Claire Chanelle Chouquette #2 Hermės bags and dripping gold, has no taste and dresses old

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m 99.9% sure. Claire said she and Julien purchased both the Chelsea flat and the Essex home in the same year they married. This was pre-influencer time, so Claire had been working at Harrod’s as a personal shopper with her styling “business” on the side and Julien working in finance. You tell me how two people, who just paid for an elaborate wedding (see the video of it in all its tacky glory on YT) and working those kinds of jobs can purchase £2M worth of real estate in the same year, not to mention their spending habits since buying these properties. It just doesn’t add up.
This is such a good point. Claire was not making more than 50K working in Harrods and if Julien was making good money in finance he wouldn’t have quit. Say they had a combined income of 120K (doubtful) they would still only be able to afford a 500K mortgage on average. So they definitely got a huge chunk of money from his parents to pay for the house.

Reactions: 4
This is such a good point. Claire was not making more than 50K working in Harrods and if Julien was making good money in finance he wouldn’t have quit. Say they had a combined income of 120K (doubtful) they would still only be able to afford a 500K mortgage on average. So they definitely got a huge chunk of money from his parents to pay for the house.
Not challenging what you believe Claire may have made as an SA at Harrod’s, just sharing some info:

When I worked in retail in my early 20’s in Scottsdale, AZ (“most fashionable”
city in AZ) the top SA’s at Nordstrom made $100k+ USD each year! It was outrageous but a very lucrative job at the time (mid to late 2000s). SA’s at Barneys, Neimans, and Saks were probably closer to $130k+ because they had larger luxe boutiques they could sell from (Celine, Cucinelli, Chanel, YSL, etc.). As a boutique manager, I was only at $45k salary but would make some bonuses from my VIP/celebrity clients.

My retail SA friends that worked in Vegas or Beverly Hills started at $120k+ a year. 😳Retail used to be a job that was fun and you could make a great living at. Now that those of us that love higher end fashion have moved to shopping online with the likes of 24S, Farfetch, MyTheresa, LVR, Modi Operandi, or personal shoppers, the in-spree retail compensation has drastically reduced. It’s wild to think how much thr fashion retail space has changed in 10-15 years.

Reactions: 3
Not challenging what you believe Claire may have made as an SA at Harrod’s, just sharing some info:

city in AZ) the top SA’s at Nordstrom made $100k+ USD each year! It was outrageous but a very lucrative job at the time (mid to late 2000s). SA’s at Barneys, Neimans, and Saks were probably closer to $130k+ because they had larger luxe boutiques they could sell from (Celine, Cucinelli, Chanel, YSL, etc.). As a boutique manager, I was only at $45k salary but would make some bonuses from my VIP/celebrity clients.

My retail SA friends that worked in Vegas or Beverly Hills started at $120k+ a year. 😳Retail used to be a job that was fun and you could make a great living at. Now that those of us that love higher end fashion have moved to shopping online with the likes of 24S, Farfetch, MyTheresa, LVR, Modi Operandi, or personal shoppers, the in-spree retail compensation has drastically reduced. It’s wild to think how much thr fashion retail space has changed in 10-15 years.
Possible but salaries differ massively in the UK compared to the US. This screenshot shows average wage, bonuses etc at Harrods for SA’s

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Possible but salaries differ massively in the UK compared to the US. This screenshot shows average wage, bonuses etc at Harrods for SA’s
Hey in a similar industry and agree with this apart from commissions it really won’t be much more than this

Reactions: 4
Seriously how many cardigans does one person need ? One minutes she’s throwing out “cheap” tees, the next she’s telling us how amazing these $40 cardigans are 😬

i mean make your mind up ! Cheap or investment piece ??

• Haha
Reactions: 7

I thought I read years ago that she worked in the basement of Harrods in the Michael Kors dept.....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Hey in a similar industry and agree with this apart from commissions it really won’t be much more than this
For me, it’s the spending you see over the last few years that’s the real red flag. Based on the cost of living in London, their salaries pre-influencer days plus needing more than 20% to lock in a mortgage in the UK, they would never have the capital to buy at that level at that time without money from his parents. Fast forward to Julien leaving finance to open his lux honeymoon travel company that no one has ever heard of AND a year+ down the road we’re in a pandemic where no one is traveling. He literally has no income. And yet he’s buying her Hermes, she’s buying Hermes, they’re buying overpriced furniture for an overpriced extension, and the list goes on. I’m sorry, it’s impossible. Claire often talks about all the properties “they” have in different countries. His family has a lot of money, they purchase properties via a trust and their children’s homes are purchased that way for them. This has been done for years, a way to protect assets and gift your children massive amounts of money without them having to pay any taxes on it. My issue is with Claire pretending their life is funded essentially from her work alone. Just admit it! You work hard BUT you wouldn’t have 10% of what you do if you actually had two mortgages to pay. It’s all BS and I loathe liars.

$150K is chump change in cities like London. I live in San Francisco and you wouldn’t even be able to buy a garage space on that salary, much less £2M in property.

Seriously how many cardigans does one person need ? One minutes she’s throwing out “cheap” tees, the next she’s telling us how amazing these $40 cardigans are 😬

It’s a sponsored post. That chav will push anything for which she gets a paycheck. The Katie cardigans were GIFTED and that’s the only reason she has them.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11

Urban revivo is on asos, she thinks we're just as stupid as she is to believe she'd actually wear that stuff without a sponsorship

He literally has no income. And yet he’s buying her Hermes, she’s buying Hermes, they’re buying overpriced furniture for an overpriced extension, and the list goes on. I’m sorry, it’s impossible. Claire often talks about all the properties “they” have in different countries. His family has a lot of money, they purchase properties via a trust and their children’s homes are purchased that way for them. This has been done for years, a way to protect assets and gift your children massive amounts of money without them having to pay any taxes on it. My issue is with Claire pretending their life is funded essentially from her work alone. Just admit it! You work hard BUT you wouldn’t have 10% of what you do if you actually had two mortgages to pay. It’s all BS and I loathe liars.

$150K is chump change in cities like London. I live in San Francisco and you wouldn’t even be able to buy a garage space on that salary, much less £2M in property.
Claire better be paying to the patron saint of gold diggers everyday that Julian and her do not divorce. His family are clearly smarter than him and with all those properties being held in family trusts she will likely get neither if they were to split. But then again who would want a mice infested house? Also when you factor in he has little to no income, any child support payments he would have to pay would likely be small. Julian strikes me as a gormless idiot so fingers crossed they'll be together forever

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I agree. Whenever I’m writing up contracts for European contracts, I always get sticker shock at the salaries in the UK, Italy, and the NL. But there are a lot of excellent mandatory benefits that my counterparts in Europe get that we don’t in the US, including 3x the amount of time off, pensions, and no deductions for health insurance.

I’m guessing that doesn’t include commissions or other incentive comp. I definitely remember our European SAs at the boutique I used to work at making a nice living (feedback from their employee satisfaction survey results) when I was making $45k USD but I didn’t ever need to learn the apples-to-apples comparison in total comp. 🤷🏾‍♀️

[QUOTE="bahama-mama, post: 7753677, member: 237458"

[/QUOTE]
I couldn’t compare $150k in Scottsdale or Los Angeles in the mid-2000s to $150k in SF now. $150k was awesome money in lower COL cities 15 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I agree. Whenever I’m writing up contracts for European contracts, I always get sticker shock at the salaries in the UK, Italy, and the NL. But there are a lot of excellent mandatory benefits that my counterparts in Europe get that we don’t in the US, including 3x the amount of time off, pensions, and no deductions for health insurance.

I’m guessing that doesn’t include commissions or other incentive comp. I definitely remember our European SAs at the boutique I used to work at making a nice living (feedback from their employee satisfaction survey results) when I was making $45k USD but I didn’t ever need to learn the apples-to-apples comparison in total comp. 🤷🏾‍♀️

[QUOTE="bahama-mama, post: 7753677, member: 237458"

I couldn’t compare $150k in Scottsdale or Los Angeles in the mid-2000s to $150k in SF now. $150k was awesome money in lower COL cities 15 years ago.
[/QUOTE]
You can’t even buy a nice, small house 90 minutes away from San Francisco in the Valley for $150k. I was surprised when an influencer said how much a house in a basic neighborhood cost

Reactions: 2
You can’t even buy a nice, small house 90 minutes away from San Francisco in the Valley for $150k. I was surprised when an influencer said how much a house in a basic neighborhood cost
[/QUOTE]
Well don’t come and look at wages in France, my daughter who is studying to become a lawyer, which means 7 years at uni and law school after the Baccalauréat will only earn 1400/1600€ a month when starting!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Changing topics…did anyone notice that in Claire’s knitwear haul she didn’t disclose her ad/paid partnership with Lilly Silk?! That really pissed me off. Don’t run around pretending like you can buy Birkin and Kellys without issue and not disclose that you get paid to advertise. That is infuriating. 😡🤬

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Changing topics…did anyone notice that in Claire’s knitwear haul she didn’t disclose her ad/paid partnership with Lilly Silk?! TThat really pissed me off. Don’t run around pretending like you can buy Birkin and Kellys without issue and not disclose that you get paid to advertise. That is infuriating. 😡🤬
She never discloses anything. Look at the disclaimer she puts at the bottom of all her videos. Everything is PR unless stated otherwise. You can’t be any more smug than that.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
I hopped over here because I saw Claire had finished (re-) decorating a property and was wondering if it is (a) the house in Essex? (b) the Apartment in Chelsea? or (c) a new property?
Or…. I could just look back over YT, Insta etc. but I’m kinda lazy and short of time.
Can anyone catch me up please?

Reactions: 1
ummmm..... did she really say she didn't measure for any of that expensive T.O. furniture? My eyes hurt just looking at the layout of TWO dining sets and 3 giant couches in one room (and one of the tables fricking lights up!). She just ordered it like she was placing an H&M order... click click click. As a professional interior designer, my opinion of what I've seen of the addition and everything in it is HORRIBLE! I shudder to think what it will look like with MASSIVE crown moulding. She made a HUGE mistake on that expensive kitchen counter... it's so thin!

And getting the popcorn out for the diy on the closet doors... clamsheawwww claire strikes again. TACKY 🍿 🍿 🍿

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Bloody hell, please ignore my last post. Tried to edit it and failed miserably

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I like the lounge furniture - I like Timothy Oulton - but one piece here and there - what she's shown is that money does not buy taste or class. The fur sofa does not go with the button back one, I think both are nice but in different surroundings. The fur one is totally not practical with a toddler and two dogs, she should put the fur stuff and the fur dining chairs in a dining room with the light up table and mirror, they should not be in a room a baby plays in, and the mirrors seem just to be propped against the wall atm - hopefully once it's all painted they will be put up properly.

Her biggest mistake has been the marble panelling in the kitchen and the worktop. You do not use marble in a kitchen, maybe on a wall or splashback but not on a work surface. That is why there are so many different marble substitutes and quartz made to look like marble, because it is durable and hardwearing, whereas marble is porous and stains easily. But she will learn, and no doubt replace it. And whoever did it obviously gave her a spiel that she believed and she didn't take care to make sure the veins matched up on all the panels. I have a huge island and all my splash backs and counter tops are in marble style quartz and when they were put in they were cut to size, no joins anywhere, huge pieces, not a single join and all the veins match up! She really is a dumb fool!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.