Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
I went to look on Lidl's website and awh, this is a lovely idea, they're doing toy drives at their stores.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Retailers are in an absolute quandary this year.

Obviously they want to advertise the super big Christmas, piles of presents and mountains of food, because a lot of these companies need the Christmas spending to keep themselves afloat. However, we're in a cost of living crisis, so they have to respect this too. It's a proper tightrope walk.
Honestly the things I wish I could say 🤐 they’re relying on credit card spend. BNPL, pay in 3, the third party data we’re buying in to understand more about our customers therefore target them better is truly insane and not something I think many ppl know about, but credit card spenders are actively targeted and it’s gross.

I started out loving fashion uno and now I’m repulsed by it 🥲

• Sad
  • Wow

MrsLucas

VIP Member
Yodel have lost my smyths order 😤. My 6yo Christmas presents all the our generation things she wanted I’m furious. Anyone ever had this before? I literally can’t understand it. Great way to start my day.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart

Silverback

VIP Member
I normally do cold cuts, salad and new potatoes for boxing day. It's so easy to get swept up in it all and spend a fortune on food that will be wasted.
Agree. Unless you’ve got 20 people round your house then keep it low key. I’ve got my eye on a Yule log for Xmas day and we will have the Xmas dinner, but often the ‘picky bits’ end up being a bit shit. You cant go wrong with a cheese board, crackers and chutneys, or even just cheese and pineapple on a stick! ❤

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
I've only bought a couple of little presents so far, but have got all my wrapping paper :ROFLMAO:

I'm one of those people who loves wrapping gifts, with actual real ribbons no less. Honestly, one of my favourite things to do, especially if it's a weird shape. Plus, hopefully thinking I may have found my people, because the presents are under my tree the longest, I get wrapping paper that matches my colours, it just looks so pretty, all matchy, matchy and cute.

• Heart

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I’m probably an anomaly here but I’ve not bought a single present or food/ drink item for Xmas yet! Bar advent calendars I’ve done zilch.
I bought four boxes of mince pies. Currently have none left. It’s dangerous to shop early 🤪 .

Like Here said don’t worry about it and it will come together.

• Haha
  • Heart

Silverback

VIP Member
I really wanted to buy the star with the little legs and the gingerbread man! That would have come to £30 though and my husband would have been like wtf are you doing 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

Silverback

VIP Member
I’m probably an anomaly here but I’ve not bought a single present or food/ drink item for Xmas yet! Bar advent calendars I’ve done zilch.

• Haha

RobotLady

VIP Member
Sorry if it’s already been shared. But how nice does this pie look?
Apparently it’s a returning festive product but we’ve never seen it before.
MUST.NOT.BUY.BEFORE.DECEMBER

Our family “do” advent. Think vlogmas style but we’re not YouTubers. Everyday in December we do something festive.
So far we’ve got booked in
Chessington World of Adventure
Winter onderland
Pantomime
Meet Santa
Work’s Xmas Do
Extended Family Xmas Party
Final Food Shop and Collect meat from butchers
Drive in cinema
Grinch Door Visit
Nativities
Go to church at least once
Donate gifts to childrens ward
To fill out the rest of the days we will do
North Pole breakfast (my kids absolute highlight
Xmas Movies
Walk to see Xmas lights
Trying foods only from festive menus, Costa, Starbucks, Greggs, McDonald’s etc
And of course advent calendars, elf on the shelf and Xmas Eve Box
Would be interested to hear if anyone does anything similar or has any suggestions?
Every single year we also donate to Samaritans Purse Shoebox appeal (have been doing this since I was in primary school and now my eldest child is 11!) This years shoeboxes are going to Ukraine and my four children all donate out of their own pocket money to a child that would be in the same category as them e.g girl aged 10-14.
Shoebox donation week is mid-November.

Attachments

• Heart