Christmas present moans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have posted many times on tattle about my HATRED for dove sets. I hate them. They're boring. They're a clear indication of "I dont know you at all but I had to get you a gift". I just detest them so much. Also i am allergic to nuts. This is all pertinent information.
Now, my brother in law... who I have known for over 5 years. Last year got me a bleeping PISTACHIO DOVE SET!! I wanted to throw it at him!!!
Dove is the equivalent of getting a bottle of bleach for Christmas. 🤣
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 13
I like dove products but not as a present.

My hubby got me a selfie light, i don’t take selfies 🤷🏻‍♀️
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 32
I’ve received 1 dove set and 1 bottle of rose even though I make it clear I bloody hate rose 😂😂

Other than that no present moans here. Found out I’m going to be an auntie for the first time😭🤩 all I’ve done is cry over it this morning hahaha. I think even the very worst present won’t matter to me today!! 😄😄😄😄
 
  • Like
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Merry Christmas everyone!!!

I literally can’t complain! I’ve been so spoilt I am actually very overwhelmed!
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
See my message of “I don’t want anything, thanks” has finally made it through this year. My mum always insists on buying me stuff that I just don’t want or need (candle warmer melt things etc) but thankfully she listened this year, I got the chocolate I asked for and that’s that. I have no desire to have any gifts at Christmas (or birthday).

The problem is I assume everyone else is the same. Last Christmas I didn’t buy my husband anything at all, then felt awful about it when he bought me things 🙊
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
Every year my mother gets me a box full of feminine hygiene products 🤣 pads, cotton wool, face wash, and hand gel (which came in very handy this year)

and I’m 28, not 13 🤣
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I used to get a "giftset of smellies" from one relative, thankfully no longer on speaking terms with this relative so at least this year, NO SMELLIES!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 11
I like dove products but not as a present.

My hubby got me a selfie light, i don’t take selfies 🤷🏻‍♀️
O/T but I love your pfp... the ginger Jerry Hall herself

Any alcohol I've ever received from people who know I dont drink in the house 😅
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
My favourite gifts to get are from my nan... she absolutely trolls the entire family.
Once upon a time she threw a hissy fit because she had been bought a CAR that was the wrong colour for Christmas. Everyone always gets her really
Thoughtful, kind gifts because god forbid she is displeased.
On the other hand, gifts the family receive include gift sets shes regifted still with her name written on, things from charity shops with clear nicotine staining, things from whatever local shop shut this year (with the reduced sticker removed and the original price left proud) and clothes 5 sizes too big. For my birthday I got out of date chocolate. A few years ago some leggings with an ak47 on the side. Someone showed her ali express a few years ago too.

what’s funnier is it’s not as if she really struggles, she is minted- I would prefer she didn’t bother at all or just got us some chocs or something but duck
Every broaching the subject with her 😂
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 12
I really feel like venting my spleen over a Christmas gift for a friend, that has backfired. I'm feeling pretty negative about it, because the situation is unfolding as we speak.
For now, I am trying to deal with this as best I can. Maybe I will save this tale, for the worst present thread at a later date. :)
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I really feel like venting my spleen over a Cristmas gift for a friend, that has backfired. I'm feeling pretty negative about it, because the situation is unfolding as we speak.
For now, I am trying to deal with this as best I can. Maybe I will save this tale, for the worst present thread at a later date. :)
Well you're in the right place if ever you want to vent 🙂👍
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
A Jar full of mindfullness challenges - one for each day from the mother in law. Honest to god the woman is mental 🙄
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 21
From a young age I've always been into horses and often go horse riding. I've never owned a horse and probably never will however every christmas an aunt gives me a tin of saddle wax 🤔🐎
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 38
We’ve not opened my MIL presents yet but honestly my in-laws are GREAT at impersonal gifts which say ‘we don’t know you or even our own son whatsoever!’ Once his mum and dad got me scented drawer liners. Scented. Draw liners. They smelt very nice but I’m 29 years old, does anyone under the age of 90 use them? God knows what we’ll get this year. I’ll report back in an hour or so once we’ve opened them over FaceTime.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I got a Dove bath set but I really love baths so it’s actually a pretty good gift for me!

MIL insists on getting the cousins absolutely identical gifts which is fine, but while she does take into account size in clothing finally (after years of stuff he’d grow into as the cousins are older), she insists on giving my step-son an Xbox gift card when he only has a switch- she knows full well, had it explained to her gently a few times but has done it for the last few birthday/Christmas. I know it’s super petty to complain but she knows exactly what she’s doing and is making some kind of PA point.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
Not really a moan, just gave me a bit of a giggle this morning. My granddad every year without fail will give me a Christmas card with £10 in it. I’m always happy with it, who doesn’t like free money?! So before I’d even got round to opening anything this morning, he calls, wishes me a merry Christmas and apologises that there’s not much in the card as he didn’t have much in his wallet and hasn’t been able to get to a cash machine as his car battery is dead 🤣 So at this point I’m thinking, “ok, maybe there’s £5 in it, still not gonna moan!” Told him that we were just about to start opening presents and I’d call him back in a couple of hours. Got round to opening his card and the first thing that made me laugh was the fact it was a birthday card where he had crossed out “happy birthday” and wrote “Merry Christmas” on it instead. Opened the card and I tit you not... the entire inside of the card was BLANK. No writing, no little card message, nothing and no money 😂😂😂 he completely forgot to write anything but thought he had and sent it. When I told him he was kicking himself but I couldn’t help but laugh. 😫
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Feeling like a bit of an ungrateful cow saying this but WHY does my MIL get me almost the same No7 and Ted Baker gift sets every bloody year? I don’t use either of them, I can only use certain products on my face because I suffer with bad acne so it ends up a waste. She even asked me for present ideas for me and my partner, I gave her ideas that would definitely have been just as cheap/easy to get as the bloody gift sets. But here we are with a 3 for 2 Boots job 🙄
 
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.