Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

coconochanel

VIP Member
I can believe a 3 year old asking for Nike and Tommy Hilfiger. My dog came in this morning and said 'woof woof woof' I said' no you can't have a lily's kitchen advent calender you can have one from asda and be done with it!'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

JSquared

VIP Member
It’s just ignorant, irresponsible spending. People seem to be unaware that an overdraft or credit card is debt. If you are using them to buy something then that indicates that you cannot afford whatever it is you are buying. And when it’s to spend £300 x 5 on childrens gifts for Christmas it’s just stupid. And it then be overdrawn for MONTHS afterwards it just blows my mind that people can be that stupid.

Whilst I understand you do not agree with the OPs approach, at least be kind. Basically calling other posters stupid, isn’t what this thread is for.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
£300 per child. Wow.
Like “Wow that’s tight, wow”, or a “Wow that’s excessive, wow”?

If it’s the latter, I can’t wait to see your reaction to the person who is planning on spending £1.5k on her daughter 😅🍿

For the record, if you can afford it, and your kid isn’t a spoilt arsehole as a result, then I firmly believe in spending whatever the fuck you like.

• Haha
Reactions: 30

Homebird44

VIP Member
Deliberately getting into debt is stupid. It’s not part of modern life. It’s part of life for those who are shit with money and don’t have the capacity to budget and buy only what they can afford. If you have to use an overdraft then you do not have the money available to spend. It’s basic simple maths.
If it's cleared by February, it's really not an issue. Imagine getting this upset by somebody else's overdraft.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

mary11

Because spending near on £1000 on presents for a 2 year old child is completely fucking ridiculous. The child has NO IDEA WHAT CHRISTMAS IS AND WILL NOT REMEMBER ANY OF IT. May aswell set fire to a grand for all the use a thousand pounds worth for gifts for a child of that age is going to be!!! 😂😂😂😂😂
You might as well just say you cant afford it and move on🙄this is a thread to post what you spend and anyone spending more than the amount you agree with you jump on them. People can do what they like with their own money and dont have to answer to you👍 This clearly isnt the thread for you as you’re so triggered by what other people do with their own money that they work for.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I did have a budget but my boy understands more this year now that he’s about to turn 4. He wants paw patrol tower, a giant hot wheels garage, air max 90s, Nike blazers, Tommy Hilfiger coat, and a scooter. I’ve stuck a load of it on credit lol fk it.
did he really say ‘Mum i want a tommy hilfiger coat’ 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
my two year old literally just turned to me and said ‘Mum, can i get a ralph lauren coat for Christmas?’ i said ‘how do you know what ralph lauren is?’ he replied ‘there’s a kid at nursery who told me the best designer brands’ couldn’t believe it

• Haha
Reactions: 26
You might as well just say you cant afford it and move on🙄this is a thread to post what you spend and anyone spending more than the amount you agree with you jump on them. People can do what they like with their own money and dont have to answer to you👍 This clearly isnt the thread for you as you’re so triggered by what other people do with their own money that they work for.
Agreed, I'm going to spend £400 on each of my dogs just so Betty can have a heart attack

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
£300 PER CHILD???! £1500? Why are you spending that kind of money which you don’t have? That’s so excessive.
I didn’t say we couldn’t afford it. I said that it puts us in our overdraft till February. Our household income is around £6k but I’m still dreadful at saving so it takes our January salaries to compensate for enjoying ourselves in December, and then all is back to normal for February. We go skiing in October half-term, and Centre Parcs in February half-term (usually) so between the holidays I never seem to plan for Christmas gifts.

I could save for it if I was so inclined, but as I say I can’t be arsed so I don’t bother.

£300 isn’t a great deal to spend on older children these days imo- it doesn’t get you a lot. I don’t think it’s excessive at all. Then again if it irritates you that it IS excessive then, well that’s an added bonus I guess 💋🖕

In any case, I’m not sure when this thread degenerated into a place to have a pop at people for spending money- fucks sake 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 25

mary11

Out of curiosity as someone who doesn’t have kids, what are you buying a 2 year old that costs £800?
He got a swing and slide set for outside that cost around £400 then just a few other bits toys and clothes etc it all adds up surprisingly quickly.

You spend £800 on a 6 year old and a 2 year old?!! On what exactly?! You realise a 2 year old doesn’t have any real comprehension of Christmas and won’t even remember any of it….!
That’s madness.
Why do you have such a problem with what other people choose to spend on their own children? nobody is asking you to foot the bill for it. People are entitled to spend their own money however they wish. This thread is turning into a spending shaming one now.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Ktb

VIP Member
Fine. But if you haven’t got £300 and you have said you go into your overdraft and stay overdrawn until February because of it that means the OP clearly hasn’t got the money to spend. And overdraft is DEBT. Someone getting into debt to spunk £300 on crap for Christmas is LUDICROUS. It’s completely irresponsible. If you haven’t got the money to spend you don’t spend it. It’s basic fucking maths.
You are going on a bit like you’re footing the bill for their presents you know .
Bit of an assumption that the kids presents are crap too 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24

GoldHoops

3 Children aged 5-11 get 1000 each spent on them food 5-6 hundred
Partner we spend 500 on each other, other close family as cheap as possible
Cost of living payment will be used for alcohol this year 🥂 have a good one

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
He did. He’s very particular about clothes and food.

It’s what he wants. My parents used to spend a lot on us kids. The whole living room would be covered with presents and I loved it. I want to do the same
Sure. Right you are chief…..!

• Haha
Reactions: 23

prozacprincess

VIP Member
I only buy for my husband and his parents … oh and the animals of course😆

I’ve bought my husband a fancy metal wallet with RFID protection. I always buy him a book to read on our annual Xmas holiday too. This year we are going to Jordan.

£70 for the wallet and a book. £1400 for my share of the holiday

His parents don’t really want for much, but his Mum is currently going through cancer treatment and their house has got a bit much for her, understandably, so I’ve organised a cleaning service to do a big deep clean when she goes into hospital next month, and then a cleaner to come weekly for the next year.

£2,000 for the years cleaning service and one off deep clean.

My cats will get the usual array of treats, and I’ve seen a motion activated laser pointer toy that the youngest two will love while we are at work. rabbits have got new beds, and the alpacas have a new football ⚽ because one of them (most likely Lemmy) has burst the old one.

Cats toy is £20 and then about £6 on treats.

Rabbit beds were £30 each x 2

Football for alpacas £15

• Heart
Reactions: 22

PenelopeTitsDrop

I feel ya with the 4 year old wanting Tommy Hilfiger.

My daughter is 12 and this year wants a swimming pool so we're having to build an extension. It takes up the space her pony lived on but she got that last Xmas and is bored of it now, so we're selling it for glue...

...or not. What an absolute heap of shite that a 4 year old cares about designer labels. As if! 🙄😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21