Christmas 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My benefit is so I can't touch it. If in a savings I'd be dipping in for other shiz whereas with Park, I can't lol

Reactions: 2
I’ve only watched Love actually maybe 3/4 times in my life.

Is it a big Christmas movie for you?

---
It was always Home alone for us as kids.

Reactions: 6
I have never watched Love Actually

I love, love watching both Home Alone 1 & 2 at Christmas though!

I also love the cheesy Hallmark/Lifetime Chrismas movies where the big city girl goes back to her small hometown for the holidays

Reactions: 10
I used to love Love Actually but I now won’t watch it because of the fat shaming of a slim character. I just adore the scene with Rowan Atkinson packaging the necklace though.
A lot of the film is a bit toxic when you look at - just my opinion x

Reactions: 10
I agree, I don’t think it has aged very well. I know lots of people love it, but I never felt it was very Christmassy? It’s not a favourite of mine. But I’ll still watch it if it’s on the telly.. because it’s Christmas

Reactions: 7
Since we are on the discussion of movies which does everyone prefer Home Alone 1 or Home Alone 2? I think I prefer HA 2.

Reactions: 4
I used to love Love Actually but I now won’t watch it because of the fat shaming of a slim character. I just adore the scene with Rowan Atkinson packaging the necklace though.
A lot of the film is a bit toxic when you look at - just my opinion x
i read an article that described love actually as a film about men being obsessed with women they’ve barely spoken to and i’ve never been able to view it the same way since

(it does make me feel christmassy af though it has a wonderful soundtrack)

Reactions: 8
Since we are on the discussion of movies which does everyone prefer Home Alone 1 or Home Alone 2? I think I prefer HA 2.
Ohhh that’s a tough one. I watch HA1 every Christmas Eve as a tradition, so I’ll say 1 but it’s a tough choosing

I’m stuck in my ways, watch Hocus Pocus every halloween as well
---
I love this idea of a christmas movie tombola!
Honestly saves me and my OH the ‘what do you wanna watch’ conversation as we are awfully indecisive!

I love both, but I saw Home Alone 2 at the cinema when it came out and was obsessed with it! I'm pretty sure I got the vhs for Christmas the following year, so that one is more nostalgic for me than the first one.

Reactions: 3
On the topic of Christmas movies, if you've not seen it, I highly recommend 'This is Christmas'
It's definitely on Sky/Now and it's just brilliant!

Same I'm gonna try that this year. As you can spend half the night deciding what to watch
I love the idea but I know I’m one of those where I’d pick a film and be like nah don’t want that one, try again, and do that 10 times

I only watched The Holiday for the first time last year and was kinda disappointed, I thought it was okay but loads of people say it’s their favourite, much prefer Love Actually for the romcom Xmas film

I find after the first 30 minutes of The Holiday I get bored and lose interest. I've only watched it right to the end once and that was enough for me

Reactions: 4
I love the scenery of The Holiday way more than the film itself. Neither couple have any chemistry and the less said about Mr Napkin Head, the better