Christmas Watch 2022 #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just got an email from grum which mentions what products to buy e.g. tricky teenagers with 50% off.
I have had a shampo bar from them which I liked and their products are good for travel and not taking up a lot of room
https://d3k81ch9hvuctc.cloudfront.net/company/RRnJGH/images/e3a0d36c-e49a-4e46-95a7-b14df92eb969.png
For tricky teenagers
(WAS £29 NOW £14.50)

The perfect intro to a skincare routine - this gift set is ideal for picky teenagers at that hard-to-buy-for age. Our kÿra Gentle Face Wash, pür Gentle Moisturiser and gösta Rejuvenating Facial Tonic work to battle common skincare complaints, all while being gentle on the skin.

Shop now

What's your budget?

Fake or real?
I dunno, I mean I’m basing my opinion on those I saw in the garden centre for like £40 and I was like absolutely not

I normally have a fake one but I binned it last year as it was destroyed (I’d had it a while to be fair)

Not sure if I should post this in Christmas Spending or here....

What should I buy my 14yo niece? I usually spend about £20. Don't see that much of her because they live at the other end of the country so hard to keep track of what she's into.
Lush springs to mind. They do nice little gift sets

I dunno, I mean I’m basing my opinion on those I saw in the garden centre for like £40 and I was like absolutely not

I normally have a fake one but I binned it last year as it was destroyed (I’d had it a while to be fair)

Lush springs to mind. They do nice little gift sets
B&Q and The Range have nice ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Saw the Aldi advert for the first time this morning haha brilliant!

We were talking favourite Christmas films in the office yesterday and I’m another one for Muppets Christmas Carol.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I was thinking about buying a small real potted tree this year and putting it on a wooden stool in the corner of the living room. And wrapping the pot with the paper from a primark christmas paper bag

• Heart
Christmas with the Kranks is my all time fave Christmas film! 🥰
I really love Christmas with the Kranks. When it was released I went to the cinema on my own to see it as everyone else was busy the day I was free. It was quite weird sitting in the cinema on my own, in my twenties, surrounded by families. It was the first time I'd done an activity like that on my own rather than with friends and I still remember how much I enjoyed the trip and how festive it made me feel. 🎅🎄🎄

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I was thinking about buying a small real potted tree this year and putting it on a wooden stool in the corner of the living room. And wrapping the pot with the paper from a primark christmas paper bag
This is what my mum did last year.

Her flat isn't big enough for her to store a fake tree so she got a little potted one from asda for about £20 popped it on a stool and wrapped the pot.

It looked (and smelt) lovely!

Bought some more Christmas presents/food today almost done now just need to buy the fresh food nearer the day.

Reactions: 4
Made a huge dent in my Christmas gifts this week and have quite a few wrapped as well. Also watched the new Lyndsey Lohan Christmas movie and it was just OK.

Anyone know where I can get a decent wreath that doesn’t cost the earth?
I’m going to a wreath class night on Monday with my friend could you book on to one? Primark had some nice ones that were pretty reasonable the range also did. Depends what your wanting I think they seem to have gone up (like everything ) with a bang this year especially in garden centres/people making them!!

Bought some more Christmas presents/food today almost done now just need to buy the fresh food nearer the day.
Wish I was 🫠 I don’t even know what is up with me this year I’m blaming it on my 13yo🤣. My 6yo is about done now just need a few more stocking fillers/sweets then she’s done.

What should I buy my 14yo niece? I usually spend about £20. Don't see that much of her because they live at the other end of the country so hard to keep track of what she's into.
lush or the body shop for gift sets
the ordinary / cerave / paula's choice for skincare
glossier for makeup - they usually have black friday deals and atm you get a free blush and 10% off when you sign up
papier - diary or stationery esp. for the new year
(gel) nail kit
perfume or body spray
urban outfitters is usually good for teen gifts (maybe look there for inspo though as they can get quite pricey)
skincare / self care add ons - jade roller, eye mask, aromatherapy candle or diffuser with oils
slippers

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Can I make a confession? I’ve never actually seen the movie Elf 😂 my peers are outraged
I wouldn’t bother if I was you. I’m not saying it’s shite but I’m not, not saying that.

Revolution do nice gift sets with makeup and brushes. They’re really good quality for the price.

• Haha
  • Wow
Bloom and wild also sell half trees delivered. Think your idea would be cute.

I wouldn’t bother if I was you. I’m not saying it’s shite but I’m not, not saying that.

1668801110412.png

Based on that image alone. I might not be helping

Anyone else going to these lengths? Personally love the way the "family" decorated:

1668801231410.png

1668801382782.png

1668801448375.png

How many lights do you need for this?

1668801572943.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Bloom and wild also sell half trees delivered. Think your idea would be cute.

View attachment 1741467

Based on that image alone. I might not be helping

Anyone else going to these lengths? Personally love the way the "family" decorated:

View attachment 1741473

View attachment 1741476

View attachment 1741483
The thing you ask as an adult is, why, given they were going away for Christmas, did they even bother going all out decorating for Christmas. At least you don't need stockings on the fireplace.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
lush or the body shop for gift sets
the ordinary / cerave / paula's choice for skincare
glossier for makeup - they usually have black friday deals and atm you get a free blush and 10% off when you sign up
papier - diary or stationery esp. for the new year
(gel) nail kit
perfume or body spray
urban outfitters is usually good for teen gifts (maybe look there for inspo though as they can get quite pricey)
skincare / self care add ons - jade roller, eye mask, aromatherapy candle or diffuser with oils
slippers
Urban outfitters Is my daughters favourite. They usually have good offers on around Black Friday. Infact this week they’ve had ‘up to’ 30% off different things every day. Some of the little Christmas gifts they sell you can get wayyy cheaper else where I always Google.

Thanks for suggestions for my neice. I ended up getting a few bits from Kiko cos there was buy 3 get 3 free deal yesterday. Mascara, primer, Lip tint, couple of eyeshadows (may have also bought myself something 🤣🤣)

• Heart
not sure if this is new / since the rebrand from itvhub to itvx but there's a xmas movies channel on there now!
1668809941412.png

• Heart