Clancy Burke #3 Complaining all day keeps the fiancé away.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly guys, I truly am such a type a.. a type a (hole) who kicks mothers out of their bedrooms... I'm so blessed and humbled 🙂

Reactions: 7
So lots of thoughts here.

First, her videos are boring AF. Clancy, seriously, I get this is your life, but if your life is this boring, then stop vlogging. Why not open a consulting business and turn your You Tube channel into media consulting or media strategy or something? I think she could actually do very well in a niche like that that keeps her skills/past career (that she's obvi proud of) at the forefront while taking the focus off her boring life.

Second, I'm not bothered by the room thing. I was at first, but whatever. Parents are weird. I do believe her that they gave it up and not that she asked for it, and I think even if she and Zac had said no, they probably still would've done it. That's based on nothing except my own parents and the parents of my cousins. It's just how some families are so I'm not annoyed by it.

I am bothered by the discussion of her weight that pops up from time to time on her threads. I really think she's very thin. Is she heavier than when she was working? Maybe, but that just tells me she was too thin when she was a reporter. I also think she has one of those bodies where she just looks heavier than she probably is. I base this on her saying her work wardrobe was a size 4 when she was selling it (I think?). So even if she's a size 6 now, she probably looks a bit heavier, but even that is thin. Regardless, with as much as she works out, I think she's fine in terms of fitness and health.

I also can't stand Zac. It's very hard for me to see anything from his POV because he's such an outlandish jerk half the time. I couldn't care less that Clancy shared a tidbit about him in high school or that she films him or whatever. I can't stand him.

Finally, am I the only one who isn't feeling the Jenna vlogs? I thought she'd be so much better than Clancy, but she's just as boring. I'm surprised she has so many subs.

Reactions: 2
So lots of thoughts here.

First, her videos are boring AF. Clancy, seriously, I get this is your life, but if your life is this boring, then stop vlogging. Why not open a consulting business and turn your You Tube channel into media consulting or media strategy or something? I think she could actually do very well in a niche like that that keeps her skills/past career (that she's obvi proud of) at the forefront while taking the focus off her boring life.

Second, I'm not bothered by the room thing. I was at first, but whatever. Parents are weird. I do believe her that they gave it up and not that she asked for it, and I think even if she and Zac had said no, they probably still would've done it. That's based on nothing except my own parents and the parents of my cousins. It's just how some families are so I'm not annoyed by it.

I am bothered by the discussion of her weight that pops up from time to time on her threads. I really think she's very thin. Is she heavier than when she was working? Maybe, but that just tells me she was too thin when she was a reporter. I also think she has one of those bodies where she just looks heavier than she probably is. I base this on her saying her work wardrobe was a size 4 when she was selling it (I think?). So even if she's a size 6 now, she probably looks a bit heavier, but even that is thin. Regardless, with as much as she works out, I think she's fine in terms of fitness and health.

I also can't stand Zac. It's very hard for me to see anything from his POV because he's such an outlandish jerk half the time. I couldn't care less that Clancy shared a tidbit about him in high school or that she films him or whatever. I can't stand him.

Finally, am I the only one who isn't feeling the Jenna vlogs? I thought she'd be so much better than Clancy, but she's just as boring. I'm surprised she has so many subs.
Agree that her videos are v boring. And I think your idea of her going into media consulting would be a great next step and transition into a more sustainable, professional channel but I doubt she would have much interest in that because that would be helping others, helping others to make money and grow their brands, and possibly diluting an already crowded market for influencer space. Considering she hasn't changed much at all since she left TV, I think she only wants to do the kind of channel she's doing, and she's always done. As she said, she wants to sit in her pink office in a $1m dream home and doodle her name in Target Journals and write a novel ala Gossip Girl. #goals

Bedroom: I might offer my daughter my room or bed or a comfier accommodation if she were visiting me. But for Clancy to do so at her parents, his parents, while preaching about saving money, and everything else she's got going on.. Just nope.

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of Zac. I feel the same about her Dad. I think he's a jerk too. But I feel for them as a person who would be mortified being filmed for some self-serving BS YT filler content and shared something so personal on camera. It's not so much, Poor Zac, but that I would throat punch my boyfriend if he did the same to me.

Jenna: I do like her, but her vlog is meh. I feel like she's making a mistake in following Clancy's style of YT. Maybe once she gets some stuff rolling, new job and settled, I'll watch again.

I agree about the comments on her weight, she is tiny! She has big boobs bit the rest of her is very small.
Zacs an ass, smug about his credit score and he's so wise he knows how to negotiate when. Buying a house... Such a know it all.
I was rewatching the vlog were they were trying to stay in their apartment for a couple more months and he was saying how no business would ever charge higher and not negotiate a price for them, and I'm thinking um why would they charge you monthly rate for a couple months when they can up the rent and get a long term tenant in? He is just such a know it all

Clancy immediately praising the police in her Instagram stories is kind of a weird take on school shooting.

I’m a little confused about why she’d put “I want to exist in a country where gun violence isn’t the number one cause of death for children” in a smaller text box below. That seems like the biggest takeaway from such an avoidable tragedy.

(Not trying to start any political arguments here, by the way. Just saying that maybe you should link some resources or something for the families instead of being amazed that the police did their job?)

Attachments

• Sick
Clancy immediately praising the police in her Instagram stories is kind of a weird take on school shooting.

I’m a little confused about why she’d put “I want to exist in a country where gun violence isn’t the number one cause of death for children” in a smaller text box below. That seems like the biggest takeaway from such an avoidable tragedy.

(Not trying to start any political arguments here, by the way. Just saying that maybe you should link some resources or something for the families instead of being amazed that the police did their job?)
Get out! Umm didn’t one of the victims - a nine year old girl(!) pull the alarm to warn her classmates? That’s heroic. Not saying the cops aren’t heroic but like.. a child died trying to save her classmates. Clancy is the worst 🤮 Such a weird thing to focus on. But we all know how much she loves the police.

Reactions: 1
Wait, what?? I don't agree with you all at all. After the most recent school shootings, I think Clancy is right to praise the cops in this case. I don't want to get political, but the Uvalde cops were cowards and the cops in some of the other mass shootings haven't impressed me much either. The Nashville cops did exactly what they were supposed to do and I do think that deserves praise after the utter fail of their peers.

That said, these things ARE preventable and shame on us for not prioritizing the safety of children in this country. You're right, that little 9-year-old (I think Evelyn is her name) is a hero!

Reactions: 5
The post just reads wrong. She should know not to bury the lede. ("The cops where incredible! and, oh yeah, I'm sad about those little kids too.") What struck me was the wording. "I can't believe I exist in a world" where cops are brave and also kids are dying. It's all about Clancy and her world.

Reactions: 9
Thoughts from her new video.. she thinks she’s more ‘fun’ now? If anything her content has taken a nosedive and she’s more boring, surely she must have some inkling as her views are on the decline.

She thinks it’s okay to post somebody else’s baby because they posted it on FB? Surely her colleague’s page has privacy settings, whereas anyone can view Clancy’s video (there are sick people out there).

Is the only reason she’s cooking for Neal is to promote bootleg Hello Fresh? I doubt she uses it regularly if it doesn’t provide her with chocolate oatmeal or chicken sandwiches.

The sibling tag wasn’t groundbreaking, but probably the best content she’s put out for a while.

Most of my thoughts on "the Vlog"

She posted a picture of a former coworker’s baby. Said the coworker posted it on FB so she figured It would be ok to share it on “the Vlog”. I sure as heck hope she specifically asked permission to use that picture and if she did not, the mother goes apeshit on her. *Update: Someone asked her in the comments, and it is clear she did not specifically ask for permission. I don’t care if it is the friend’s public reporter page, sharing pictures of babies/children without permission is off-limits. Such a vapid, ignorant asshole.

Apparently, she had to bribe Neal with cooking lunch to get him to appear on “the Vlog.” But, hey wait, do I smell a sponsorship on the horizon?? Yep, Hungry Root, for the win and had her “cooking” for her brother. She placed food on aluminum foil. She sounds so fake and exaggerated the whole time. She put text up thanking Hungry Root for sponsoring the video, but I hate when she says that she is ‘working with them’. Like she can’t speak the words that she is sponsored by them. And she’s cooking for Neal, cooking for Zac.. Wonder how much of the Hungry Root food she will actually be cooking and eating herself? Oh and he’s not feeling well again, because of medicine he’s taking…

Says literally dozens of times. Also says, if you know anything about me.. You guys know I.. You guys know my brother... Like we’re all keeping notes about her.. We care so much.. You want us to know your list of allergies, but how dare anyone give feedback on her fugazi travel plans?? Or discourage her from buying a $1m starter home? Or thinking that she microwaved a metal spoon when she shows the picture of the metal spoon, in the oatmeal, in the microwave?? God, we are so stupid!

Interesting how she even said she enjoys setting Neal up, calling him out on things, making fun but then gets very defensive and prickly if he does the same to her. And several times, he tried to say something, she just got very twisty and stared at him until he backtracked like she had no idea what he was talking about. And he better STFU. That’s probably been his whole life. She does that with her mom and dad, and Zac too.

She ends up being pretty condescending about Zac’s after work Cornhole tournament. Ok, there are other sports/activities besides pickleball. She just seems to enjoy pissing on anything that she doesn’t enjoy. Like let Neal talk about politics, or issues he cares about. Let Zac enjoy work cornhole, ffs.

She places food on aluminum foil again, supposedly for Zac. Funny we don’t see anyone eat the food! (Zac took one bite of something in the beginning.) And she ends it with another chill, relaxing evening… Removing makeup-where’s the DIME Beauty haul?? Manifesting podcast, with a YouTuber/Influencer who started makeup tutorials at 14.. Oh, so out of the box, deep soul dive, I’m sure..

One more thing: Her comment section both floors and scares me…

Reactions: 6
Agree with everybody here. She sure is a completely different person. Neal seems like the only person who tries to call her out on her fake persona. And the way she shut him down so fast on everything. Neal: "You're close-minded." Clancy: "No, I'm open-minded." "Uh, okay." She loves to talk about what a funny/interesting/great kid she was. I think she must spend her relaxing evenings looking back at her old pics and videos and marveling at how funny and smart she was. And, of course she should not have posted her friend's baby's picture on You Tube!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
i died when neal called clancy close-minded because its so true. she really doesn't branch out at all or try anything new, even something as innocuous as a new dish at a restaurant. i've also noticed that the only time i have ever seen her interact with a non-white person was for work when she was a reporter. i don't think this makes her racist or anything, but i think it just highlights the bubble she lives in.

i also found it interesting when she said she didn't like that neal was "too political" (which btw, is a pretty privileged take! some people have no choice but to be political because their lives are at stake.) i kind of get the impression that clancy is secretly pretty conservative and that is why she doesn't like hearing about politics from neal (who seems to be very left leaning based on his comments.)

when she made the lunch and was saying "if it was simple like the other meals she made" all you did was assemble asparagus and put salmon on top with a drizzle of honey and lemon wedges on the side....it doesn't get any simpler than that......

Reactions: 1
I also liked that she said Neal questioned her new hobby: going to church. Neal seems like a straightforward guy who knows Clancy well and sees right through any bs.

Neal was so right when he said closed minded, then she bulldozed her way into getting him to take it back essentially. Clancy’s idea of not judging you is not telling you straight to your face that she perceives you as less than the almighty Clancy. That girl judges every single thing, person or idea that comes her way. 98% of the time it’s disgusting.Come on girl, really?! I can’t imagine the damage she’d do to a child’s self esteem.

Reactions: 6
Neal was so right when he said closed minded, then she bulldozed her way into getting him to take it back essentially. Clancy’s idea of not judging you is not telling you straight to your face that she perceives you as less than the almighty Clancy. That girl judges every single thing, person or idea that comes her way. 98% of the time it’s disgusting.Come on girl, really?! I can’t imagine the damage she’d do to a child’s self esteem.
It was a revealing conversation. Clancy sees herself as this super open minded, chill, super sociable, low maintenance girl when she’s the exact opposite. I don’t even care that she is the way she is, she just refuses to accept it and deludes herself into thinking she’s someone she’s not.

And why does she keep repeating these diatribes about her saying yes to going out, etc. Is it because Zac makes snarky comments, I don’t know. It’s so obvious she’s fighting against herself to be this extroverted personality but she’s not, and that’s okay. It’s the weirdest thing to care about, especially at that age. She’s going to be miserable the rest of her life if she doesn’t move past these insecurities. I really think someone in her life needs to talk to her, but considering how she reacted to Neal, that’s probably not gonna happen any time soon.

Reactions: 10