Christmas 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone dealt with overzealous grandparents? How do you get them to tone down the gifts?
Might be controversial, but giving them a list to buy from might help if they follow it.
---
Tell them you have too many toys each year, and would prefer cash if they wanted to give something.

Reactions: 2
Merry Christmas everyone, today is my Christmas in August day 😊 I was wondering 'what do I normally eat for breakfast on Christmas day?' then I remembered chocolate obviously, so chocolate for breakfast it is!:ROFLMAO:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Hello 👋🏻 first time on this thread. The dreaded C is looming 🤣🤣🤣

Just wondering what your 14/15 year old girls (if any) are asking for/getting? Ta 🙂
Lots of Nike bits some skin care this year I would like to get a dyson hair wrap but they are so expensive so maybe a dupe of it.
Lots of sprays the Victoria secret ones go down well A jewelry holder and a skin care holder maybe. A make up mirror few clothes etc
---
So what’s your go to Christmas TV to get you on the mood?

I like to watch some your tubers vlogmas live seeing them go round Christmas markets etc
Also love the good witch obviously all the Christmas movies especially the Santa clause and elf also home alone Christmas chronicle I’m so excited

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Lots of Nike bits some skin care this year I would like to get a dyson hair wrap but they are so expensive so maybe a dupe of it.
Lots of sprays the Victoria secret ones go down well A jewelry holder and a skin care holder maybe. A make up mirror few clothes etc
---
So what’s your go to Christmas TV to get you on the mood?

I like to watch some your tubers vlogmas live seeing them go round Christmas markets etc
Also love the good witch obviously all the Christmas movies especially the Santa clause and elf also home alone Christmas chronicle I’m so excited
The Santa Clause films are my favourites!! I have to watch them every year
Also loved the Christmas chronicle too!
Christmas with the Kranks and Deck the Halls I watch every year aswell

Reactions: 4
I played Christmas songs this morning whilst getting ready, apologies to my neighbours.

"All I want for Christmas is youuuuuuu"

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Merry Christmas everyone, today is my Christmas in August day 😊 I was wondering 'what do I normally eat for breakfast on Christmas day?' then I remembered chocolate obviously, so chocolate for breakfast it is!:ROFLMAO:
I have a Terry’s chocolate orange for Christmas breakfast then something from my selection pack for breakfast dessert 😂🤰🏻

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
On posh advent calendars: I wish diptyque did a smaller version of theirs as >20 candles is just obscene, even if it was like 1 full sized candle a week rather than all the minis? Have found a Japanese pen calendar which looks brill so will probs get that instead!

About to start my annual research spiral into stockings, I’ve never liked anything enough to pull the trigger but need to as this year’s the first my LO is old enough to truly get it.

Does anyone use those cloth advent cals? I’d like something my LO can have forever, a quick google search and they seem to be dominated by the sad beige baby aesthetic! I want something retro 80s Christmas kitsch!
Have a look on Etsy for both?

Lots of non beige handmade options.

1693209668717.png
1693209941440.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
My baba will be 8 months when it’s Christmas. I’m so so excited for her first Christmas even though she won’t really know what’s going on and seeing Santa will possibly scare her 🙈 is it silly to want to decorate etc for her? I’m telling people not to go OTT with gifts as there’s time for that in the future 😂
Of course, babies love looking at lights and decorations!

You’re right not to go OTT on gifts, I got way too over excited when my first was born and bought him this huge bouncy frog thing that he bleeping hated, total waste of money.

Re advent calendars, I wonder if Chanel will do better this year after the embarrassing tit show involving stickers?

Tesco also fully embracing the early prep! Personally I think it’s too early for chutney making but I’m certainly thinking about buying and putting away non-perishables. I’m not usually this way inclined with Xmas food but seen as we will be hosting, I could do with spreading the cost a little!

Attachments

Reactions: 10
Might be controversial, but giving them a list to buy from might help if they follow it.
---
Tell them you have too many toys each year, and would prefer cash if they wanted to give something.
We set up a photo stream with gift ideas for each kid and my siblings kids. Then add our parents in and they get to chose what gift they will buy and then my siblings do the same. It means that the kids are getting something the parents know they will like and use.

We set a budget, so this year we decided £60 max per child (there’s 8 children between us) and I’ll put 4 gifts (per kid) into the photo stream and my parents will chose which one to get. The other 3 gifts are then bought by my 3 siblings. Then they do they same for their children.

Our parents also give stockings and usually fill them with chocolate, colouring books, etc.

This has been working well for us for the past 6 years.

Reactions: 10
Of course, babies love looking at lights and decorations!

You’re right not to go OTT on gifts, I got way too over excited when my first was born and bought him this huge bouncy frog thing that he bleeping hated, total waste of money.

Re advent calendars, I wonder if Chanel will do better this year after the embarrassing tit show involving stickers?
That Chanel advent calender was an absolute joke!

Reactions: 3
I always struggle with what to buy my parents each year. Any tips? I love meaningful gifts but I always come up short with mum and dad. My dad is so hard to buy for!

Reactions: 1
I always struggle with what to buy my parents each year. Any tips? I love meaningful gifts but I always come up short with mum and dad. My dad is so hard to buy for!
It is difficult when they seem to have everything and say they don't need anything. What about making up your own hamper filled with things you know they like. For example their favourite beer/drinks, books, sweets. Or tickets or vouchers for an event you know they will enjoy.
We wrap it up in cellophane foil with ribbon and bows to make it look nice.
You can also stay within your budget. 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The Santa Clause films are my favourites!! I have to watch them every year
Also loved the Christmas chronicle too!
Christmas with the Kranks and Deck the Halls I watch every year aswell
Yes!!! I also love muppet Christmas Carol and nativity for nostalgia

Reactions: 5
if there’s no Black Forest hot chocolate this year I will riot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.