Chupi Sweetman

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My baby is several months older than hers and is so wriggly when I am changing him. She bought a beautiful Irish artisan handmade bla bla bla changing basket with a material cushion in it as a changing mat. All I could think of is the smears of baby poo on the cushion, like do you wash it every time you use it? I appreciate not all items I buy are stunning or handmade but sometimes things need to be practical, or wipeable!

Reactions: 2
I can't decide if I like Chupi or not. What she has done building her business is admirable for sure but I don't find her very relatable.

Small business marketing 101 is let people see the face behind the brand, it humanizes the business and is supposed to make people feel more connected to the brand, you aren't just buying from some faceless corporation. Imagine what her stories/feed would look like without her on them, it would just be pictures of rings which isn't very engaging. The vast majority of her customers will be women, that is why she pushes the girl power thing, women empowering women thing.

Her jewellery is very pretty imo but it out of my price range these days. Heirloom or not I can't justify spending 1000s on a gift to me from me like so many of her customers seem to.

Reactions: 3
I have a chupi engagement ring which I absolutely adore and the Instagram team contacted me to ask if I wanted to share my story so I assume the stories are real? I'm too shy for that so can't say for sure as I didn't share mine 🙈

• Wow
Reactions: 4
She definitely has a superiority complex of some sort. Having an uncommon name doesn’t make you some special angel who’s better than everyone else!
Everything she says is just tone deaf and self centred. Celebrating and broadcasting your success and incredibly lucky life in the middle of a pandemic is not the kind of content anyone wants or needs to see. Give it a rest.

She definitely has a superiority complex of some sort. Having an uncommon name doesn’t make you some special angel who’s better than everyone else!
Everything she says is just tone deaf and self centred. Celebrating and broadcasting your success and incredibly lucky life in the middle of a pandemic is not the kind of content anyone wants or needs to see. Give it a rest.
without sounding like a dope here...is her name chupi????

I googled it and it is her real name.

From her website:

Is Chupi Sweetman Pell actually my real name?
It’s the first question everyone asks me! And the answer is yes. I’m far too Irish to be able to invent a name for myself. My wonderful parents have to squarely take the blame for my name being Chupi Sweetman-Pell

What does Chupi mean?
There isn’t a proper translation of Chupi but it is used as a term of endearment in South America to mean little one, sweetie or baby, kind of like the way we would say macushla in Irish or babushka in Russian. My Mum heard women say it to tiny babies and children, so when she held me in her arms she called me Chupi and decided it was meant to be.

Macushla does mean sweetheart or darling in Irish but babushka in Russian is an elderly woman or Grandmother.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I googled it and it is her real name.

My wonderful parents have to squarely take the blame for my name being Chupi Sweetman-Pell
Interesting because she usually shades her Dad at any opportunity.

Reactions: 1
Interesting because she usually shades her Dad at any opportunity.
Really? I havent seen that. What did she say?

I did see recently that she said her parents seperated when she was very young and he lives in the UK and she has half siblings (i think she said brothers) but they are very private.

Really? I havent seen that. What did she say?

I did see recently that she said her parents seperated when she was very young and he lives in the UK and she has half siblings (i think she said brothers) but they are very private.
Yeah her parents divorced and he has another family that she doesn’t share. She was raised by her ultra feminist mother (one of Ireland’s most notable). That whole earthy manic pixie thing she does, is just her naturally. You would be if you were raised and homeschooled in the Wicklow mountains

Reactions: 3
I wonder why her parents chose to homeschool her. I'd imagine it was incredibly rare back then.
She’s said it previously, she had a few serious food allergies that she grew out of. She and her brother published an allergy friendly cookery book when they were teenagers.

Surprising that she never puts any recipes or really even mentions food on her personal page.

I found this article today:

Of course she got a B in Economics for her Leaving Cert without even studying for it!

maybe she went to proper nutritionist when she grew up and got proper dietary advice.

• Haha
Wow that article makes the whole family sound incredibly smug! I'm not sure how you just grow out of serious allergies to dairy, wheat, gluten, yeast and sugar... Seems bizarre.

Sequined earth mother 🤣🤣 I think she’s in for a rude awakening when baby will want all the coloured plastic shite possible over her wooden toys.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Her story the other day about Aya preferring a "hideous" bear with colourful buttons from her granny instead of Chupi's "Scandi wooden toys" 🙄🙄🙄. Kids love colour and noise and different textures Chupi, it's literally how their brains develop! Mother of God.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think it’s a bit insensitive how she posts about her baby on her business page - especially since she has also had a tough path to have her baby.

I think it’s a bit insensitive how she posts about her baby on her business page - especially since she has also had a tough path to have her baby.
I find it very unprofessional but I find that in general with the Chupi instagram page. There is way too much of Chupi and her life on the businesses social media.