Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MrsLucas

VIP Member
Agree, in our family we see Boxing Day as basically another Christmas Day and I presume most other families do too.
yesss…over the last few years though a few shops have decided to close Boxing Day. People think retail is a walk in the park but it’s really stressful especially on the run up to Christmas. I worked for topshop for a few years while I was at uni and had a toddler 🤪. I dreaded Boxing Day back then I dreaded leaving my little girl more though. I know many people have to work over Christmas I’ve worked christmases with my job before I left this year. My husband runs his own business and he’s on calL 247. I just think retail should close the doors for one extra day.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

I_Like_Tractors

VIP Member
You have a spreadsheet for Christmas? Wow that sounds like heaven for me
I agree it’s nice to walk around the shops worry free as I find it really overwhelming around December. The crowd stresses me out
Browsing with no obligation to join the queue 🙌

I have a Christmas tab on my spreadsheet of life ™ it just makes the planning so much easier, everyone is marked red amber or green depending on whether I've finished buying for them*

*I appreciate I'm probably a nightmare to live with 🙂

• Haha
  • Heart

I_Like_Tractors

VIP Member
Here are some ideas how to help children in the UK

There was a Sunderland charity I bought some toys for last year, they get referrals from social care for children and some of the stories made me cry, children who had nothing and thought Santa forgot them every year and a little boy whose mum had died of cancer and his dad was forced to care for him but had no idea how and hadn't been present, so the boy had lost contact with his half siblings from his mum. 😭 I'll try and find the link ❤

Edit here we go https://norahsnorthpole.co.uk/
I think I shall buy from their Amazon wish list without reading the stories this year because my heart can't take it

• Heart
  • Sad

shadowcat5

VIP Member
Thank you for making another one!

anyone else already thinking about the snacks they’re going to get this year 😂

• Heart
  • Haha

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Yeah they are all family, we have discussed scaling it back this year and only buying proper worthwhile presents, not body wash sets etc. But I’ve worked it out and I’ve still got like over £500 worth of gifts to buy yet
Can you honestly just tell them the truth? How many would really want family members to struggle just so they could have something to open on one day of the year?

• Heart

EssieBessie

Chatty Member
This thread has reminded me of Jane Fallon worrying over the mince pie she saw in a shop window last Christmas 😂 (FYI, she went back and bought the pie!)

BC38D722-C5B5-4636-B8C4-5C856EEE4A83.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart

al255

VIP Member
ITSSSSSSSS CHRISTMASSSSSSSS!!
(I love Christmas!) and I’m glad I’ve found this thread🎄🎂🙋🏼‍♀️

Has anyone else finished their Christmas shopping? I only buy for my dad, step mum, step sister, my daughter and my daughters Dad, so my list is fairly small. I’ve just Amazon primed the last of the things I needed to get but I start in august for my daughters things. Her bday is in January so if I don’t plan ahead it becomes expensive. I’m going to buy Christmas cards and wrapping paper tonight and start wrapping. I always put on Christmas music and get in the mood.

I’ve got to say I think the day itself is abit much, I’ve always found it overwhelming and there’s so much pressure for it to be right!

• Wow
  • Heart

Rainbow1

VIP Member
Having my first Starbucks Eggnog latte of the year!
At £4.15 for a tall I won’t be getting many this year 🤯

I know everything has gone up in price but I swear they used to be like £2

• Wow
Reactions: 9

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
My mother is currently bullying me into putting my trees up early 😆 she lives five hours away and she’s insisting on bringing up my presents this weekend “just in case”. My husband wonders where I get my Christmas addiction from 🙄

• Haha

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
Are any of you cutting down on what Christmas food you buy this year and if so what?
My mum & dad usually do a party on Christmas Day night with a buffet & drinks and basically if they know you you’re invited to drop in but this year they’ve decided it’s just going to be close family only and my mum has said don’t expect a big spread.

• Heart

Our Cilla

Can anyone help me come up with some new traditions? I’m trying to get past a bereavement that happened a couple of Christmas ago and enjoy it again.
We lost my Mum last year and she loved Christmas. We usually all go to my Sisters but I have volunteered to do it this year. Should be fun as I really cant cook but am hoping to get them all drunk reall early so they dont notice.

• Heart