Christmas 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thankfully this is where her age benefits me, I’m thinking more a bag of Percy pig choccy coins intermixed with “Christmas vouchers” for things like trampolining or swimming, stuff we’d do anyway but just made a bit more special for Christmas. I’m not a fan of tat so definitely not a consumption based thing.
Oh what a good idea to put vouchers in especially if you were doing the thing anyway

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thanks for the bauble links. A friend had a baby a few months ago and is moving onto statutory pay but still wants those first Christmas presents.

Reactions: 1
The Santa Clause films are my favourites!! I have to watch them every year
Also loved the Christmas chronicle too!
Christmas with the Kranks and Deck the Halls I watch every year aswell
I love Christmas with the Kranks, it’s so funny! I rewatch it every year too

• Heart
Reactions: 7
We had them growing up - ours were from Germany as we lived there for a while when I was a baby. If I'm honest they're a right pain in the arse for little ones especially now everything is so expensive! I've done my OH one the last couple of years (made him a wooden one from Hobbycraft) and trying to find 24 little things that aren't shite and don't cost over £2 each is a nightmare.
---

It's our first year with a LO so I'm determined not to start too many traditions, he'll only be 9 months anyway at Christmas so not too aware of what's going on. But one I really want to do is to read The Night Before Christmas to him before he goes to sleep on Christmas Eve.

I was going to get Christmas baubles with his hand prints on done but they're £50 for 3 in the local pottery place :eek:
One of our traditions is to read that book Christmas Eve, I got some paint your own baubles from Aldi wheh my little one was a baby and used baby safe paint for diy. But every year we go and to a pottery cafe and put her handprint of a tile and that’s £15 so I wonder if there’s any other pottery places near you that may be cheaper?

Went to a MacArthur glenn and they have their Christmas chocolates in store at Cadbury and Lindt now

Reactions: 3
We had them growing up - ours were from Germany as we lived there for a while when I was a baby. If I'm honest they're a right pain in the arse for little ones especially now everything is so expensive! I've done my OH one the last couple of years (made him a wooden one from Hobbycraft) and trying to find 24 little things that aren't shite and don't cost over £2 each is a nightmare.
---

I was going to get Christmas baubles with his hand prints on done but they're £50 for 3 in the local pottery place :eek:
Please please please. If you can afford it, get them done. I couldn't justify the money when my eldest (15) was little but later on when 2nd and 3rd came along I had theirs done and I regret it every single Christmas that I didn't save and get the eldest done, we were just really not in the financial position to do so. They are my most favourite baubles and every year we look how tiny they are compared to the children's ever growing hands (their 10 and 7 now)
---
I’m seriously tempted to buy this for the treeView attachment 2412599
I've posted this on the M&S food thread. They'll love it 😆 IYKYK 🐷🐷

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
One of our traditions is to read that book Christmas Eve, I got some paint your own baubles from Aldi wheh my little one was a baby and used baby safe paint for diy. But every year we go and to a pottery cafe and put her handprint of a tile and that’s £15 so I wonder if there’s any other pottery places near you that may be cheaper?
I was thinking the same, our local is £12.99 for a big bauble and they turn out so lovely 😍

Bought a stocking filler prezzie for a family member today and somehow a gift for myself ended up in my basket! 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I did these, the pack came via courier and was very easy to set up, you post them back to be fired in the kiln, we did one for us and one each for grandparents

Amazing, thank you so much!

I'm really disappointed the local pottery places are charging so much tbh, as the one I've been to before (the other is known to be very expensive!) was quite reasonable for 'normal' stuff like footprints on tiles. Can't be that much harder!

Choccy coins and vouchers sounds ace!
When I was a kid I remember having pictures inside my advent calendar, and tying those cheap cadburys chocolates to the tree- those simple things were so magical!
All the extra stuff these days like luxury advent calendars for £300 and Christmas Eve boxes seem so ‘extra’- but I have to admit that if I received either I’d be chuffed 🤣
I used to make Christmas decorations for my tree from the pictures in the advent calendar

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Snow fairy is already available to buy on Lush. I’m here it’s usually October, not that I’m complaining.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
There's a Fabulosa that's a dead on accurate dupe of it. Not at home to check the name but it's very pink.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.