Christmas! What I’m doing, eating, opening, giving right now!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We need a tattle union,
I’m not assuming we’re all female but the fact we’ve all spent the day cleaning and cooking and getting stressed,
Baby Jesus needs to get off his ass and sort this gender/roll/household position imbalance out 😕

kids should be doing the cleaning, the under fives have such tiny fingers they can get in the corners perfectly….

ive only seen some really tragic pound shop ones that belong in a tip not on a Christmas table this year…
Like the type you wouldn’t even bother recycling, you’d just dump them in a skip or something.
fly tipping is totally acceptable on tat.
Someone was selling some luxury ones on my selling group 6 for £10 . You had to build them yourself, they come with a hat, snap and you have to put your own gift in. Could not quite get my head around that if I'm honest. I thought the luxury part would be the gift so you are paying extra to put your own gift in 🤔

Im now sat drinking my one coffee of the day then getting ready to spend the day with my daughter and the children. A vegan Christmas. Very strange for this carnivore. but its not as bad as it sounds, its actually very nice,

Merry Christmas to you all I hope you all have a wonderful day or at the very least don't kill anyone.

Oh and my son who I've not seen for so long told me he has booked to come here for new year a scot leaving Scotland on NYE has to be a new one. what a great present for me though

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Had a good time out for a meal last night, seven of us, all family. Today just me and Mr H and we're looking forward to seeing a few friends in our local for a quick drink today while the turkey 🦃 roasts. Boxing day I have my brood for the day. Table already set, along with crackers. Looking forward. 💃🍷🌲🎉

Wishing you all a fab Xmas ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Merry Christmas!! I’m currently lying in bed while my toddler is still asleep. It’s his second Christmas this year! So excited! He still probs doesn’t know what’s going on but it’s nice isn’t it!

last night my fella had a mental breakdown putting a red and yellow little tikes car together whilst I got tipsy off 1 big glass of cheeky vimto (port and wkd) 🥂

• Heart
I had a lovely and relaxing day yesterday. Made some puff pastry Christmas trees with pesto and losts of cheese, watched A Boy Called Christmas, opened a couple of 🎁.

Today, I'm planning to have another relaxing day, play some random game with my husband and cuddle with my cats and dogs.

Merry Christmas 🎄 🎅

Reactions: 7
Merry Christmas.

Presents are under the tree, dogs are asleep next to me. Veggies are prepped. And the drier is on 🤣🤣 (seriously had to do washing cos I'm at work again tomorrow 🙄)

Have a wonderful day everyone, don't put too much pressure on yourselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It has started! Marry Christmas tattlers hope you all have a wonderful day and if its not going to be wonderful at least bearable ❤
I've burnt 8 rashers of bacon already, let's see how i go with this years turkey. Track record not good.

• Heart
Merry Christmas! In xmas pjs with a box of celebrations and a cup of tea and just booked a PCR test for tomorrow as we have a positive antigen test in the house :rolleyes: Has cast a touch of a shadow over the day but still going hard with the biggest dinner the world has ever seen with the dishwasher on overdrive for most of the day. Have a lovely day one and all🎅

• Heart
Reactions: 8
merry christmas! 😊

this year i am away from home/family, with my boyfriend's family in germany. he's snoring next to me in bed currently 😅

they celebrate even more on christmas eve than christmas day so yesterday we had a huge feast and opened presents. i got a life supply of after eights 😅😴

it was exciting to do the gift opening the way they do it, in the evening of christmas eve and one by one present, although i can't remember many of my presents now!

his grandparents are quite old and his grandma is getting very forgetful and senile, and she doesn't seem to understand the concept of me not speaking german fluently so she keeps talking to me as if i understand her 😄 she also keeps touching my hair and saying it's nice which annoys me but oh well!

going to get up in 15 and get ready to head out for a christmas brunch, which is another christmas tradition of theirs. and before that a christmassy covid test because a covid pass is not enough here for a restaurant 😅

have a beautiful day everyone! here's a snowy pic from me:

E1749D98-F44E-4595-AC1D-6C15852100AD.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
In the living room unboxing the new toys for our daughter, it’s a very chilled morning to say she is 4! She woke up at 9 and forgot it’s Christmas until we mentioned it, she was more bothered about having breakfast 😆

Going to my sisters later where we will be with my brother & parents too. Hope you all have a nice day 🎄

Reactions: 9
European partner so we had our dinner on Xmas eve, opened present before mid night, now having a chill Saturday. Going to drown ourselves in cheese

Reactions: 4
Anyone else realise how misogynistic Christmas is? At my parents and all the women are cleaning / cooking whilst the men just sit around on their backside.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Merry Christmas! Can’t wait to read about the gifts later…. 🥂😂🎄
I can’t wait to hear about all the naughty things Whitty has bought you 😉

Anyway, Merry Christmas! I had Buck’s Fizz for breakfast!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Anyone else realise how misogynistic Christmas is? At my parents and all the women are cleaning / cooking whilst the men just sit around on their backside.
Not in this household. However, the men help out throughout the year so maybe that's the difference

Currently finished a brunch cooked by my Dad and finishing bits for Christmas Dinner (not lunch)

And opening.... nothing lol my brothers kids got little gifts for school and books. But nothing extravagant we say that for when they do well at school.

Reactions: 5
Just had the first argument of Christmas, husband pissed off because I took all the maltesers out of the celebrations tubs and ate them, they are the only ones I like 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
I’ve unblocked the toilet. My kids seem to throw toilet rolls down for no reason 🤨
Sad to say it but it’s very rewarding to use a wire hanger and see the toilet water lever go back to normal!!
I felt like Beat Grylls !! 🤣

• Haha