Christmas spending

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did have a budget but my boy understands more this year now that he’s about to turn 4. He wants paw patrol tower, a giant hot wheels garage, air max 90s, Nike blazers, Tommy Hilfiger coat, and a scooter. I’ve stuck a load of it on credit lol fk it.
He’s almost 4 and wants a Tommy Hilfiger coat and nike blazers? At that age all I knew was my coat was blue and my shoes were pink! Oh and I might have asked for light up shoes! Not a chance would I be buying a 4 year old those if they asked (your choice though). I wouldn’t even want them to know what designer is at that age, let kids be kids!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
did he really say ‘Mum i want a tommy hilfiger coat’ 😂
He did. He’s very particular about clothes and food.
You’ve bought your 3 year old child Nike trainers and a bleeping designer coat…..?! Are you for real? Why??????!!! I’m sorry that’s not for the benefit of your child.
It’s what he wants. My parents used to spend a lot on us kids. The whole living room would be covered with presents and I loved it. I want to do the same

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5

It’s what he wants. My parents used to spend a lot on us kids. The whole living room would be covered with presents and I loved it. I want to do the same
Sure. Right you are chief…..!

• Haha
Reactions: 23

He’s particular about clothes and food at the age of 3? Sorry but it sounds like you’re raising an entitled brat. Not a chance should a child be particular about those things at that age, they should be enjoying being kids, not browsing designer labels!
Nothing wrong with buying a few toys they want and books, but Christmas isn’t about material items and you’re just raising him to be materialistic. It’s not about the cost of an item, it’s about the thought. If he’s not happy with a primark coat at age 3 then you’re going to have a difficult time in a few years!

if this is even true, personally I smell bullshit😂

• Heart
Reactions: 20
There is no way a child of 3 has any idea about bloody branded trainers or some stupid over priced coat. What a load of shite.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

surely you would have showed him the tommy hilfiger coat 😂 doubt he’s researching designer brands in his spare time 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Eh youse can believe what you want. Btw designer coats are superior. Warmest coat I’ve ever had was a Tommy H one. Not bragging. It was second hand. I would never get him a Primark coat because they’re no good. I usually get him coats from Zara or Next.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Eh youse can believe what you want. Btw designer coats are superior. Warmest coat I’ve ever had was a Tommy H one. Not bragging. It was second hand. I would never get him a Primark coat because they’re no good. I usually get him coats from Zara or Next.
Behave 😂 kids grow that quick they’re out of them in 5 mins 😂 perfectly decent coats in asda and primark 😂

Reactions: 7
Why are people on here trying to police what other people should or shouldn’t buy for their children? It’s ridiculous. Can people not buy their kids what they want? I don’t understand!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Why are people on here trying to police what other people should or shouldn’t buy for their children? It’s ridiculous. Can people not buy their kids what they want? I don’t understand!
Well said. He’s my baby and I’m going to spoil him. Even if it is all on credit. I don’t care.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
my two year old literally just turned to me and said ‘Mum, can i get a ralph lauren coat for Christmas?’ i said ‘how do you know what ralph lauren is?’ he replied ‘there’s a kid at nursery who told me the best designer brands’ couldn’t believe it

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I just enjoy it. Idk why people have to be so horrible. And yeah I do take pics of the presents under the tree but they aren’t posted anywhere
Don’t let big Betty swallocks get to you! In my experience people who have such bitter opinions are usually projecting their own insecurities. She’s clearly a troll 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
surely you would have showed him the tommy hilfiger coat 😂 doubt he’s researching designer brands in his spare time 😂
Obvs he's researching it after his afternoon snack on his brand new iPad.

I thought I was on Mumsnet for a moment.

Also clearly a wind up because you would otherwise insist on Didriksons for precious DC, not some lowly Next 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7