Chupi Sweetman

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sequins
Aya Squeaking
Can’t believe I’m someone with a vagina who pays tax....
Sequins
Dogs
Sequins
Aya in a woolly hat

Repeat and repeat 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don’t think she actually has any style, as everything is always so mismatched looking and the shoes at the end of an outfit are just an afterthought.

Also, as someone who has struggled with my own fertility, I find it difficult to see the constant Aya content. I get that she’s so delighted to have her baby after the years of struggle, I’m happy for her and it gives hope to see her success.

Reactions: 4
I don’t know was this mentioned , by did you hear her podcast with EveryMum from a few weeks ago ?
I actually found myself telling the radio to shut up when she spoke . She didn’t let the interviewer speak at all and it was awkward to listen to

Reactions: 1
I'm guessing Chupi's mam's side of the family come from serious money if Chupi's grandparents were given a (large) house in the Phoenix Park when they got married and she herself grew up in some big house in the Wicklow mountains... (She mentioned her childhood home on stories a few months ago and I did some googling).

Reactions: 3
I had to unfollow this one, shes a bit of a dose. I'd love to iron all her dresses for her🥴 also I I dunno why but I'd say her clothes/house smells of mothballs or damp🙈😬

Reactions: 8
I dont follow her either but every now and then have a look at her stories. In her story today where is says she is "off to a market" her accent is so grating! It's like she says "uf to a market". She sounds so pretentious!

Someone has just called her out for advertising a 100 euro cardigan for a baby. Surprised it doesn’t happen more to be honest. She is so wealthy! Chupi makes millions of euros of profit a year but she’s always pretending to be skint.

Reactions: 5
100 euro for a kids cardigan is crazy even if it is handmade and merino wool. She can be so condescending but the reality is you can get beautiful hand knitted cardigans much cheaper.

I do hate how she can be so cheap with some things like a buggy which would be used for years and passed on to a relative or friend afterwards but then a cardi she will pay top dollar for. It just doesnt match up. A lot of shops in Ireland are small family run shops. They dont all need to sell handmade stuff to be worthy of support!

Reactions: 6
She didn’t advertise it, she just linked it
She provided a swipe up and it's her cousins shop so it's an ad as it can be without it being a "paid partnership".

Her outrage at be called an influencer is telling. There doesnt necessarily need to be money exchanged to be an influencer!

Reactions: 1
I do hate how she can be so cheap with some things like a buggy which would be used for years and passed on to a relative or friend afterwards but then a cardi she will pay top dollar for
This is the best point that has been made!!! Surely she could've found an Irish business to support there too?

Edited to add:
So her point yesterday was that it was better to buy one expensive handmade item then 10 fast fashion items but then today comes on her grid and says she has reworn her fast fashion skirt many times. So couldn't a child rewear one "fast fashion" item many times and save the family a fortune on money. She was such a superior air about her. 🙄

I think she has a lack of awareness of how people are doing at the moment and the financial situation people find themselves in. She has clearly grown up in privilege and maybe has very little contact with the outside world due to being home schooled etc. I’m not sure she understands why people react in such ways. She is entitled to do what she wants for her baby but at the same time, there is no need to show it off.

Reactions: 7
Her messaging is a bit all over the place tbh.
If you have the money to spend on something like that, work away; I'm sure some of her followers do.
In an ideal world, of course it's better to buy something of higher quality that will last and can be handed down numerous times.
But a lot of families have no choice but to use fast fashion, as it's the only option budget-wise.
I don't think families that have to make that choice should be made to feel bad that they are promoting slave labour, or anything of the sort.

I wouldn't be following Chupi to get "relatable" content - she's a multi-millionaire, from a very privileged background; she will only be relatable to a very select cohort.

I don't think she takes criticism very well, I'm going to guess that she'll pass comment on "not being an influencer" whenever she posts a link or recommends something from now on. If you're on a public insta, with a sizeable following, and are recommending items... you're influencing gal!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I would love to be able to have all heirloom pieces for my baby instead of fast fashion but it just isn't feasible for 99% of new mams. I always knew she grew up with money but a couple of her posts recently have just shown how unrelatable her life really is to most peoples.

Does anyone know anything about her background? Does she just have family money on both sides or something else?

She showed her grandparents old home recently which was some beautiful old home near the Phoenix park so I’m guessing wealth factors in. I think both of her parents were journalists and travelled the world as a young married couple, hence her unusual name. I have no problem with people coming from money or with people buying their kids expensive things at all, it’s your money and your choice. But I do think becoming defensive about it is the wrong tack to take. As someone said above, many people don’t have the choice between investment heirloom pieces and fast fashion.