Christmas present moans #2 It's Xmas time & here's my present list, buy me what I want or you’ll meet my fist!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Winner of the day for me... a card. No money. No gift. And now the awkward chat where i dont dare say you got me nothing and they seem to be dancing around that i should say thank you... argh i hate Christmas

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Face masks... as in face covering type not get rid of wrinkles

Loads of yummy mummy tit. Like boxes of cheap sweets they've probably been charged a fortune for because its some #mum business. I cant eat them because all i can think about is peoples dirty hands on them and dirty houses 😂

Also... grandparents who buy massive gifts for kids. Size and cost - without asking parents. Making you feel self conscious that you haven't bought enough and havent got enough room. Definitely a toy for grandma's house....
I have friend who lives in a tiny terraced house with her husband and 2 kids. Her brother bought the kids a toy 'pony' which is the size of a real miniature pony and takes up a huge amount of space in their living room!

Coming at this from a different angle, sorry. We had my LOVELY AND GENEROUS AND HONESTLY PERFECT MiL over for Xmas and I/we didn’t get her enough stuff 🥹 And I think it was my fault 😟 I am careful to not over-organise things that relate to my OH’s family as he’s perfectly capable and it’s ‘wife work’ that I am wary of…but I think I went too far the other way and have made myself uncomfortable 🥲

It was me, my fiancé and his two children, all knee deep in gifts and still handing them out to each other and she was sat there (with a decent pile of things we are 99% sure she liked and needed) but the things with her name on had run out 😩 I feel like crap 😔 Just consoling myself that it’s her birthday in February so I’ll drown her in stuff 👍🏼
This happens with my sister and me. Every year we exchange gifts and I hope we have an equal amount as we open them together! Thankfully despite being very different, we have some telepathy!
Don't feel bad. She's an adult and would have loved watching you all opening your own presents. Maybe treat her to a day out when the weather is better. When you are older you have everything and experiences are often more welcome.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
My favourite artist in the world is P!nk. My mother knows this and was aware she was going on tour. I haven’t missed a tour in 9 years. But now with the COL crisis and being a single mum I just couldn’t afford to buy a ticket. Assumed my well off mother would step in and surprise me, I even sent her links, her best fiend is going and everything.

Xmas morning I eagerly await the shiny envelope confirming I’m going! She’s done it before and I know she’ll do it this time!

Instead I’m handed a large box. It’s an air fryer

I already have a bleeping air fryer mum. WHERE IS MY P!NK TICKET
Sell the air fryer and use the money to get a ticket to see Pink

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ahhh I lost this thread when the old one closed, I’ve enjoyed catching up 😂 sorry to say but I loved all my presents this year!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
In laws who buy generic gifts when they’ve known you over 13 years but put no effort in.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I’ve received the last of my Xmas present today from my partners mum and it’s a fake YSL perfume then some tea light holders she’d have in her home. Our home has nothing shabby chic or “millennial mum” with slogans on it, but she always buys us stuff for our flat that she likes. What the hell am I going to do with 4 tea light holders that say stuff like “enjoy your life” or “a family makes a home”? Just buy me a pack of M&S biscuits or give me the money if you want it to be useful. I feel bad because they don’t have a lot to spend but it’s just a waste of money.

My niece and nephew are only 16 & 18 but got me got me better gifts than adults with a set of flavoured olive oils and balsamic vinegars. It’s practical and will get used and shows they actually know me because I like cooking and eating nice food.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
As inconvenient as tit presents can be, at least I get new ones. Who the hell looks at used stuff and wraps it up? This thread has really opened my eyes to the world, I didn’t know it was a thing😂
I have a family member that gifts clothes for my LO always with the tags cut off, as in the label tags too, she has left the care label on a dress she’s gave this year which says it’s from a 2 part set, weird as it didn’t come like that
It baffles me I always wonder if it’s a hand me down

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I didn’t get any rubbish gifts myself, thankfully.
However, my MiL has been banging on about wanting UGG slippers for forever! So I got her a pair. When I asked her if she liked them she said “omg I love them! They’re far too nice to wear though so I doubt I’ll wear them I don’t wanna ruin them”

well duck me love if you wanted an ornament you should have said

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Must admit I almost did the ‘bath gifts for those with no baths’ - got some nice bath salt sets off Etsy for 3 ppl, remembered 1 didn’t have a bath at the check out so saved myself a couple of quid 😂….. got the 2 sets through and then remembered another just remodelled the bathroom and doesn’t have a bath! So treated myself to the spare pack 👍🏻

Reactions: 2
I’ve come to my boyfriends Dad & step mum’s in Norfolk and have been opening presents and despite them saying don’t buy much/spend big or silly - they have thoroughly spoilt us both which is so kind and I feel very very loved. We got a £150 John Lewis voucher, two tickets to see Six in the West End, a pink gin set for me, some lovely wax melts, Iron Maiden tickets, chocolate and a glass blown christmas bauble that us, his dad/step mum and brother, and his other brother and his fiancée all have 🥺 and we got a plant for our windowsill, and this lift experience thing at the Battersea power station!

Today has made up for the not so great Christmas we had this year 😂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Ok time to sound ungrateful, God forgive me.

Nobody asked what I would like, which is ok, but I make a point of asking other people as I never want someone to end up with something useless.

Got mega random stuff, like, a tea light holder (I won’t have it in my house as I have pets and very young children, so it will go to charity in the new year sadly), candles (won’t use them for the same reasons), NEXT perfume that I don’t like/wouldn’t wear.

A lockbox for your keyless car keys to stop you getting robbed (my car is from 2003)

All nice gifts but honestly I didn’t need any of them. So I now feel guilty because someone has wasted their money. All could be eliminated if we spoke to each other about what we needed (if anyone’s wondering, I didn’t feel comfortable sending a list etc, as this was mostly from in laws, and I felt rude/presumptuous!)

ETA - forgot to say, just ‘in case’ anyone asked my OH what I’d like / need this year, I told him some books Id like to read and that I’m very happy to be gifted them from eBay etc second hand. (Total cost maybe £4) he said nobody asked him in the end (nor did they ask me about him)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
My partners family are notorious for bad gifts. I got given a box of tissues, he got a can of de-icer and our four year old son (their only grandchild) was given a bag of pasta and a pink butterfly toy 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30