Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Thank you for making another one!

anyone else already thinking about the snacks they’re going to get this year 😂
My little one is a much stronger eater this year so excited about all the stuff she can have! 🥰

This reminds me I also need to get us stockings. My childhood was not the best so being a Christmas mum doesn’t come naturally but is something I really want her to have!

• Heart
Reactions: 16

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
I normally start shopping really early, but end up spending an absolute bomb because I keep adding to it. So this year I'm going to leave it as late as possible and see how that works out. I'm not spending a fortune on foods and drinks either because half of it goes in the bin or is still sat there come February. I think I'm in the habit of hoarding at Xmas from when my mother used to do it in the 80s, when the shops used to shut for a few days. No need really in modern times it's all back open again the day after

• Heart

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
I went to Ikea this evening, came back with Christmas decorations and two potted, little Christmas trees. I was giggling along with you first of November xmas nutcases, not judging anyone but it's mad to go in hard so early imo, but now I see that you've all corrupted me.

If I start buying JellyCat toys, well, there's going to be words. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart

JE172

VIP Member
I can also highly recommend a splash of baileys on top of porridge! Don’t judge me, I’m not an alky haha!

• Haha

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Got a Terry’s chocolate orange today. I’m gonna have it tomorrow with a glass bottle of wine with strictly

• Heart
  • Haha

Jolli6578

So we’ve done it! Two Christmas trees up, will finish the rest of the decorating this weekend! Spending this evening watching crappy tv & wrapping gifts - perfection! 🎄🎁🎅🏻

• Heart

bellinibobble

VIP Member
I’m allowing myself to switch from Heart 00’s to Heart Xmas in the car tomorrow.
No lie, I woke up fuming this morning when my fella got up to go to the gym because I felt guilty that I should go too and not be a lazy ass. Scraped myself out of bed to go with him, still snarling, and he got in the car, looked me dead in the eye and put on Heart Xmas.. I genuinely had tears in my eyes 🤣🤣🤣 Singing along to One More Sleep by Leona Lewis

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I’ve just ordered the Lego Christmas Main Street.
I’m thinking of a really nice couple of evenings in early December building it and listening to Christmas music 🥰

…that is if I don’t rip into it and build it the day it comes 😳
C417048B-5C52-48F8-9BFF-DA6361035705.png

• Heart

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
I do a Christmas Eve box for my husband and myself. It’s socks, a book each, a bath bomb, chocolate or sweets and a candle, sometimes there’s Lego. We take turns in filling it and it’s my favourite part of Christmas as it’s just for us.

• Heart

Silverback

VIP Member
Can anyone help me come up with some new traditions? I’m trying to get past a bereavement that happened a couple of Christmas ago and enjoy it again.

• Heart
  • Sad

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Most places either use it as a retention/loyalty hook or to get rid of overstock (gift with purchase) so it’s not really worth it imo.

Couldn't agree more. Black Friday seems like massive scam, and you're not saving any money if you didn't need to buy it anyways. The videos of people fighting over products makes me sick.

I've never understood the appeal of the Next sale either, it's kind of pathetic seeing the 4am Boxing days queues. (And not just at Next, the whole Boxing day sales schtick is gross in general.)

• Heart

Debtex

I had some fairly distant relatives foisted upon me for Boxing Day last year by my s-i-L . I’m not sure how it happened tbh there may have been some miscommunication or my husband agreed then ‘forgot ‘ to update me . It became too late to back out and I didn’t want to look mean so I went along with it . I remember getting up on Boxing Day feeling extremely tired after working up to 23rd and cooking for both Xmas Eve and Xmas day . All I wanted was to sit in my trackies watch telly and chill . Eventually I dragged myself into the kitchen and made a lovely buffet even tho it was the last thing I felt like doing etc . The ‘guests’ arrived and pretty much ate us out of house and home ! Both are extremely boring - one tells anecdotes about work including people we don’t know and are never likely to meet . The other literally doesn’t move off the sofa and asks one banal question after another .They seem to hold other peoples abilities to cook and entertain in awe and are of the ‘oh I can’t cook ‘ school . When they are fully fed and watered they depart for another year none the wiser about the amount of planning expense and preparation they have benefited from and have no intention of ever reciprocating .
I am writing this to remind myself to be on my guard and give a swift and emphatic NO this year !!!

• Wow
  • Haha

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
because it’s now november and we’re all feeling festive i thought i’d share my fav christmas clip

merry christmas!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14