Christmas spending

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t have a set budget.

I don’t buy for my parents or brother anymore. My two younger sisters are old enough not to need presents or care about not getting any.

I’ve been into minimalism for the past 5 years which has shifted my buying habits. I have everything I need.

I bought my sister a Jellycat reindeer toy she wanted even though she’s 19.

I may give three people £25 amazon gift cards each because they have been super nice with building up my sisters confidence.

Reactions: 4
I don't have a large family thank goodness, but I willy ONLY buy Christmas presents for my son . I usually spend around £200 that's what I can comfortably afford , sometimes I go over but I start saving for it around September so it's not too bad.
I do not buy gifts for anyone else and I also ask no one buy me anything, so I think the last Christmas gift I received was when I was about 17!
Food I try not to buy too much extras , inevitably do , probably £50-100 extra on food , that's the whole festive period though .
So glad when it's all over

Reactions: 1
Post about the “designer baby” fake news!!! Things people do for attention 🤪😝

Reactions: 5
Well said. He’s my baby and I’m going to spoil him. Even if it is all on credit. I don’t care.
You are truely what is wrong with society today . Can not believe what I have read .
Do you not think you'd be better off putting the time and energy you do into maxxing out credit cards for Nike trainers for a 3 year old , on teaching him the life skills he will need , like reading a writing to get a head start , fill the little lads head with learning ? Teaching him to be so materialistic and obsessed with the way they look and dress aged only 3 is shocking and appalling and will not result in a well balanced individual. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear
Christ alive what next , this is the future folks 😱🤯😩

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I just enjoy it. Idk why people have to be so horrible. And yeah I do take pics of the presents under the tree but they aren’t posted anywhere
You get him his Nikes mum, no child should be made to wear light up trainers 😩🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Love threads like this where I can nose at other people’s spending 😂

My partner and I save £50 per month each throughout the year for Christmas so by October we have £1000 and that’s our budget for everything Christmas related - presents, food, Christmassy events/days out, any extra decorations we like. We have 2 young kids (age 5 and 2) and we spend £150 on each of them. We also buy for 7 other kids in our family and our parents but no other adults. My partner and I usually spend about £50-£100 on each other using money we’ve saved ourselves, not from our £1000 budget.

We’ve saved for Christmas throughout the year for the last few years and it means I enjoy the Christmas shopping and build up so much more. The money is there waiting to be spent and I feel zero guilt about it because that’s the purpose it’s been saved for.

It is interesting to see other people’s budgets, my £1000 will seem excessive to some and like peanuts to others but I suppose it’s all relative. I feel very fortunate that we can comfortably save that amount over the year.

Reactions: 9
I can believe a 3 year old asking for Nike and Tommy Hilfiger. My dog came in this morning and said 'woof woof woof' I said' no you can't have a lily's kitchen advent calender you can have one from asda and be done with it!'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I can believe a 3 year old asking for Nike and Tommy Hilfiger. My dog came in this morning and said 'woof woof woof' I said' no you can't have a lily's kitchen advent calender you can have one from asda and be done with it!'.
This has really tickled me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
He’s particular about clothes and food at the age of 3? Sorry but it sounds like you’re raising an entitled brat. Not a chance should a child be particular about those things at that age, they should be enjoying being kids, not browsing designer labels!
Nothing wrong with buying a few toys they want and books, but Christmas isn’t about material items and you’re just raising him to be materialistic. It’s not about the cost of an item, it’s about the thought. If he’s not happy with a primark coat at age 3 then you’re going to have a difficult time in a few years!

if this is even true, personally I smell bullshit😂
If true it looks like she’s raising a kid that will know the price of everything and the value of nothing!
I feel sorry for him.

Don’t let big Betty swallocks get to you! In my experience people who have such bitter opinions are usually projecting their own insecurities. She’s clearly a troll 😂
Oh bless, not been around here long clearly.

Back to Christmas, we save £50 a month, was £75 but covid and bills! It gives us enough to pay for everything, we only have a small family and this year I refuse to buy his family gifts as they are beyond ungrateful.

• Haha
  • Heart

Back to Christmas, we save £50 a month, was £75 but covid and bills! It gives us enough to pay for everything, we only have a small family and this year I refuse to buy his family gifts as they are beyond ungrateful.
I've been hear for a while. Betty is a legend lol.

Well done for refusing to get them anything.

• Heart

Oh but to the contrary I have been around these parts for quite some time. Had to open a new account though as wanted to change my username (previous one contained my surname) but couldn’t work out how to do it!

I have 1 nearly 4 year old son and a small family with only 1 nephew, there’s only about 7 of us altogether 🤣 I probably spend about £250 all in including presents and food, we don’t spend much on us adults it’s mainly for the children and from the children, I’m a single parent and my family respect that I’m not on a double income and know I will budget

I also work in banking and see customers on the daily with numerous amounts of lending including overdrafts, loans and credit cards, so I’m naturally nosey on this thread to see how people deal with their finances, I do find it uncalled for to go at what other spend/do with their money, if they are using overdrafts/store credit it’s upto that person to pay it back plus interest etc it’s not anyone else’s business how someone manages their finances, so many people getting their knickers in a twist over something that doesn’t concern them 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I probably spend around the guts of 1.5k - I have quite a large family, but really I just love spoiling them and seeing their faces :)

Reactions: 2
Stuck some more on credit today at Aldi. The wooden dollhouses and train sets are back.

Stuck some more on credit today at Aldi. The wooden dollhouses and train sets are back.
So you buy expensive designer clothes for a 3 year old and yet you shop in ALDI and put toys from there on credit….

Oh the irony…..

• Haha
So you buy expensive designer clothes for a 3 year old and yet you shop in ALDI and put toys from there on credit….

Oh the irony…..
I usually shop in Asda but yeah, I haven’t got 2 pennies to rub together. Everything is credit