Christmas present moans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My MIL never buys the right size clothes for my daughter and it drives me mental. I’ve told her the correct size and she never listens 😡
It makes you wonder what you’re married into 🤣 I’m not married it’s just easier to say in laws etc
But it’s never too hard to ask! But then again you can’t guarantee if you told them the right age they would still get it right!

Reactions: 3
My nephew is 30 and I'm 35 so not much of a age gap I cant afford much not in I high paid job like him and his partner so I treat them to a takeaway instead of presents for birthdays and Christmas. This Christmas he wanted kfc cost me a small fortune on just eat over 30quid. From him I've been naughty and opened my sister wanted to know what he got me a dove set that cost 2.49 my sister is well annoyed but I know he's a tight arse
I wouldn’t bother this year, or any other year.

The one and only time I ever participated in the work Secret Santa I was given a jar of chocolate body paint. For a start I was single, for another thing I don't like chocolate so even if Santa had brought me a man wrapped up under the tree I'd not have used it. I just sat there and said 'Does this come in go large size?' as I wasn't small at the time either! 🤣🤣🤣

The other thing that does my head in is when people buy you a present, then sit telling you how much it cost! No, that's not the point of gift giving is it?!
My ex was like that. He would even give me the receipt, so not only did I know what the gift was, I had to have the price rubbed into my face too! 🤣

He was an hole. I feel sorry for some other poor mug who is stuck with him. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I was once bought a 12 week slimming world count down !!!! Wouldn’t mind but I’m a size 10 and never Intended to lose weight!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
I’ve written this before on another thread but I once got an ironing board from my minted auntie, she got it at a car boot sale and it still had the price label on the back (1p) it was broken 🤣
My grandma last year got me a hamster calendar 🥺
The worst to date however was probably from my aunties (now Ex) husband who bought me a Christmas bauble saying ‘cheeky girl’ on it when I was 16 😷

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Oh gosh I dread to think what gifts I'll be receiving 😅
Usually get an abundance of chocolate from various people knowing full well I can't eat it, they do make up a lot of the next years presents though lol! Bless her but my mum usually leaves present buying to the last minute and to make up the stocking filler type prezzies she'll have a mooch around their house and see what she can wrap for us 😅 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My mum has been in hospital and cares homes most of the year and my dad doesnt know what to buy so i have bought most of my gifts and just had the money put into my bank. When my mum came back home she had a mad internet shopping spree to get me and my sister things(so she can pick stuff herself), my dad's words were "ive wrapped a load of crap up for you both that you wont like" so god knows. My mum is usually pretty good but she does get it random odd presents like one of those weird glasses stands, a really naff hat and scarf even my nanna wouldnt wear etc. I know shes gotten me two dresses so this could either be really good or really bad haha
I'm not fussed though this year tbh, I didnt think she would be here for xmas so I just want to help her get ready and get downstairs on xmas day even if she can just manage the morning.

Speaking of my mum, she once got a carrier bag of dirty knickers from an elderly eccentric aunt....that was grim lol Btw when I say dirty, i mean heavily worn......

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
My friend is a teacher so every year I get a random assortment of regifts, it’s painfully obvious as it’s just a mismash of tat that she doesn’t want. they’re not awful, I just do get rather annoyed as I put so much effort and expense into her gifts.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Just putting this out there - I’m not being ungrateful at all just trying to contribute to the threat and getting a few things off my chest! 😉😂

So, my in laws just don’t do Christmas the way I do or have done throughout my life (which is fine) but since having kids i have found myself saying don’t get them anything they have too much if you want to get things her bedding, socks or pjs (stuff like that) this has also stopped too btw.... I just say don’t buy things it’s okay.
My mother in law buys everything in charity shops (again, that’s fine) but there’s something about giving my small children ripped and worn gifts that tbh they wouldn’t even want if they were new out of the box anyway and I find my house full to the brim with broken, worn and things they wont and don’t ever use. I’ll give an example, so one of my sons (2 at the time) was gifted a sticky dirty (missing pieces) jumperoo.... he was 2. My partner just says she means well ofc sure, but we have no use for it 😂 I don’t mean to grumble but some people are better not gifting as big as their hearts may be.

(it’s not a lack of money either btw a very lavish wealthy woman, just know how she has so much money now - shopping at charity shops)

Reactions: 9
I have been told I really need to work on my ‘gift face’ 😂 I am really grateful, I understand that people have used their hard earned money to treat me. However *think* I’m pretty thoughtful and put a lot of effort into getting someone a gift they would genuinely use or not buy for themselves. A close family member on the other hand buys me random stuff that she has got in the sale, and I have another friend who buys terrible gifts but is openly ungrateful to your face! I’d much rather have a gift voucher if whatever value instead of them spending their money on tat. I usually end up keeping these unused gifts as I feel guilty getting rid!

Reactions: 6
i am grateful, don't get me wrong, but when you ask for gym clothes & a new pair of trainers (just your generic run of the mill Nikes not mega expensive) and get a bottle of jagermeister and a fitness plate (??? What is a fitness plate), next year I've resounded to not asking for anything and let them do what they please 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Well my christmas moan is my mum she got me a pack of always pants for incontinence because i sneezed once and accidentally wet myself- her excuse she didn't know what else to get me and only thought of them because my daughter sneezed when on the phone to her might just book her stay in a nursing home now 😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Does what you’ve not received count?
My Aunt (mums sister) didn’t even get me a card. She visited my Mum yesterday and brought presents for my mum, my mums boyfriend and my eldest daughter. I’ve just left an abusive relationship and am completely alone this Christmas with a baby whilst my Mum has my 4 year old because I’m exhausted. I’m not having Christmas dinner, seeing much family etc. My aunt is very well off and can afford a 50p Christmas card. It sounds like nothing to some people but it makes you realise how irrelevant you are!
I know it’s just a piece of card with some writing on it but it would be nice to know I’m in my family’s thoughts at this time of year. I regret buying her anything now as I’m struggling enough as it is.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
My secret Santa gift was actually lovely this year - I got a moleskin Star Wars journal. Totally my thing. I bought my secret Santa a Nintendo switch membership and a animal crossing switch case... only to find out she walked out of work last week and she isn’t coming back 😓

my mum has done the typical thing of saying not to buy her anything as her and dad aren’t doing gifts, only for my Dad to buy her personalised number plates, perfume, Chanel make up and her buying my Dad new vinyl, aged whiskey etc. Now I look like a dick!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.