Christmas 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probably the same one at Reindeer Lodge? We went a couple of years ago just after the hurricane and it was comically bad, but I want to give them the benefit of the doubt as they sustained a lot of damage due to the weather back then. Plus, we got the tickets less than half price! It’s an hour away but an easy activity with the worlds most hyperactive child kept caged in the car 😂

I’ve not been to Bolesworth but have heard very good things, also Walton Hall and Gardens is meant to be great. We’ve been to Dunham the past couple of years with grandparents as a tradition, its a buggy friendly walk and the food court has decent options, though there’s no funfair or games of any kind you’re just there for the walk. It’s run by the same company who put on Delamere lights, same music and effects but different order, please don’t book them both like I did last year 🤦🏻‍♀️
Thank you, the one we went to was in Wrexham. I forgot about Delamere and I'm only down the road from there. I'm going to have a look at them all now.

Reactions: 1
Thank you, the one we went to was in Wrexham. I forgot about Delamere and I'm only down the road from there. I'm going to have a look at them all now.
Sounds like there are a few of us within a few miles of each other! I'm near Delamere too but have tried to avoided it since they redid the carparks and cafe area and now charge a fortune (though has discovered the free parking now on a few times we have met friends there!).

Have any of you been to Blakemere? They normally have some Christmas light thing, need to see if they are doing anything this year and get stuffed booked. A few friends went last year and said it was good but they have children younger than I do.

For something totally different we did the Anderton Boat life 'meet Santa' boat cruise one year - that was a complete laugh and the kids LOVED it! It was precovid though....

Im off on my holidays this weekend, once I am back, full on Christmas mode will begin, I just cant get into Christmas when I have my summer holiday on the horizon!

Reactions: 2
Sounds like there are a few of us within a few miles of each other! I'm near Delamere too but have tried to avoided it since they redid the carparks and cafe area and now charge a fortune (though has discovered the free parking now on a few times we have met friends there!).

Have any of you been to Blakemere? They normally have some Christmas light thing, need to see if they are doing anything this year and get stuffed booked. A few friends went last year and said it was good but they have children younger than I do.

For something totally different we did the Anderton Boat life 'meet Santa' boat cruise one year - that was a complete laugh and the kids LOVED it! It was precovid though....

Im off on my holidays this weekend, once I am back, full on Christmas mode will begin, I just cant get into Christmas when I have my summer holiday on the horizon!
How old are the kids? They’re up t’north but both Cockfields Farm and Whistlestop Valley have fantastic kids events

I deffo want to see a Christmas film with a live orchestra.
I know it's a bit of a Marmite film but the first time I saw Polar Express it was a 3D IMax version. Bloody amazing. It's been one of my favourite Xmas films since.

I also got to see The Rockettes Christmas Show in New York years ago. That was really special.

Reactions: 3
I’ve still never seen Polar Express🙈 defo going to be binging loads of Christmas films this year while on mat leave!! I can’t bloody wait

Reactions: 5
My son insisted on watching The polar Express every bloody day for six months when he was four. Its been ten years now since I've seen it, last year he said shall we watch it again? No was my reply.😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’ve still never seen Polar Express🙈 defo going to be binging loads of Christmas films this year while on mat leave!! I can’t bloody wait
It’s the angriest kids Christmas film ever made 😆 the animation has aged terribly but there’s something really lovely about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My son insisted on watching The polar Express every bloody day for six months when he was four. Its been ten years now since I've seen it, last year he said shall we watch it again? No was my reply.😂
Omg. You've just reminded me. My daughter had The Nativity on repeat twice a day (before and after school) from November until about March when she suddenly forgot about it.
Jesus christ. I can't do that again 🤣🤣🤣. She's 7.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

I've been ice skating at Blakemere (it was a few years ago) and we always do the trails they have on, like the Halloween one. Blakemere Christmas lights is another I'd forgotten and that's even closer to me, plus free parking.

We did Anderton pre-covid my youngest was only 6 months so won't remember it. I loved it, even having to participate which I normally hate. I preferred the Anderton santa over the train santa in Bury.

I know it's a bit of a Marmite film but the first time I saw Polar Express it was a 3D IMax version. Bloody amazing. It's been one of my favourite Xmas films since.

I also got to see The Rockettes Christmas Show in New York years ago. That was really special.
I saw the Rockettes show too. Absolutely amazing! I definitely felt all the feels watching it. 1000000% recommend to anyone!
---
The Polar express is my least fav Christmas film along with The Grinch.
Aw I loved the new Grinch. Not so much the original. I’m also not a fan of The Polar Express

Ice Skating at Hampton Court was also a pretty cool Christmassy thing to do ... I didn't do the ice skating. I just drank hot chocolate and cointreau 😋

Reactions: 5
Ice Skating at Hampton Court was also a pretty cool Christmassy thing to do ... I didn't do the ice skating. I just drank hot chocolate and cointreau 😋
Was just going to say this one!! It’s so lovely when it’s dark and the palace is all lit up x

If your kids are very little, maybe a home made drive-in experience for a Christmas film?
Get them to decorate their own cardboard box car, with paper plates for wheels?

View attachment 2346435
my kids are daughters 24 and 23 and my son is 16 but love hampers since they were small. my 2 girls were sat watching old episodes of big cook little cook the other day they’re kids at heart 😂😂

Reactions: 6
Almost 9 months later, I'm still driving around with new Christmas gift bags, wrapping paper and an unused Joseph nativity costume that I was supposed to take back to Argos, in the boot of my car 🤣

My 4yr old always opts for Christmas stories at bedtime, the little weirdo😄 I've been on Stinky Sprouts, The Story of Christmas (nativity style book), Meg & Mog at Christmas, 101 christmas Bums, The Polar Express, A Christmas Carol and Countdown to Christmas etc. all year round!

I think I'll get some new festive stories this year... but I'm really pleased he could be a Christmas nut like his mother 🤣🎄🎅 my oldest hates it all because I go demented like Pam from Gavin & Stacey 😬 He's in his 20s and suffered too many Christmas countdowns with me 🤣🤶

I've already looked at the calendar to see when I can put my Xmas lights up outside in Nov! 🎄

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.