Christmas 2023 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ah that's it :ROFLMAO:
---

yes it doesn't get the same kudos as the likes of Still Game did, my english Cousins love Two Doors Down too, although sometimes need the subtitles on, there is a new series just out and all episodes are available on Iplayer
I'm English and don't need the subtitles on, lol. I've never seen still game.
I loved the Christmas episode last year when they went a coffee shop and Christine bought them all coffees with her points. I'd love Sharon Rooney to return.

We went to see Father Christmas today. When we got home my 10 year old son said "I know Santa isn't actually real"
He happily sent his letter off last week and happily saw him today and was speaking to him so I think he's still on the fence. Knows but wants to believe. This will definitely be our last year and it hurts my heart.
I just kind of brushed it off and said wellll if you don't believe then you might not get any presents.
Any tips on how to handle this conversation if and when it crops up again? I would really appreciate it 🙏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 10
We went to see Father Christmas today. When we got home my 10 year old son said "I know Santa isn't actually real"
He happily sent his letter off last week and happily saw him today and was speaking to him so I think he's still on the fence. Knows but wants to believe. This will definitely be our last year and it hurts my heart.
I just kind of brushed it off and said wellll if you don't believe then you might not get any presents.
Any tips on how to handle this conversation if and when it crops up again? I would really appreciate it 🙏🏻
I think if you feel you need to have a conversation about it, then I might just explain that whilst santa as a figure isn't real he represents a feeling of Christmas magic and the spirit of giving. But then explain that the important thing now that he knows is not to ever spoil it for anyone who does believe.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think if you feel you need to have a conversation about it, then I might just explain that whilst santa as a figure isn't real he represents a feeling of Christmas magic and the spirit of giving. But then explain that the important thing now that he knows is not to ever spoil it for anyone who does believe.
But. But
Santa is real! Well....Saint Nick is/was anyway lol my friends little boy is 6 and goes to school clubs....where the delightful older children are taking immense joy trying to ruin it for the younger ones who do believe. 😪 let them enjoy the magic for as long as possible

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
There are a tonne of really wonderful letters out there that you can either buy (or copy!). This worked really well with my eldest when he had two younger siblings and I didn’t want him to ruin it for them.

P.S just Google ‘letter Father Christmas child who doesn’t believe’ or suchlike

• Heart
Reactions: 7
There are a tonne of really wonderful letters out there that you can either buy (or copy!). This worked really well with my eldest when he had two younger siblings and I didn’t want him to ruin it for them.

P.S just Google ‘letter Father Christmas child who doesn’t believe’ or suchlike
That letter is so lovely, I feel a bit teary now 😭❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Have had this with my kids. 10 years old is a very normal age for them to figure it out and I don’t think you should lie if they do. You certainly don’t want them ending up in year 7 of secondary still believing as it might lead to them being mocked, sadly. When mine have figured it out I’ve just kind of said ‘you’re right, he isn’t real, but Christmas won’t be any different or any less magical.’ I can’t honestly say the magic has been lost since they realised he isn’t real, we have still had lovely christmases, and I don’t think it’s a good idea to lie to them when they’ve worked it out, especially at age 10. Most kids won’t believe still by that point.

The last present I was waiting on was delivered yesterday and now everything’s wrapped 🥰🥰🥰
Well done!

I can't wrap presents this early - I like to leave it as late as possible, put on a cheesy Christmas movie, have a glass of wine and some snacks and just take a couple of hours to have some festive me time lol

I bit the bullet and ordered a tree from balsam hill yesterday. Nearly got kne from John Lewis but figured it was only £100 more for the one I really wanted to might as well get the one I have been listing over. Has already been dispatched so hopefully I can get my tree up early in the week

• Haha
Reactions: 14
There was only one thing I didn’t manage to get and it’s not significant so that’s okay. I was going to get perfume for my friend- she told me there was a perfume she really wanted to try, but she’s never smelled it and if she doesn’t like it then that’s a lot of money wasted. I’ve got her a mini one (a proper mini bottle) from Vinted so she can try it. If she likes it I’ll buy her some but if not it only cost a tenner- no harm done and I’ll get her the other one.
If I might be able to help, let me know as I live on the border of NI / Republic of Ireland so could have a look in shops on both sides if you needed it and send it onwards

• Heart
Reactions: 9
If I might be able to help, let me know as I live on the border of NI / Republic of Ireland so could have a look in shops on both sides if you needed it and send it onwards
Thanks so much- that’s really kind but it’s okay :) . It was just some brack as I’m doing a hamper full of Irish food for OH, but my Irish friend who lives in my street has kindly offered to make a home baked one for him instead. I do appreciate your help though so thank you ❤

• Heart
i watched the holiday yesterday and bought christmas lights with mini christmas trees 🎄

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Ok people, today is officially Christmas tree putting up day (need to work on the name). What’s your choice of film while putting up the tree? I’m thinking maybe Christmas vacation.

• Heart
Ok people, today is officially Christmas tree putting up day (need to work on the name). What’s your choice of film while putting up the tree? I’m thinking maybe Christmas vacation.
the holiday, love actually or the 1st harry potter 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I love the old black and white films.
I’m really hoping that Margie might get shown again but I doubt it.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I want these for either hanging round the newel post at the bottom of the stairs or off of my mantel piece. They are habitat in Sainsburys but not available through Argos so can only add them to my basket through Sainsburys. I don't do food shopping in Sainsburys so it's not like I can even justify putting an order in for them to possibly end up subbing them anyway. I'm going to have to make a trip to Sainsburys to try and find them
Screenshot_20231125_231244_Sainsbury's.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.