Christmas! What I’m doing, eating, opening, giving right now!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Drinking tea, watching James Martin and resisting the urge to sleep off the hangover from hell🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Anyone else realise how misogynistic Christmas is? At my parents and all the women are cleaning / cooking whilst the men just sit around on their backside.
It was like that with my family back home but isn't like this where I am now. People actually need to step up and say something and tell the men in their life to contribute. It won't change otherwise.

We just had our prawn cocktail and smoked salmon starters with prosecco after opening presents. Now time for a walk while the turkey is in the oven 😊🎄

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Anyone else realise how misogynistic Christmas is? At my parents and all the women are cleaning / cooking whilst the men just sit around on their backside.
My dad does all the cooking!
Just facetimed my sister and she has a glass of wine while her husband cooks the dinner.

Reactions: 5
My toddler’s finally napping after sensory overload this morning, husband just finished dinner so have had to transfer her from our usual nap spot downstairs back up to her cot, can’t believe it’s been a success tbh 🙏🏻

Really don’t like roasts or big dinners so dreading the food ngl

Came for a walk a nearby pretty village and found the pubs is open. It’s rammed and nice atmosphere inside which is brill. Home later to watch a film and then cook the roast. Just me and Mr LeChat as we saw in laws yesterday. I actually love a small Xmas where we can do what the hell we want

• Heart
Didn’t expect one but still a little sad I didn’t get an engagement ring ☹ Grateful for the presents I did get but I see everyone else on social media getting engaged and it’s still not me

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Didn’t expect one but still a little sad I didn’t get an engagement ring ☹ Grateful for the presents I did get but I see everyone else on social media getting engaged and it’s still not me
I’d hate a Christmas proposal anyway! I’d prefer a random day personally. Everybody gets engaged on Christmas 😴

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Haven't eaten yet, I'm fasting. Good job the food won't be ready for another hour or so, then I'll wait for mine to cool down. Turkey, stuffing balls, Yorkshire puddings, roasted veg, pigs in blankets, roast potatoes in goose fat, and a load of thick red wine gravy all over. 😍😄 Won't eat anything else until I eat some cheese tonight, and maybe a handful of chocolate truffles.

Merry Christmas!

Please help - cooked a chicken, took it out and let it rest. Serving it up and it’s not fully cooked. It’s been out of the oven for a while - is it safe to just chuck it back in?

I’m alone so don’t matter what the chicken looks like. Thanks in advance.

Haven’t eaten. Haven’t opened presents. Covid stopped all my family travelling. I also know there’s nothing under the tree for me because my family had Covid leading up to Christmas and all said they didn’t have time to shop 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m sat alone drinking a bottle of mulled wine flicking through the tv 🤣🍺

• Sad
Gave myself a headache playing the games on Google Santa tracker last night. Went to bed earlier than usual not feeling great. Didn't get up until 1pm. Feeling better now though. Had vegan wreath for lunch. Partner has his dinner in the oven now - from what I can gather he's having chicken of some description, vegetables and pigs in blankets filled yorkshire puddings. We will go for a walk later. Had a nice letter from a friend we haven't seen since before lockdown number one.

Reactions: 3
Merry Christmas!

Please help - cooked a chicken, took it out and let it rest. Serving it up and it’s not fully cooked. It’s been out of the oven for a while - is it safe to just chuck it back in?

I’m alone so don’t matter what the chicken looks like. Thanks in advance.
Yes it will be fine, just make sure it's heated through thoroughly (which I'm sure it will be anyway if it needs cooking longer). You could always give it a quick thirty second blast in the microwave once you've carved it just to make extra sure.

• Heart
2nd baileys of the day with cream mixed in 🤤 no calorie counting today lol. Doing my makeup now for dinner and games !

20211225_152344.jpg

He’d say no 🙃 and I’m just a traditionalist and that’s just not how I think it should be 😅
Why would he say no ?? Don't settle for any man ! How long are ye together?

• Heart