda did after Corrie.She’s a bloody good actress and I’ve never seen her in anything else.Unlike the utter shite who left and pop up everywhere.*Karen,Zoe and Michelle Keegan!

Reactions: 3
I wonder what the woman who played Lynda did after Corrie.She’s a bloody good actress and I’ve never seen her in anything else.Unlike the utter shite who left and pop up everywhere.*Karen,Zoe and Michelle Keegan!
She has a drama school I think, I’ll see if I can find the article

ETA - a couple of different pages came up with one saying she has a drama school in Canada. This is quite an old article - the other one I found was from Entertainment Daily but the ads on there are a nightmare.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
She does and is also an author, have just googled her as I was interested. Sounds like she’s doing ok
She is a very convincing actress. I watched Karen’s hen night episode yesterday and thought Linda was maybe pregnant in real life, and she had a son in October 2001. It was the frock jacket thing that gave it away, not very Linda 😂

Reactions: 7
I remember watching Alma’s passing first time round, I cried again today was so well acted & accurate, took me back a few years to being at my beautiful nans bedside when she was passing. Alma was a lovely character, sad that Hayley didn’t make it to say goodbye 😢

• Heart
  • Sad
Social Worker Donald Worthington returns to Classic Corrie today. Under the new alias of Richard Hillman 😆

Corrie_don_worthington.png

Last seen in 1986, at the very start of the ITV3 Classic Corrie run.

Social Worker Donald Worthington returns to Classic Corrie today. Under the new alias of Richard Hillman 😆

View attachment 1558815

Last seen in 1986, at the very start of the ITV3 Classic Corrie run.
There's so many people who have been in as more than one character, didn't know he had too. Was surprised to see John Snape at the local elections the other day too

Audrey shows her acting chops again soon with Richard Hillman.
Sue Nicolls appeared in the 1970's comedy, The fall and rise of Reginald Perrin, playing a completely different character to Audrey. Episodes can be found on YouTube, and Freeview channel Legend. A warning if anyone decides to watch the show on Legend, they tend to pixel out "risque" images.

Reactions: 1
I know the actress who played Linda was pregnant but is Hayley too?
Her tabbard made her look like it yesterday

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.