Christmas! What I’m doing, eating, opening, giving right now!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am LOVING the comments on this thread and seeing what everyone is doing but….

this is quite possibly in the top ten “WTF” comments I’ve read all year. 😂

I have nothing to do with the site decorations btw, you haven’t hurt me by disrespecting my personal ice collection, but I do worry you’ve been inhaling cleaning fluids all day or you’re really stressed because you can’t honestly be complaining about this 🤣 they really are telling the truth when they say some people are never happy 😂
Elsa is bleeping pissed….
Nah but they have a point could have done a cute lil tree 🎄 or santa hats 🎅 😀

Reactions: 2
Also watched the holiday but about to go to bed. Have spent my day in the kitchen doing all the prep which should hopefully make tomorrow easy. Potato dauphinois, cheesy leeks, homemade stuffing all cooked, veg, Yorkshire puds and pigs in blankets prepped and ready to cook, plus I've steamed the duck (Nigellas method) so it just needs to crisp up tomorrow and I've laid the table. I've not opened any presents yet but I'm looking forward to some surprised tomorrow.

Reactions: 4
Currently mainlining Celebrations with a glass of wine and reading my book. Youngest (18) downstairs with me on his PS with his mates, oldest (21) isn't very well so went to bed earlier. Husband knackered so also in bed.
We had a buffet earlier and watched Top Gear special and 8 out of 10 cats does countdown together. Having a quiet day tomorrow, just us four. x

Reactions: 2
My other half and step son went ice skating today, I’d rather eat my eye, so I stayed at home with the dog, it’s a wonderful life and a bottle of baileys doing a really crappy job wrapping presents
Boyfriend came home, we ordered a big massive curry and I stuck a couple of bottles of mulled wine in the slow cooker and we worked our way through that and watched the grinch
Just stuck some tan on half pissed, can’t wait to see how badly that turns out tomorrow…

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I have aristocats pyjamas, I was bullied into watching outbreak (1995) by my father - that festive classic 🙄 made myself anxious… ate a curry… got a book as an early Christmas present - ‘the cat who saved books’. No fighting in this household but I fully expect to be dragged around the house on the smallest brother’s go-kart by 8am 😁 beep beep tattle witches!

• Haha
Ok. Well I had loads of mulled wine earlier. Sobered up and now can’t find the sellotape !!

• Haha
Trying to get my 7 week old twins to sleep so me and my husband can have an Xmas eve nightcap together in peace 😅

merry Xmas everyone 🎄

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I had a lot of cheese, some prosecco then watched a Christmas episode of Friday Night Dinner. Now I'm tracking Santa on google 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I had Buck’s Fizz classy bird me then moved onto cocktails . We had picky bits from M & S - DH is downstairs watching Gomorrah - too violent for me we watched Elf earlier . No Santa but 12 year old still awake will wait for him to nod off then do Santa . In Xmas pjs and can’t wait to go to bed as i got new bedding . Merry Xmas all 🍸

The nicest parts about Christmas so far, is being given some goodies from work including a bottle of prosecco.
I also had a nice half of cider with my partner, at a local pub today.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I’m actually sitting crying into my wine glass. I’ve done absolutely everything for Christmas. Ive done all the shopping bought for our 3 kids, my family & my husbands family. My husband hasn’t handed me a penny for this. His only contribution to Christmas is cooking for everyone. I actually don’t mind doing It all it’s the money side that really bothers me. I have been fighting with him for a months over this. I have argued till I’m blue in the face like it’s just not normal that it falls to me evert year. My kids wouldn’t have much if it wasn’t for me. We both work but my husband is a high earner & is a miserable f#&cker. Its Christmas Eve & I’m just thinking I want a divorce. I have a beautiful home three wonderful kids & I’m feeling so unhappy 😞

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
I’m actually sitting crying into my wine glass. I’ve done absolutely everything for Christmas. Ive done all the shopping bought for our 3 kids, my family & my husbands family. My husband hasn’t handed me a penny for this. His only contribution to Christmas is cooking for everyone. I actually don’t mind doing It all it’s the money side that really bothers me. I have been fighting with him for a months over this. I have argued till I’m blue in the face like it’s just not normal that it falls to me evert year. My kids wouldn’t have much if it wasn’t for me. We both work but my husband is a high earner & is a miserable f#&cker. Its Christmas Eve & I’m just thinking I want a divorce. I have a beautiful home three wonderful kids & I’m feeling so unhappy 😞
Don’t buy for your husbands family next year. That takes the p.

Reactions: 18
Merry Christmas everyone!

I'm sitting on the deck of a gorgeous little rented cottage on Waiheke Island (New Zealand), a bottle of lemonade at my side, and basking in the gorgeous afternoon sun. We've only just finished cleaning up ... we had a massive lunch for 20 (all friends / friends-of-friends) and it has been one of the best Christmases ever ... no BS family stuff; no fighting; just GREAT fun. I met some interesting new people, and learned a heap about things I've never heard of.

Gift-wise, we each agreed to a budget of $100 to buy a really nice gift for someone (not knowing who it was for in advance). The person who got my present was absolutely chuffed (some cool headphones with a built-in radio ... were $199 but I got them half-price in the Black Friday sales), so that was a pretty good feeling. I got two huge bottles of Aesop handwash - very posh! - so am thrilled.

I wish all Christmases were as good as this one.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Merry Christmas 🎅

I'm currently drinking Baileys while guarding all the presents, my son has autism and would likely wake, open everyones presents and then wake us to tell us what he's found.
So far he hasn't woken once but I'm quite happy watching cheesy hallmark style Christmas films in peace 😂

Hope everyone has a wonderful day 🎅🎄

• Heart
I’m sat on the sofa eating cold pizza whilst the house is in silence - all 3 kids have been up in the night so I’m enjoying this bit of peace!