Christmas present moans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do you get her in return?
How would she react if you gave her a toilet roll?
Wow.

She showed you exactly what she thought of you ☹
So rude.
She hasn’t changed in her opinion either. I see it as something of a triumph. There’d be something drastically wrong if all of a sudden me or my actions were to meet with her approval. After all this time, we have an uneasy truce, burnished by 350 miles between us ….

• Sad
Reactions: 4
My biggest annoyance with family is they ask what I want constantly. Birthdays and Christmas.
And then get me something completely different.
Why ask? 😂
I get this constantly as well 😅 they ask what I want an I'll tell them anything off my amazon wish list, they all know how to get on it an I feel I don't take the piss with it either as there's stuff on there for under a fiver that I'd be happy with so it's not all expensive that's on it an yet they get totally random things that's no use to me

I kindi get annoyed with it because I honestly go out my way to make sure I get somthing they want, if they don't tell me then I'll ask everyone around them if there's somthing they are looking for an in previous years I've even went way over budget because there's been somthing they want, an yet I'll continuesly get bath set things when they know I have skin allergies or jewellery they know I don't wear or wine when I don't drink 🙄🙄 I'd be much happier with a £5 thing off my list than a £20 necklace that isn't going get worn

Reactions: 11
Hate when you get the exact same gift for a second year in a row. I got an Andrew Barton hair set with shampoo, conditioner, two sprays for heat and volumising, clips and hair brush, which tbh I didn't like much the first time but I'm the sort of person that will use it even if I don't like it, as I hate wasting products, and I was still getting through the sprays and had half left. Then I got the exact same set from the same person AGAIN, and had 4 sprays to get through, 8 hair clips I never use, and two hair brushes. I've still got one of those sprays in the back of a drawer 5 years later I'm trying to use up. It still haunts me 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I get this constantly as well 😅 they ask what I want an I'll tell them anything off my amazon wish list, they all know how to get on it an I feel I don't take the piss with it either as there's stuff on there for under a fiver that I'd be happy with so it's not all expensive that's on it an yet they get totally random things that's no use to me

I kindi get annoyed with it because I honestly go out my way to make sure I get somthing they want, if they don't tell me then I'll ask everyone around them if there's somthing they are looking for an in previous years I've even went way over budget because there's been somthing they want, an yet I'll continuesly get bath set things when they know I have skin allergies or jewellery they know I don't wear or wine when I don't drink 🙄🙄 I'd be much happier with a £5 thing off my list than a £20 necklace that isn't going get worn
Ask for Amazon vouchers

Reactions: 2
2 months and 10 days until we get to share the fabulous 400 Bayliss sets we received people 🤣
Not the Baylis sets 😭😭😭😭 I legit got 3 sets last year, which included 9 hand creams. I’d honestly prefer a toilet roll.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Don’t come for me, but I actually regift things however I do it with intention. I’d only regift something if I know I won’t use it, and I know the person would like it. Otherwise it gets donated or sold (depending on my mood).

My mother would tell you she doesnt regift anything however one Christmas gave my sister something that my sister had given her 2 years previous 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I don't mind regifting at all, or receiving something that is regifted or preloved, as long as it's in nice condition/clean etc. and if the person gave it to me because they thought I'd enjoy it, not because they wanted to get it over with. Except half eaten boxes of crappy chocolate or stuff that clearly belongs in a bin, I don't think it's an issue.

A friend has recently gifted me a book she loved, she couldn't find it new anywhere it was out of stock, so she sent me her own copy with a note and some chocolate instead. I actually like it better because it was hers and she wanted me to read it because she loved it. 🤷

I'm not a huge fan of receiving gifts to begin with. If it's causing anyone any kind of stress, I'd rather have nothing. If someone feels compelled to gift me anything, put a small box of champagne truffles, a box of tea or some posh crisps in a gift bag for me and we'll both be happy 😂

My family refuses to understand this and I get tons of tat each year. I haven't the space for it, I'm not particularly into clothes and I have too many books. This time I'll be strict and tell them not to get me anything unless it's edible or drinkable.

Reactions: 10
I caught my mum hovering over a shelf of Baylis and harding sets at boots the other day and I said 'don't go buying Baylis & Harding no one wants to receive those!'. I think she got the message :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Ye olde skin itching molten brown and bayliss and harding gift sets seem as much part of Christmas as mince pies and turkey.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Ye olde skin itching molten brown and bayliss and harding gift sets seem as much part of Christmas as mince pies and turkey.
Not in my life . I wouldnt accept them. Years back a friend bought me/gave me body shop stuff knowing that im very particular about my creams. I left them with her.

Reactions: 1
Talking about MB the MIL is obsessed with it and expects my oh to buy her a set every single year. They’re like £40 a gift set which to be honest considering we’ve had a new baby this year, have a mortgage, I’m still on MAT leave so barely “earning” £600 a month at the moment… I’d quite a lot. Christmas to me is about spending time with people you love, having a nice hot dinner (I know that’s probably now considered a luxury to some nowadays😢) and a box of choccies. Leave the presents for the kids. My oh had a right face on him the other day when I said I’m not buying him anything for Christmas as he already has everything, I would rather put the money to finishing off bits that need doing in the house or for our son. I had a lovely recipe book titled “healthy mid week meals” off my MIL last year…. It’s okay save your money, I’ll use google🤣 not sure where I’ve put it, come to think of it😂 x

• Heart
Talking about MB the MIL is obsessed with it and expects my oh to buy her a set every single year. They’re like £40 a gift set which to be honest considering we’ve had a new baby this year, have a mortgage, I’m still on MAT leave so barely “earning” £600 a month at the moment… I’d quite a lot. Christmas to me is about spending time with people you love, having a nice hot dinner (I know that’s probably now considered a luxury to some nowadays😢) and a box of choccies. Leave the presents for the kids. My oh had a right face on him the other day when I said I’m not buying him anything for Christmas as he already has everything, I would rather put the money to finishing off bits that need doing in the house or for our son. I had a lovely recipe book titled “healthy mid week meals” off my MIL last year…. It’s okay save your money, I’ll use google🤣 not sure where I’ve put it, come to think of it😂 x
You can buy empty MB bottles quite cheaply from eBay. Then decant a cheaper product into them. She’ll be done the wiser and you’ll have saved some £. It always seems the most demanding people are the ones who give the 💩 presents themselves.

Unsure what to do for presents for my partner’s grown up daughters. I don’t know them that well but have bought thoughtful presents but got crap or nothing back. They don’t have a lot of money so I don’t even expect anything and would rather we didn’t bother!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I 100% agree that for me Christmas is about spending time with people you love with some good food and drink.
After years of practice I don’t take people regifting personally. If it is not something I will use I donate it to the foodbank who accept toiletries or the charity shop.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I caught my mum hovering over a shelf of Baylis and harding sets at boots the other day and I said 'don't go buying Baylis & Harding no one wants to receive those!'. I think she got the message :ROFLMAO:
I've never had one, but have seen them. What's wrong with them? I'm guessing they're not the best quality?

You can buy empty MB bottles quite cheaply from eBay. Then decant a cheaper product into them. She’ll be done the wiser and you’ll have saved some £. It always seems the most demanding people are the ones who give the 💩 presents themselves.
The Man Cave Sea Salt shower gel smells just like the MB Coastal Cypress and Sea Fennel ;)

I've never had one, but have seen them. What's wrong with them? I'm guessing they're not the best quality?
There's nothing wrong with them really. They are cheap toiletries packaging looks bit like molten brown knock offs.

Its more the fact that clearly no thought has gone into giving one of them. They can be purchased from every supermarket, boots, superdrug etc. They are generic smellies and mainly reek of lack of thought and effort.

• Haha
There's nothing wrong with them really. They are cheap toiletries packaging looks bit like molten brown knock offs.

Its more the fact that clearly no thought has gone into giving one of them. They can be purchased from every supermarket, boots, superdrug etc. They are generic smellies and mainly reek of lack of thought and effort.
I definitely have 2 B&H gift sets in my regift pile (I keep note of who gave to me of course) to palm off on older relatives 😆😆

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Every single year my ex would buy me molton brown gift sets and I winged about them. Now I’m older I’d love them 🤣 he would buy me white company candles and pjs too but I’d have rather had them from Primark. Younger me didn’t realise how nice his gifts were 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I definitely have 2 B&H gift sets in my regift pile (I keep note of who gave to me of course) to palm off on older relatives 😆😆
My mum works for a supermarket so buys them throughout the year when they are reduced! So every year I honestly get a truckload of them.

I have a bag full of unopened ones ready to regift. I might take them to the local care home as they always do a gift drive for the residents.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.