Christmas present moans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get people nicer candles when I don’t know what to get, because I figure it’s something they can use up and it won’t be clutter for long 😂 but am I an offender? I wouldn’t get a soap set though.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I get people nicer candles when I don’t know what to get, because I figure it’s something they can use up and it won’t be clutter for long 😂 but am I an offender? I wouldn’t get a soap set though.
I go through candles so fast, so I love it when people gift me candles! 🕯

Reactions: 7
I like candles I think they’re a good gift.

Reactions: 4
A long time ago most of my friends and I decided we would no longer do presents. We do things instead like go out for a nice meal or to the Theatre or Cinema. We have more than enough “stuff.” Spending time with each other doing things is better than presents none of us probably want or like.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
See this goes to show that one persons thoughtful gift is crap to someone else - I bleeping hate candles! I’ve got loads of them dotted about unused because 1) they make me sneeze and 2) I have small kids that hate sleep so wouldn’t have the chance to use them anyway.

Maybe we should set up a gift swap 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I always thought Molton Brown was a good brand?
It is a good brand, just a bit pricey.

Unfortunately I gave my mum a sample of the hand lotion about 40809 years ago and now she insists on it being her Xmas present every sodding year as she won't pay the price herself.

Luckily the nearest McArthur Glen has opened a Molton Brown outlet 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
We don't have Baylis (only Baileys😁) or Molton Brown in France, but, with two teenage daughters at home, I'd rather have that. Soaps and other hygiene/beauty products don't last long... it wouldn't be lost.

Reactions: 2
In laws usually get me at least 2 dove sets for Christmas and then again for my birthday 🤣 containing the same products just in a different shaped box. At least I hardly ever have to buy shower gel 🤷🏼‍♀️🤣

My mother in law gives me money. She gave up trying to pick gifts for me 😂
My mother always buys me fluffy pjs (the type of fluffy ones that I don’t like) in at least a size too big for me, no matter how many times I tell her. And they always end up down at the charity shop a few weeks after Christmas because she buys them ages in advance, so it means I can’t exchange them even.

Gift receipts people, get gift receipts. Give them with your gifts, and don’t buy presents before December🤣🤣😂

Reactions: 3
I like the soap and glory gift sets. This year my parents have told us all we’re getting money but we’re all in our 30s so think they should just focus on the grandkids but they insist.

Reactions: 3
I hate Dove because not only does it indicate a total lack if imagination as a gift, to me, it smells like sick.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My mother in law gives me money. She gave up trying to pick gifts for me 😂
My mother always buys me fluffy pjs (the type of fluffy ones that I don’t like) in at least a size too big for me, no matter how many times I tell her. And they always end up down at the charity shop a few weeks after Christmas because she buys them ages in advance, so it means I can’t exchange them even.

Gift receipts people, get gift receipts. Give them with your gifts, and don’t buy presents before December🤣🤣😂
Reminds me when I was a size 12 and my father bought me disney PJs in a size 20-22. I wonder if they were on sale :ROFLMAO: ?

• Haha
Reminds me when I was a size 12 and my father bought me disney PJs in a size 20-22. I wonder if they were on sale :ROFLMAO: ?
I used to work in retail when I was a teen and had so many men coming in to buy nightwear for Mums/girlfriends and the amount that thought the ‘20’ referred to age not size! 🤣

luckily with some managed to get a rapport going to find out their poor partners were a size 8 not a 20
I bet some slipped thru net, would of loved to see their partners face on opening

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My nan always buys me size 8 pjs at Christmas. Despite me not being that size since I was about 14 😂. I’ve told her I’m not that size but no she still buys me size 8. Complete waste of money.

Reactions: 6
What do you get a married on family member in his late 60's that you immensely dislike. I don't want to spend too much but still want it to look like I was thoughtful :LOL:

The Christmas present wtf's have already started here. In-laws won't be with us so have given us presents now....I was given 2 pairs of Snag tights, which is a little random but I do really like their tights and they were the right size so bonus. Husband on the other hand got a selection of whisky miniatures, they look great but he doesn't ever drink so they're utterly pointless. It's not like they don't know he doesn't drink as they offer every time we're over for a meal and he turns it down. I'll probably end up drinking them in a hot toddy when I've got a cold (which is a bit of a waste really for nice whisky!).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.