Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tree_

VIP Member
My theme's tack basically. Or maybe you'd call it 80s/90s chic lol. Multicoloured lights. Foil ceiling decs. The works

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

Sibz

VIP Member
We are in Australia and are planning on getting a real tree . My brother and sister in law do it every year! The smell is heavenly
Random question, but do the christmas decs and cards in Australia have snow on them? 🤣 just something I've always wondered about in hot countries! And are the Christmas adverts wintery too or set in summer?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I've just had a brilliant conversation with my child about the Asda Elf ad. We were saying it was really good and I said how clever it was taking clips from the film. His response was "yeah it's good how they've made him look so young cos he's like old now" 🤦‍♀️😆.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
Seen poinsettias in the all the supermarkets the past few days. Horrid things :LOL: . I was given one a few weeks before xmas last year and it had the temerity to live to Summer despite being neglected completely. I must be an old sap cos I can't bring myself to throw away a living plant.

• Haha

calmyourritas

VIP Member
I’ve put Christmas tunes on while I clean the kitchen. Baby is smiling away in her jumperoo loving life, I regret nothing 🎄🎄

• Heart

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
Couldn't agree more. Black Friday seems like massive scam, and you're not saving any money if you didn't need to buy it anyways. The videos of people fighting over products makes me sick.

I've never understood the appeal of the Next sale either, it's kind of pathetic seeing the 4am Boxing days queues. (And not just at Next, the whole Boxing day sales schtick is gross in general.)
Uggh I could not think of anything worse than getting up in the dark to go and queue up outside Next. Boxing Day is for hangovers and eating your own body weight even though you’re not hungry.

• Heart
👋 a second thread!

We left off at the last thread with people discussing who they’re buying for & whether or not they’re putting out a wreath… so continue 🎄🌲🤶🏻🎅🧑‍🎄

• Heart

Misssj80

VIP Member
I buy for my mum and son. I used to buy for my brother, his wife and their three children but they are ungrateful sods and never say thank you so this year I'm getting them a tin of celebrations/heroes between them 🤣 I also buy for 4 friends & 3 children of friends, just small token gifts. Any children of friends/family that get to 18 no longer get anything.

• Heart

ScrambledEggs

VIP Member
I’ve started making the Christmas cakes … When I say started , I have soaked the fruit in an extremely large amount of Brandy .

• Haha

Misssj80

VIP Member
I don't have a theme, it's more whatever I have gets bunged on the tree 😜🤣 I have decorations from the 1950's right through to modern day, some were my nan's, some I've bought second hand. I have decorations my son has made over the years etc etc It's very colourful, some may say tacky(?) But I love it and that's all that matters

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Geranium

VIP Member
I know what I don’t want - body lotion or hand cream. I have enough to last me the rest of my life!
i volunteer in an Oxfam shop and we are donated so many gift sets - mainly Baylis & Harding - you would not believe it! And no one will buy them either, even at huge reductions .

Reactions: 12