Chupi Sweetman

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't believe she still has her 8 month old, who is well able to sit up, still in that little bedside crib! It's so dangerous!

Reactions: 1
I can't believe she still has her 8 month old, who is well able to sit up, still in that little bedside crib! It's so dangerous!
Regular, non organic cots are so hideous dontcha know 😉 I'm surprised Aya still fits in it! Chupi strikes me as someone who doesn't really keep up with safe sleep guidelines, not out of ignorance or malice but just because she has to do things her own way.

I wonder is the gold cot even safe for sleeping in. The bars look kinda far apart, maybe it's just for show and she has yet to find an aesthetically sufficient cot that adheres the safety requirements! But yeh that side crib is way to small for her now. A baby who rolls and can sit by themselves should not be in one. I kept mine in one for 5 months and even though he wasn't sitting up by himself I knew I was pushing it!

I have been so cynical for a while about some of the stories. Who are these women buying themselves 5 grand rings because they got a new job or their boyfriend broke up with them?! Get a bleeping haircut like the rest of us!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I’d call major bullshit on 99% of their stories. I know it’s just part of their schtick but the “magic” shite is so overdone.

Reactions: 7
Even the "magic" of the handwritten card today. I just find her sickly sweet. A lot of people keep handwritten cards and notes. I dont know why she is so surprised her mother kept it.

And a lot of her favorite cards look so new. One is even in the plastic. I have notes from my schoolfriend that died when she was 16. I have recipes handwritten by my aunt who died far too young over a decade ago. I have countless notes and birthday cards from over the years as do most people.

I find her obession with heirlooms which is part of their branding in Chupi odd. I feel with her everything has to have additional meaning. Her jewellery cant just be normal jewellery. Heirlooms become heirlooms because of their meaning you dont create them Chupi. Your customers create them with their memories. I have a 15e euro ring I bought in Argos over 20 years that my best friend who passed away coincidentally had the same one. It was given to her as a gift. The gift giver had a mutual connection to both of us which was unknown to us before my friends death. The ring was cheap and is battered from daily wear but its a heirloom to me. Something doesnt have to cost hundreds or thousands of euro and be handmade to become an heirloom. I feel she justifies her prices by making out they are heirlooms.

Edited to add I'm sure that is the type of story she would love to have with Chupi rings but its good ol Elizabeth Duke from the Argos catalogue. I was probably 11 or 12 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
That's lovely to have something that will always remind you of your friend.
And agree, you cant sell something and call it a heirloom, that's not how it works!

Reactions: 3
I saw on her instagram that they are hiring a tonne of people, I've heard some questionable things about working there has anyone else?

I don’t know about the working for her, but she was in the acorns group lead women business thing that enterprise Ireland do as a start up (good few years ago she is now part of it as a business women) but my friend was in the same group and part of the project the 6 women all visited each other’s workplace / HQ etc. Chupi was the only one of the group who kept sharing tips and tricks to a minimum and the rest of the group are still friends except for her. I remember my friend being so excited the day she was going to see chupi HQ but ended up being a let down.

I’ve nothing to say about Chupi as a person but oh my god the PRICE of her jewellery- it’s sickening. It’s about twice or three times the price of other modern jewellery. She’s charging an absolute fortune for lab grown diamonds, grey, flawed diamonds (fair enough if you like grey diamonds but omg do not price them what you’d pay for a quality white diamond somewhere else) and minuscule gold flimsy chains. I even saw recently she was selling a tiny, gold plated ring for the guts of €200. I honestly don’t know how anyone could live with themselves charging those kind of prices. This is not a criticism of the jewellery itself, but the absolute cheek of the prices she’s charging for that jewellery. I’d be embarrassed x

Reactions: 6
I’ve nothing to say about Chupi as a person but oh my god the PRICE of her jewellery- it’s sickening. It’s about twice or three times the price of other modern jewellery. She’s charging an absolute fortune for lab grown diamonds, grey, flawed diamonds (fair enough if you like grey diamonds but omg do not price them what you’d pay for a quality white diamond somewhere else) and minuscule gold flimsy chains. I even saw recently she was selling a tiny, gold plated ring for the guts of €200. I honestly don’t know how anyone could live with themselves charging those kind of prices. This is not a criticism of the jewellery itself, but the absolute cheek of the prices she’s charging for that jewellery. I’d be embarrassed x
Agree about her cost of grey diamonds, absolutely outrageous. Lab grown diamonds are the exact same as "real" diamonds though, just grown in a lab from a tiny bit of diamond instead of being mined from nature. So they're not of any lesser quality. I think her prices for all of her diamonds are totally crazy. I almost went there for my engagement ring but decided not to in the end and I'm so glad. I got a ring I love for a much better price elsewhere, and it's not the same as loads of others.

Reactions: 3
Agree about her cost of grey diamonds, absolutely outrageous. Lab grown diamonds are the exact same as "real" diamonds though, just grown in a lab from a tiny bit of diamond instead of being mined from nature. So they're not of any lesser quality. I think her prices for all of her diamonds are totally crazy. I almost went there for my engagement ring but decided not to in the end and I'm so glad. I got a ring I love for a much better price elsewhere, and it's not the same as loads of others.
They might be the same physical structure but they’re much much cheaper to source and process (for obvious reasons). That should be reflected in the price - every other jeweller will charge significantly less for lab diamonds, for this reason.

Reactions: 7
I used to like the vibe, the magic Schhhtick but it’s totally overdone now
And her pieces are way overpriced
Also I hated the ugly twig branch ring on some of the lovely ring pieces
Turned me off

• Heart
Reactions: 4
They might be the same physical structure but they’re much much cheaper to source and process (for obvious reasons). That should be reflected in the price - every other jeweller will charge significantly less for lab diamonds, for this reason.
Yes, agree, I thought you were saying they weren't as good as traditional diamonds, physically, and that's why she should charge less.

I dunno about the work environment, but I know that she underpays for some of her marketing staff if her job adverts are anything to go by...

Reactions: 2
Pretty sure I saw her house for sale on daft... Close but def not within the 2km walking distance she mentioned when they were walking into powerscount last April