Christmas present moans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mostly got socks and pyjamas. I asked for a pair of pyjamas and got 3!

There's a meme that I posted about being one of those with an alternatively spelt name which means I can't find a keyring with my name on. My sister got me a keyring with my name on...

Reactions: 12
Starting this off. So me and husband said no presents, but I got him some pyjamas, a couple of jumpers, some sweets and some trainers. He literally got me nothing. Luckily I bought and wrapped myself up a box of chocolates as our daughter was really sad that I didn't get anything.
I personally don't understand when people complain that they've agreed no presents and then receive no presents 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 82
I can't complain this year. I was asked for some ideas and I said "well new socks are always nice" (I love new socks!) and my brother took it literally and bought about 8 pairs of socks 😂 I am quite pleased.

Looking forward to reading more posts on this thread later 😊

Reactions: 15
I said don't spend £££ as we are doing an extension and need to get the inside finished. I said some pyjamas would be nice but then he kept asking so I said oh just don't get anything.
He wasn't supposed to take it literally 🥴.
I start my shopping in about September so pick a couple of bits up as I go and ended up getting him more than I should have.

Something little from the kids would have been nice, Considering I do EVERYTHING.
He could have taken them to tesco and let them choose something but he didn't.

I wrote the post early this morning when I was annoyed and can't delete it.

Over it now. Have a good evening ✌🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 15
My husband has wrapped my in-laws large box present, in birthday wrapping paper. We have a birthday in our house next week and the paper was for that . I've made him unwrap it so I can reuse it and he can use the Christmas paper.

I'm actually pretty cross about it .

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I tried to not buy anything for one my brothers and his 4 kids after last year but caved last minute and got them all stuff. Bought my other brother and his kid and dogs quite a lots of stuff . I’m vulnerable so alone this Christmas. They picked it up from outside my door, didn’t say thank you or anything and honestly presents mean nothing but the fact they didn’t even give me a card from my nieces and nephews broke me. As soon as I shut the door I burst into tears 😭. Am I just weird or greedy wishing for a card?

Anyway I hope you all have a gorgeous Christmas♥

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
I tried to not buy anything for one my brothers and his 4 kids after last year but caved last minute and got them all stuff. Bought my other brother and his kid and dogs quite a lots of stuff . I’m vulnerable so alone this Christmas. They picked it up from outside my door, didn’t say thank you or anything and honestly presents mean nothing but the fact they didn’t even give me a card from my nieces and nephews broke me. As soon as I shut the door I burst into tears 😭. Am I just weird or greedy wishing for a card?

Hope you’re doing ok. There’s lots of us alone this Christmas, you’re not the only one x

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Absolutely not. It’s those little things that mean more than anything. Bless you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I personally don't understand when people complain that they've agreed no presents and then receive no presents 🤷🏻‍♀️
Exactly. Why not set a budget if you don't want to spend loads, just say we both get each other something up to X amount

Reactions: 6
Merry Christmas! Hope the rest of your presents are better!
By the way, I volunteer in a charity shop and we do not get any stuff free. If we want something we have to buy it like any other customer and it’s noted down in a record book under our name. If something comes in that we unpack and decide we want, the manager has to value it before we buy it.
When people give donations it’s to help the charity not the volunteers, I think your woman is a bit dodgy if she’s really acquiring stuff for free.
Xx
Thank you lovely. Merry Christmas to you too, I don’t know if it’s still the case now but she used to openly tell us she’d got given things for free and we’d used to quietly tell her that you can be too honest.
The best she ever done was give a colleague a stone for her garden with special friend with love on it, was one of those things you put on a grave 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I love pyjamas. I asked husband for a nice set - I have a nice polka dot pair from Whistles. I have just discovered that the top is huge and the bottoms ridiculously low on the hip and tight in the thigh ☹
It seems that they were made for a body builder who missed leg day at the gym.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

You’re not being weird or greedy at all, I hope you’re ok lovely ❤

Reactions: 9

Sorry to hear that, I agree they could have at least done a card from the kids.
Hope you are okay xx

Reactions: 10
I'm not cross about presents I have, I'm grateful for anything I receive. However I am miffed that I always spend about £40-50 each on my BIL and sister, then give their kids a gift. For them to gift my other half a body set from Boots clearly in the 3 for 2 offers I.e the free gift set. They only buy for us so why not gift something decent? I'd rather they spent less on me to gift him more so it looks equal value rather than my gifts being over the top. Am I being unreasonable?

Reactions: 5
Adults moaning about gifts is just wrong 😂
Buy what you need yourself,
give nothing if you expect something in return.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.