Classic Coronation Street #3 Save the cobbles residents are whining, whilst Deirdre and Dev are 69ing!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whats this story then? Don’t watch current corrie and wasnt someone saying the other week they thought they were the same person?
I’ve just caught a bit of this just now - the previous Debs and Dixie from Casualty.

Just clocked Dev - I can’t believe he lasted 20 weeks let alone 20 years!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Microwaveable buffet food from Devs shop for a wedding buffet 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 5
This wedding story has made zero sense, but it's been funny to watch them call each other's bluff.

Whats this story then? Don’t watch current corrie and wasnt someone saying the other week they thought they were the same person?
I’ve just caught a bit of this just now - the previous Debs and Dixie from Casualty.
Both of these actresses have played a different character previously on Corrie

As we know, Gabrielle Glaister was Debs Brownlow, Natalie Barnes’s sister in 2000 and Jane Hazlegrove was Sue Clayton in 1985

We don’t know Gabrielle’s character’s name this time around as she only appeared in yesterday’s episode and Jane has been playing Bernie Winter, Gemma’s mum, since 2019

The plot line that we know at the moment is that Bernie went to buy Joseph's school uniform from some posh shop and the assistant gave her a bag with another woman’s jacket that had been on order as the assistant thought she was Gabrielle’s character. Gabrielle character went to Bernie’s house to get the jacket back, but also took the school uniform by mistake. Bernie clocked there was a likeness between them and I think she’s got a plan up her sleeves

It was the actresses suggestion to do a doppelgänger storyline as they said that people are always getting them mixed up

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Not sure if this has been mentioned on here before but I've just finished watching the BBC drama, The Control Room. Was wracking my brain trying to think where I'd seen the main character in it before, so googled it, and it's the actor who played the original Adam Barlow, Iain de Caestecker.

I was only wondering the other day whether he ever continued with acting after being in Corrie, as he was quite a good actor, compared to some child actors.

Reactions: 4
Classic Corrie is dealing with some very heavy issues recently, Toyah being raped and now Alma’s death. The stories are very well done and acted superbly. But it was great to see them bring a bit of light relief with the drag night and fun community spirit.

Reactions: 7
Does he?
She just wont/cant pay her bill. There must be a story there
I thought there was going to be something happen between then when she first went to him - even though she speaks pretty badly to him. Maybe it’s a gambling addiction or some back story of her having money difficulties? I’ve fallen behind again and I don’t remember her character at all either!

Reactions: 3
I thought there was going to be something happen between then when she first went to him - even though she speaks pretty badly to him. Maybe it’s a gambling addiction or some back story of her having money difficulties? I’ve fallen behind again and I don’t remember her character at all either!
Hmmm maybe.
Think youre right there re the money issues.
Dont remember them getting it on but who knows.

Reactions: 1
I find Bobbie very dull and wooden. She even looks awkward walking down the street and always hooks her fingers in her pockets.

Reactions: 6
I don’t remember Bobbie at all from the first time round. She’s quite a prominent character but nope, can’t say I’ve seen her before

I felt sorry for Audrey, I know it's a very difficult situation, but she's only trying her best, and I understand Alma wanting to try to be able to do things on her own, very very sad storyline :(

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.